matt22hew

MOC: HMS GAUNTLET

Update..... Rough seas off the coast if California has caused a ship wreck :-(

Or my wife tried to move the gauntlet while cleaning, but I liked the first explanation better.

She was moving it while cleaning the house and forgot that it was sectional, the stern and cross section fell a good for feet and blew apart.

As I'm pretty busy I won't likely get to rebuild get for a few months. But rest assured it will be done. Likely will re do the rigging and sails.

I will try and post a pic of the wreck soon

Edited by matt22hew

A moment of silence for this magnificient ship. At least it's good to hear you'll try to rebuild her. :pir-classic:

Isn't this the reason why they didn't let women on a ship in the first place? :pir-tongue:

Sympathies, I know your pain all too well. I've found that great things can come out of small tragedys though, so " chin up". I've no doubt you'll get her rebuilt, and perhaps even better than before!

Hey all, so interestingly I sat down with the trash bag of pieces and my tablet with this thread open and got her back together in about an hour and 45 minutes! One broken piece, a robot arm. And one extra 1x1x5 pillar??? No idea where it went but didn't look long as it is late.

But BACK IN ACTION!

and fixed the GUANTLET sticker to GAUNTLET!

Hey all, so interestingly I sat down with the trash bag of pieces and my tablet with this thread open and got her back together in about an hour and 45 minutes! One broken piece, a robot arm. And one extra 1x1x5 pillar??? No idea where it went but didn't look long as it is late.

But BACK IN ACTION!

and fixed the GUANTLET sticker to GAUNTLET!

Good on you! :thumbup::pir-laugh:

45 minutes is impressive! :pirate: And it's good this ship is still alive for action. :wink:

Awaiting orders!

Also my frame came in

!

2012-06-21_22-06-43_718.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :pir-wub: Awesome picture. The HMS Gauntlet is going to look awesome in front of that. :bonaparte:

45 minutes is impressive! :pirate: And it's good this ship is still alive for action. :wink:

Awaiting orders!

Also my frame came in!

2012-06-21_22-06-43_718.jpg

2012-06-21_22-06-55_323.jpg

I mean it's your money, but you should try and build a USS Pennsylvania rather than remodeling the HMS Gauntlet, or at least thats what I would do if I wasn't in college, I have limited space in my dorm and my roommate hates Legos. :pir_bawling:

Commodore Hawke here! I too am blown away by the playability and magnitude of this beautiful sailing city, and it has come to my knowledge that it is for sale on eBay! I've always dreamt that a ship of the line like this would be available for purchase already assembled! She would make an amazing addition to my fleet. And she would certainly be the mothership I might add. Alas, 5,000 dollars is a quite too high. Not saying she isn't worth that much, its just that I certainly can't afford her. Perhaps you could consider lowering the outlay a tad? Either way you have certainly earned my respect, for this ship is a true beauty.

Very respectfully,

Commodore Edward Hawke

This ship is just outstanding and the color scheme is very unique. It's a shame there are no sails that would match the rest of the ship.

Commodore Hawke here! I too am blown away by the playability and magnitude of this beautiful sailing city, and it has come to my knowledge that it is for sale on eBay! I've always dreamt that a ship of the line like this would be available for purchase already assembled! She would make an amazing addition to my fleet. And she would certainly be the mothership I might add. Alas, 5,000 dollars is a quite too high. Not saying she isn't worth that much, its just that I certainly can't afford her. Perhaps you could consider lowering the outlay a tad? Either way you have certainly earned my respect, for this ship is a true beauty.

Very respectfully,

Commodore Edward Hawke

Regarding the eBay listing, yeah the price is really high, I certainly would not expect to get that much and do have a best offer option, but there is roughly $1100 worth of bricks purchased at brick link in the build. I put it up mainly just for kicks as the listing only cost $1.75 or so, and it relists automatically for free, I have got only one real offer for $1500, I'd likely sell it for $2000 minimum plus shipping.I've since had a child and now am so busy with work and family I rarely get a chance to come on these forums anymore unfortunately. I'm glad you like the ship though, I always get great reactions from people who see it.