Hello,

I'm trying to make a MOC of the 8258 crane truck. But now i'm looking for a small suspension method for the back wheels. It has double wheels on each axle and a differential in the middle, so there's not much space left. Does anyone of you had ideas of how I can make it very compact?

I've been looking around on brickshelf and I found this, but I think it's to hard to get a smooth suspenion.

Thank you in advance for your time

Stephen

You could use a rubber band,making it slack enough but still tight for it to stay in place should do the trick.

You could use a rubber band,making it slack enough but still tight for it to stay in place should do the trick.

Hello,

I've made an example as on the link but it is to hard, and I don't actually know what kind of rubber band he is using on the picture.... Do you have a clue?

It looks like a rubber washer,a pumbing shop or a diy shop should have them,i don't know if you could use a lego tyre instead of a washer?

maybe this double axle is something for you. it is not spring damped, but makes a good ground contact for trucks with 19 studs width

Edited by efferman

Hello,

I've made an example as on the link but it is to hard, and I don't actually know what kind of rubber band he is using on the picture.... Do you have a clue?

It looks to me like it could be a Lego tyre turned inside out

maybe this double axle is something for you. it is not spring damped, but makes a good ground contact for trucks with 19 studs width

this is very well made. But he uses a couple of special pieces.... I will try to make it without the special pieces.

Thank you for you time to search it.

stephen

did you that about the rear axle in the 8081

yes I have the 8081 but the rear axle-suspension is 'to simple' to use in my moc.

It looks to me like it could be a Lego tyre turned inside out

Yes, it is. The author himself said this on our forum.

Does anyone now how I can buy this piece, i don't understand how bricklink works:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=44136

You can click the button "go buy it" which will redirect you to the seller's page. once there you can add items to your cart and when you "checkout", the seller will send you an email with his Paypal address (assuming you selected paypal as your billing method) to which you can send the money to.

hope this helps!

tim

this is very well made. But he uses a couple of special pieces.... I will try to make it without the special pieces.

Thank you for you time to search it.

iam glad if i could help you with my design

iam glad if i could help you with my design

i have ordered the pieces I need. I've been looking around on your brickshelf account, I must say it's very impressing :)

Stephen

the most effective way ive seen is to attach the wishbones to the hole tha rotetes, there is spring so when you twist the axle in the hole it returns back to the center

the part is this:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x928cx1

I used these on my current project which is a car that has working suspention, steering, braking,, engine and diffs, etc while driving upside down and right side up

This means the suspention needs to have negative and positive stroke, the part shown above can achive +90 degres max of travel and 9 degres max of travel, it is set to 0 degree as dafault.