Sign in to follow this  
iguana

Henri & Edmond - Copyright

7967340272_cdc2bffd29_o.jpg

Hi everybody,

I've just posted my latest animated lego movie on youtube, and when visiting this forum, I thought it could get your interest ! It is called Copyright :

3 years ago I already directed a first lego animated short that met some interest in festivals, called The New Neighbour :

Do not hesitate to give me some feedback !

Edited by darkdragon
Indexed

Welcome on Eurobricks! :classic:

This must have been the longest brickfilm I've ever seen, and judging by the quality of the animation it's also very smooth. May I ask how many frames per second you used? I also enjoyed the humour a lot, so in general, it honestly must be one of the best brickfilms I've ever watched.

Well done, I hope I'll see more of you :thumbup:

Hello Peanuts !

I used 15fps for the animation. In my opinion this is the best compromise between smoothness and time spent on animation.

Thanks for your kind words, it's really rewarding when you spend so much time on a project.

I hope to have enough time to prepare more brickfilms !

Most of the time, while I'm watching Brickfilms, I have to remind myself that they are brickfilms and not real films, so I must accept them as that. This is genius. I feel like I am watching a real movie. I am only 3 minutes in and I already love it, the characters, story, everything. It even got me to laugh, which rarely happens with online videos. Bravo.

And, before I forget... the angles of the shots, the lighting, the cuts, seriously, this is just perfect. I love the scene interspersing his call to his friend with the police cars, the lighting is perfect for the scene and the cuts between the phone, him talking, and the cars are perfect. In the end when the door opens right before the cut away, again, perfect.

And now, 11 minutes in, you actually did a touching scene (again with beautiful lighting). This is superb.

Edited by Zepher

Wow. Sorry I can't add more. Just wow.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Both films are really amazing.

Brilliant movie.

I intended to watch just the first bit of it to see what it was about but I couldn't stop. I just had to watch it all.

Fantastic story line and the filming is incredible.

10 out of 10. :thumbup::laugh:

Just watched the while thing, great work, excellent animation, good story, funny, what more could you want out of a brickfilm.

Copyright was Awesome ! Well done, I too can't wait to see more of your top notch work! :thumbup:

wow, that was a stunning peice.

everyone telling edmond he's ugly had me and my sister in stitches watching the movie.

loved it, every single moment.

thankyou

I am continually amazed at, and impressed with, the creativity of people with the little plastic blocks and minifigs of lego.

Iguana, the movie was excellent with great plot, use of humour, and a moral message as well ;)

I also loved the clever use of seemingly unimportant details...for example up until the last few minutes I was still thinking "what happened to that Eco-Chrono?"...and had to go back and check the start (hopefully being suitably vague in case someone did not watch the whole thing).

Overall I loved it and it has inspired me to learn more about how to do this type of animation....I think it is called stop animation? When I have finished my studies I am going to have to experiment.

I have I many questions about the technique and how you achieved such smooth transitions and seamless results....but that can wait for another time.

Thanks for sharing your great work.

Regards

wow, amazing, this is excellent, both the lego animation itself is really smooth and the story and humour is great you've got a real talent for this well done and thanks for sharing :)

Fantastic movie 'iguana'! I really enjoyed watching it! The animation and dialogue were great. Did your crew have the town built for the movie or where different scenes constructed for a specific sequence? Anyway, I really enjoyed watching it, welcome to EB default_classic.gif

What a cool animation, with such a thought through story to compliment.

And quite funny, you had me laughing more than once :sweet:

I'll share a link to it back at work tomorrow, on our LEGO intranet.

Those movies were awesome! I loved the humor and style, they were just like actual movies. The 'copyright' movie looks really professional, with great cuts and scenes. Job well done :thumbup: . I really hope we get to see more.

Simply brilliant! Being in the television business myself, I know how much effort goes into just making a minute-long news story - and there's never any stop motion in that :) This is just awe-inspiring, and I'm impressed that it took you only eight months!

Like others have said, the editing, the filming, the angles, and even the dialogue and the comic timing is spot-on. Well done. If we have to wait another eight months for the next one, it'll be worth it :)

Incroyable!

Ha! It's just like an action movie! :classic:

Absolutely and completely brilliant. I can't even begin to imagine how much time went into getting that just right. The animation is spot on, the characters believable and the script had me laughing out loud more than once.

Will have to go watch the other one now.

Just outstanding! I can't believe I had actually sat still and watched the entire movie! :thumbup:

Wow... I'm stunned. This is really the best quality brick flick I have ever seen. Not only is the animation smooth, but it feels like a real movie with great transitions, positioning and lighting, and the story and voice acting was great too! I'm truly amazed and impressed. It's not just a good brick flick, it's a great movie that happens to be made through the medium of LEGO. Hoping to see more from you :sweet:

Awesome! I watched this with my wife and 3 years old kid and we all had good laughs thanks to you!

Je n'ose pas imaginer le boulot que ça représente... mais j'en redemande!

Thanks everybody for your kinds words and support. I’ll try to add some additional videos about the making of the film as soon as possible !

@Brickton

This is called stopmotion, and this is frame-by-frame animation. If you have any questions, do not hesitate, I will answer with great pleasure !

@Leg Godt Gud

We didn't build all the city, in fact we built different sets for each scenes : house exterior/interior, firehouse exterior/interior, street etc… depending on what was necessary in the screenplay.

@L@go

The shooting and editing took 8 months, but of course there’s a lot more going on when you’re creating a movie, such as story writing, animation tests, sound design… Thanks for you comment, having television/cinema professionals watching and commenting this movie is really important for me.

@Front

Share it, share it ! I already sent the link to some people from Lego Denmark I know a little bit… I do really hope the Lego team will enjoy it.

…And by the way : Happy New Year ! =)

These films are wonderful. Not only the animation but the cinematography, sound, lighting, storytelling. I don't think I've ever managed to sit through a whole 15 minute brick film before. As someone who is just getting started in brick animation, this really gives me something to strive for.

Thank you for sharing and I hope you'll be around Eurobricks to inspire us :blush: