Dear community,

I´ve got the 8110 U400 as a christmas present.

It is a wonderfull creation!

But after 2 tries...I still got a problem.

The engine with the 4 cylinder piston won´t move up and down.

They only will move if I am rotating one axle.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance!

@ Beeman: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Could you look through Blakbird's Renders of the 8110 Unimog U400 set, and see if your 4-Cylinder engine looks like this? {Click on it to make it full-size}

chassis10.jpg

You may have to look at the 8110 Building Instructions Booklet 2, pages 54-57, to discover what you may have done wrong in constructing and mounting the inline-4 engine. :hmpf:

i don't know the model at all, but it sounds like a differential issue to me. make sure the diff's internal gears have some play within the housing.

KEvron

Edited by KEvron

i don't know the model at all, but it sounds like a differential issue to me. make sure the diff's internal gears have some play within the housing.

KEvron

I agree.

Beeman, check to see if any of your bevel gears are missing in any of the differentials. Also check to make sure you have all the gears in the portal hubs, and make sure all your u-joints/cv joints are properly installed.

It could be at the center differential area. It could be that the center differential is mounted the wrong way so it is driving the steering axle instead of the axle to the engine. Happened to me when I was building my Mog. This is somewhere in Book 1 I think.

But after 2 tries...I still got a problem.

The engine with the 4 cylinder piston won´t move up and down.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance!

You have mounted one of the differentials (front or rear) in the wrong direction. Take care where the large bevel gear is, left or right. If they are not according to the instructions you get this effect. The rotations of front and rear are nullified in the center differential...

I have it myself, toooo excitet when building it, but havn't corrected it either...

fW

Sounds like the problem freakwave mentioned. Make sure that the front and rear differentials are opposing eath other, so one of the outer gears is on the right, and the other is on the left.

Hope this helps. :classic:

Edited by allanp

It's definately at the center differential, since I had the same problem. At the moment I'm rebuilding the whole chassis, will take some 3-4 Hours from now. Mounted one of the gears wrong.

mFg Widdi

This is exactly the reason I logged on today !!!

Thank you :classic:

I have already made a few mods and will update my thread soon :classic:

WD :classic:

Thanks guys!!!

I made a mistake at the front differential.

Is was in the wrong position!

Now everything works fine.

The center differential was in the correct position.

It would be fine if the U400 runs by PF.

Did any body made it? ...perhaps some instructions for it?

Mines the rear - driving the wrong side :classic:

I will strip it and rebuild tommorrow and fit the drive motor to - if you search YouTube there are some basic instructions and I think the info is on here to. I have also changed the gearing in the axles (which needs a mod to work up front) and cleared some space for the air tank. I haven't built the cab, crane or bed yet :classic:

Thanks guys!!!

I made a mistake at the front differential.

Is was in the wrong position!

Now everything works fine.

The center differential was in the correct position.

It would be fine if the U400 runs by PF.

Did any body made it? ...perhaps some instructions for it?

Have a look through the 8110 mocs tread there's a great idea for making this rc and it's easy too place the XL motor too,there is also a separate post for the steering using an m motor and clutch gear :)

I did the same thing - mounted the rear differential the wrong way round so that it cancelled out the front one. Took 45 mins to put right - ergh, I was so annoyed with myself!

I know exactly why I did it ...

I have been sad enough to line up all the pin slots, position all the moulding marks so they are hidden, line up all the Lego logos on the bricks etc ... lol I built the rear diff housing and fitted it, only to remove it and flip it over after building the front and realising that the surrounding parts looked better the other way up !!

Just woke up now, misses and daughter still sleeping - I had better get busy whilst I can :classic:

Glad we could help :classic:

I need more batteries for my Mog, been playing on these ones for a very long time (during all the ad breaks on telly and whilst watching special features on DVDs). I even used it this morning to load up a plate of food from the table filling the bed with sausage rolls, scotch eggs, mince pies etc :laugh: I'm impressed at how long these cheapo batteries have lasted.

I lifted a tape measure with mine, i never know the english take scottish eggs that is what the scots have,you can't beat our black puddings,I saw a haggis run across the road this morning. :snicker:

Guys,

My 10 year old is having some issues with his Unimog and is frustrated. I noticed two things:

1. When you push the Unimog gently forward, and let it go on a flat horizontal surface it rolls back.

2. The gear in the central diff seem to be rubbing on the yellow cylindrical tube (see attached file). Is this normal?

Help and tips (besides dismantling it completely :classic: ) are welcome.

post-80724-0-86195700-1376428830_thumb.jpg

Guys,

My 10 year old is having some issues with his Unimog and is frustrated. I noticed two things:

1. When you push the Unimog gently forward, and let it go on a flat horizontal surface it rolls back.

2. The gear in the central diff seem to be rubbing on the yellow cylindrical tube (see attached file). Is this normal?

Help and tips (besides dismantling it completely :classic:) are welcome.

1) How does the steering work? It looks like the differential was put in backwards, but if that's the case, your steering would be all messed up too.

2) Can you verify that the differentials in both axles have the ring gear on opposite sides, as illustrated in the renderings above?

3) Is the red bushing towards the front or back of the vehicle?

We'll go from there...

Edited to add question 3

Edited by dhc6twinotter