Sign in to follow this  
Brickmamba

[MOC] No wait, I thought you were blind?!?!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

G'day and Merry Xmas y'all, finally able to post my contribution to the RotJ CB

It is a build of one of my favorite scenes, the sarlacc pit and the skiff carrying our heroes to their demise. This was a great experience, would be my first 'major' MOC and had a lot of fun in the process

Link to all pics here > Flickr

CC welcome and most importantly, enjoy!

6568291327_51c256a49c_z.jpg

6568291861_4fde398097_z.jpg

6568291635_796314e475_z.jpg

6568292271_a990ac6d2e_z.jpg

6568292015_87ae3af288_z.jpg

Wow really great recreation of the scene Brickmamba, infused with some humour (I like the Lego SF of Han's), and I really like the Sarlacc build.

Grrr I need to finish mine now :hmpf_bad:.

Cool MOC, especially of the Sarlacc! :wub: You might want to take away the speech bubbles for a picture or the pic might get disqualified.

Merry Christmas

IMO.. This on tops the cake....Very well built Just the right amount of bricks....The best for me in the ROTJ build.. A+ :wub::thumbup:

Lovely creation. Really, I love it. The Sarlacc looks great, the Skiff does too, and for as far as I can see, even the Sail Barge at the background is awesome. Not to mention you showed off different scenes accompanied by text balloons, which really gives your creation a finished look. Talking about the Sail Barge, do you have more pictures of it? I would really like to see some close-up shots of it.

Lovely creation. Really, I love it. The Sarlacc looks great, the Skiff does too, and for as far as I can see, even the Sail Barge at the background is awesome. Not to mention you showed off different scenes accompanied by text balloons, which really gives your creation a finished look. Talking about the Sail Barge, do you have more pictures of it? I would really like to see some close-up shots of it.

The Sail Barge appears to be the Lego version, set 6210.

The Sail Barge appears to be the Lego version, set 6210.

Is it? *huh*

I thought the official version was way larger. Well, shame on me, I guess...

Great job! Everything is well built and composed, and the clear and crisp photography really helps aid in telling the story.

I can't wait to get my community build up now! :classic:

Really awesome moc! You totally got the look of the Sarlacc in brick-built form! :thumbup: I love that your "comic" captures the adventurous, light-hearted feel of the movie with a bit of added humor. :laugh: Great work all around. :sweet:

I love the delivery of this MOC. The humor and comic book flair gives it an artistic flavor. The Sarlacc is Beautifully done! I have to agree with Envy on this one, based on the overall presentation this is the best so far.

thx for all the positive comments so far people :tongue:

Cool MOC, especially of the Sarlacc! :wub: You might want to take away the speech bubbles for a picture or the pic might get disqualified.

Merry Christmas

thx mate, no dramas, bubbles can be removed easily enough

thx, happy that you like the build, as stoutfiles already mentioned the barge is the official 6210 set which is why there is no clear shots of it, it's main role is to fill up the background and give the pics a more authentic feel to the movie scenes

Really awesome moc! You totally got the look of the Sarlacc in brick-built form! :thumbup: I love that your "comic" captures the adventurous, light-hearted feel of the movie with a bit of added humor. :laugh: Great work all around. :sweet:

thx for the cool comments, I've seen sarlacc builds around and wanted to do something different so went for an 'eye' shape similar to the pit in the movie

Awsome MOC Brickmamba :thumbup: . I love the whole look of the scene with great a background and speach bubbles. Your skiff looks great, love the curved back and railings. Your Sarlacc is one of the best I have seen. I do like the eye shape and good variation on the tenticles. You have given the opening to the mouth a steep angle which is quite accurite as alot of Scalacc's I've seen are not on that much of an angle. Good to see you join the MOCing community and hope to see you futre buils as they will only get better than this.

Nice work. The shaping of the pit is excellent, and the tentacles are perfectly positioned and look great, despite being sand green.

Nice work. The shaping of the pit is excellent, and the tentacles are perfectly positioned and look great, despite being sand green.

thx, you're the first to pick up the tentacle colors, unfortunately was a matter of using what i had available :sceptic: