Cecilie

Winter Village: Chocolate shop

indexed.gif B-OV-16D

The newest addition to my winter village is a chocolate shop. The kids love to stop by just to look at all the chocolate goodness through the windows.

6595078617_8d1816cc14_z.jpg

A Christmas wreaths salesman has put up his booth next to the chocolate shop. He sure knows where the customers are :wink:. Maybe it's not such a wonder all the houses in the village are packed with Christmas wreaths...

6595080669_feed7915f3_z.jpg

An old lady is feeding the pigeons some breadcrumbs.

6595081237_3bc853bbc3_z.jpg

The most popular item in the shop is apples dipped in the chocolate fountain. Maybe it's because the parents feel it's a healthier treat for their children?

6595078087_a3c6a7041b_z.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Chocolatier live upstairs, where they also make new chocolates to sell in the shop. It's not easy keeping up with the demand of the chocolate loving people in the winter village!

6595076201_42c1158013_z.jpg

More pictures can be seen on flickr.

Very nice Chocolate shop Cecile. I like the use of the Treasure Chest lids. The pidgeons are very clever. The set as a whole fits nicely within the series. The shop will give the bakery a run for its money. Mmmmm who wants Turtles?....I mean frogs :wink:

Play Well

Such a nice MOC Cecilie!

So many great parts, like the use of the trousers for the chimney, the interior and the chest lids over the windows, really nice touch and very unique! default_thumbup.gif

Good luck in the contest!

Very clever build. I really like how it fits into the Winter village scene. The pigeons are clever indeed. But I really like the idea of the chocolate dipped apples with the set up showing before and after treats.

I am confused as to what the light blue-gray thing is on the front roof?

Keep up the great builds.

Very nice 'Cecilie', a chocolate shop....now who doesn't like chocolate eh ? :wink:

Great designing to fit the other buildings in the series.....Good luck in the contest and Brick On while eating chocolate ! :laugh:

Very full of details, especially the interior... I really like the chocolate fountain!

And I also like all the colors of the building. Well done!

And good luck in the contest!!

Edited by Priovit70

A very nice entry, and as others have said, it fits very well with the rest of the series, with its sub-sets and all. The wreath seller is a very good idea, and my favourite detail is the sheaf of grain on the lamppost :)

Thanks everyone for your nice comments :sweet:.

I am confused as to what the light blue-gray thing is on the front roof?

Uhm, you mean the chimney? :look:

[...] and my favourite detail is the sheaf of grain on the lamppost :)

It has occured to me that the sheaf of grain may be a bit too Norwegian (or possibly Scandinavian) for people to recognize it for what it is, but at least my fellow Norwegians are getting it :sweet:

Very nice, looks like a busy store. I was really struck by the windows overall design.

Andy D

It has occured to me that the sheaf of grain may be a bit too Norwegian (or possibly Scandinavian) for people to recognize it for what it is, but at least my fellow Norwegians are getting it :sweet:

Yeah, I thought the same thing, since nobody else mentioned it :)

Great idea, lots of lovely piece use, and seems to fit the theme really well!

Very nice, looks like a busy store. I was really struck by the windows overall design.

Thanks :sweet:. I spent a lot of time getting the window design right...

Yeah, I thought the same thing, since nobody else mentioned it :)

I actually had the idea already last year, but didn't have enough tan bars then :wink:.

Great design, Cecilie! It looks great and in style with other Winter Village sets. What makes it special is the unusual use of some pieces. The chest lid looks great above the windows, and the legs blend in with the chimney. I haven't seen LEGO pigeons before, and yours look very realistic. Good luck in the contest!