Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Scooby Doo

Jinkies!

Seeing the pictures for the Monster Fighters 2012 sets inspired me to create the original Monster Fighters and their vehicle.

As a kid I was a huge fan of the Scooby Doo franchise. There was just one thing I never got... I always wondered why the bad guys never teamed up. I mean they are just a bunch of meddling kids and their stupid mut...

6573933235_b064525289_z.jpg

6574092923_c67effe5d0_z.jpg

As usual I started the build by making the figures. They aren't completely accurate, but I like them a lot! The alien conquest female reporter head really came in handy for Velma.

Building the Mystery Machine was hard to do. I started with the lettering on the side of the van. Which took me quite some time to get it right. I had to use the initials as I couldn't get the complete name one the van. After that the base, back and the cabin of the van weren't that hard to do. I know the roof isn't supposed to be white, but I didn't have the parts in medium blue and using regular bricks made the van look really boxy. I'm quite proud of how it turned out. I'm not a vehicle builder so I think I did a good job considering the limited parts I have in lime, medium blue and orange. The model is a model and doesn't have any play features, no doors to open and stuff like that. The only thing that actually works are the wheels.

The buildings in the background are two WIPs. I modified the Medieval Market Village buildings to go better with the Harry Potter Diagon Alley set.

Edited by badboytje88

Not bad, you nailed Shaggy perfectly.....dam, Lego should do this as a theme ! :laugh:

Might I suggest custom torso's for them.....I know that their fashions per date 1970, but it would lean towards looking even more like those meddling kids 'badboytje88'.....great work and Brick On while eating Scooby Snaks ! :grin:

Nice MOC, especially the gang! I love the scared faces. I got where Fred and Velma's faces are from, but where are Shaggy's and Daphne's faces from?

Not bad, you nailed Shaggy perfectly.....dam, Lego should do this as a theme ! :laugh:

Might I suggest custom torso's for them.....I know that their fashions per date 1970, but it would lean towards looking even more like those meddling kids 'badboytje88'.....great work and Brick On while eating Scooby Snaks ! :grin:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't use decals and such. I'm a bit of a purist. But I do agree that using decals would create more realistic figures than when using official parts.

Nice MOC, especially the gang! I love the scared faces. I got where Fred and Velma's faces are from, but where are Shaggy's and Daphne's faces from?

Shaggy came in a Agents set, it belongs to this guy:

*clicky*

Daphne came with the new Pharao Quest theme, her face belongs to this lovely lady:

*clicky*

I was wondering what face could be used for Velma, as I didn't know of any female faces with glasses. Good job!

Lovely! :wub: You've chosen the best faces for the crew, creative monsters btw! :alien::jollyroger::pirate_skel1:

I wonder how the Spartan Warrior's legs would look on Velma?

970c03pb07.jpg?1

Edited by Otherworld

As an old-time ScoobyDoo fan BB, I just had to comment. I like your MM! :wub: The brick-built MM design must have taken a lot of work. Great colors staying true to the real deal. Your monster antics are enjoyable to see. I think the Medieval Market is a nice place for a monster mystery as well. It's great to see some Scooby fans out there. Keep doing good things. -TB

PS. We'll soon have some new monsters and sets with the Monster Fighters theme.

EDIT: a Scooby snack is well deserved.

I agree with LT, these would make a great theme. I've seen this before as a miniland scale MOC, but never in minifig scale! Looks picture perfect. Zoinks!

Dakar

I was wondering what face could be used for Velma, as I didn't know of any female faces with glasses. Good job!

Thanks, it's my new favorite female face since it is the first one with 'normal' glasses.

Lovely! :wub: You've chosen the best faces for the crew, creative monsters btw! :alien::jollyroger::pirate_skel1:

I wonder how the Spartan Warrior's legs would look on Velma?

970c03pb07.jpg?1

That might just be a great idea!

As an old-time ScoobyDoo fan BB, I just had to comment. I like your MM! :wub: The brick-built MM design must have taken a lot of work. Great colors staying true to the real deal. Your monster antics are enjoyable to see. I think the Medieval Market is a nice place for a monster mystery as well. It's great to see some Scooby fans out there. Keep doing good things. -TB

PS. We'll soon have some new monsters and sets with the Monster Fighters theme.

EDIT: a Scooby snack is well deserved.

Thanks! Great to see there are still some Scooby fans out there! I'm really looking forward to the Monster Fighters theme!

I agree with LT, these would make a great theme. I've seen this before as a miniland scale MOC, but never in minifig scale! Looks picture perfect. Zoinks!

Dakar

hehe

great moc.

The van is super well done.

and and the blue Scooby collar. So simple but works so well!

Great job on the van and the cast. Shaggy and the snippet of Scoobs looks great!

Keep up the good work!

Great work the whole gang look great. Im not sure about the monster with the Bid Fortuna headpeice though it looks...creepy? :monkey: