apinkberet

MOC: LDD Extended Pirate Ship

[pid][/pid] LDD 9B

This took me an entire day to build. It is certainly not the biggest or craziest pirate ship ever built with Legos (perhaps another day). But, it is a nice ship. I hope you all enjoy looking at it, and I would love any and all feedback!

I was only able to attach one photo. There is a 100k upload quota. I don't know how people go about uploading more images.

But here is a link to more images on Flickr

I hope you all enjoy!

~R

We don't upload pictures here, we use otehr sites such as flickr,

On flickr there's a toolbar above each picture that sais actions and share.

Click on share,

Grab the HTML/BBCode

choose a size (max in this forum is 800x600, do not forget that :pir-oh: ) Medium is usually okay.

mark BBCode

and then copy the code and paste it in your tread, that should do it.

From what I can see it looks good.

The colour composition is very nice. There are a lot of great ideas, for example the decoration of both sites and the things in the inner room forwards the cannon slots. I like the way you have done the railing with the window bricks. The design of the cabin is also very well.

But unfortunately you can’t build this ship in real with this kind of golden bricks (cannons and crayfish.)

Do you want to build it nevertheless? It would be sure very nice. :pir-oh3:

One question: Why is the anchor in the middle of the ship?

On the frontage you could maybe add more things or make the construction otherwise. However, that’s just my opinion. Great work! :pir-classic:

Would you add this LDD file in nearer future? :jollyroger:

(Sorry for my bad English, it’s not my mother tongue.) :pir-wink:

The colour composition is very nice. There are a lot of great ideas, for example the decoration of both sites and the things in the inner room forwards the cannon slots. I like the way you have done the railing with the window bricks. The design of the cabin is also very well.

But unfortunately you can’t build this ship in real with this kind of golden bricks (cannons and crayfish.)

Do you want to build it nevertheless? It would be sure very nice. :pir-oh3:

One question: Why is the anchor in the middle of the ship?

On the frontage you could maybe add more things or make the construction otherwise. However, that’s just my opinion. Great work! :pir-classic:

Would you add this LDD file in nearer future? :jollyroger:

(Sorry for my bad English, it’s not my mother tongue.) :pir-wink:

Thank you for your comment! I am definitely planning on designing a pirate ship that can be built with actual legos. I can't upload the file because it is too big to upload though.

There are definitely a few areas that need a redo, such as the front. The anchor probably shouldn't be put in the center of the ship...

Thank you for your comment! I am definitely planning on designing a pirate ship that can be built with actual legos. I can't upload the file because it is too big to upload though.

There are definitely a few areas that need a redo, such as the front. The anchor probably shouldn't be put in the center of the ship...

No problem, you’re welcome.

I look forward to your next upload and changes in relation of this ship.

I know it’s very difficult to plan a ship like this and it is even hard enough to get all the legos that you need.

For my next project I need two Black Seas Barracuda but that’s another story. :pir-look:

Keep it up! :pir-grin:

Nice ship, it's very ornate, sad that one couldn't build it in real life.

Thanks! I like building ornate models! :( yeah, I wish LDD had more pieces you could actually buy, then it would be more fun to use.