Maxim I

Historica - City Guide

Good day!

Just a short information: Hereby i have to withdraw my offer to build an embassy in an mitgardian town.. I have some special ideas that will need my embassy to be located out of city walls inmidst a natural environment. I'm still building in Mitgardia, no doubt, but it will be something special, i promise. Have to wait to construct it until february, though.

Best regards!

Helgestorp is open for embassies of all guilds! Just please add the official Helgestorp flag. Traders would be very welcome. Helgestorp have much Lumber and minerals.

The Avalonia Trading Company is planning to build an embassy in Helgestorp, if permission is granted. The embassy will be a large building on top of a hill surrounded by pallisades, as heavy siege equipment isn't able to crawl up the slopes of the hill.

The embassy will feature a feasting hall for diplomats, high officers and jarls to meet and greet, a storage room to store trade goods, stables, barracks and many more.

All what's left is your permission Bricksandpants! :sweet:

I will be building a Nocturnus embassy in the South East of Mitgardia, not sure what cities they have there, something along a trade route I imagine... Any Mitgardians help me out here??

I think Nocturnus will be a bit difficult to build embassies in, there is a "capital" of sorts but not too many "cities". There is of course "Lith My'athar" (Lith My'athar), but you would be a brave soul to build an embassy there. ;) I am planning on developing the area in front of my watchtower (Dr Rod's Watchtower) as a trade centre over the next 4-6 weeks. A small embassy could fit in there perhaps, the area is very rocky like the rock areas in my watchtower.

Dr Rod

Dr Rod,

I am in the midst of constructing a Embassy for Avalonia set in the Rakath Mountains, do you permit me to locate this within your area?

Lord Xyver

Good sirs! I am in need of a location in Mitgardia for a Kaliphlin embassy. My only requirement is that it be on a river or other navigable body of water, as it will also function as a trade delegation and have a small wharf. I believe that this embassy will greatly improve relations and commerce between our two great lands! And it will be a great addition to whichever city it is located in. See the rendering below which my trusty architects have given me, and I think you will agree that it will be a remarkable edifice. I will be sending our quartermaster to the Brikkus-Lynk quarries shortly.

-- Gex

6715638341_772f2edd34_z.jpg

Good sirs! I am in need of a location in Mitgardia for a Kaliphlin embassy. My only requirement is that it be on a river or other navigable body of water, as it will also function as a trade delegation and have a small wharf. I believe that this embassy will greatly improve relations and commerce between our two great lands! And it will be a great addition to whichever city it is located in. See the rendering below which my trusty architects have given me, and I think you will agree that it will be a remarkable edifice. I will be sending our quartermaster to the Brikkus-Lynk quarries shortly.

-- Gex

6715638341_772f2edd34_z.jpg

w... o... w... :o

no, seriously... WOW!!

Dr Rod,

I am in the midst of constructing a Embassy for Avalonia set in the Rakath Mountains, do you permit me to locate this within your area?

Lord Xyver

Grreting Lord Xyver, Dr Rod welcomes your proposal. There is a small trading centre (some warehouse type buildings, a small inn for traders to stay at and a guard house )in the mountains a short distance from the watchtower I built. The area is rocky, there could be some dark forest here too. the area is quite rocky, paths would be made of stone, not much soil around at this area but there is some. I will be building this area over the coming months so don't have any pisctures to help you sorry.

Dr Rod

Grreting Lord Xyver, Dr Rod welcomes your proposal. There is a small trading centre (some warehouse type buildings, a small inn for traders to stay at and a guard house )in the mountains a short distance from the watchtower I built. The area is rocky, there could be some dark forest here too. the area is quite rocky, paths would be made of stone, not much soil around at this area but there is some. I will be building this area over the coming months so don't have any pisctures to help you sorry.

Dr Rod

Dr Rod,

Thank you for accepting my proposal, my embassy is all but finished, just need to add the little touches. It is built into the mountain with rocky surrounds and stone pathway, so will fit in well I fell. No soil anywhere to be seen. I will post some pictures once I am happy with it.

Lord Xyver

Dr Rod,

Thank you for accepting my proposal, my embassy is all but finished, just need to add the little touches. It is built into the mountain with rocky surrounds and stone pathway, so will fit in well I fell. No soil anywhere to be seen. I will post some pictures once I am happy with it.

Lord Xyver

Excellent, I'll take a stroll down the path later and check it out ;)

DrRod

Excellent, I'll take a stroll down the path later and check it out ;)

DrRod

My Embassy is constructed and the builders are relieved now that the first of the Avalonians are arriving with much needed supplies and staff.

Embassy-first.jpg

Better and more photos will be put up in their own thread tonight.

Xyver

I am interested in building a Kaliphlin "embassy" in a small Avalonian town, preferably in a wooded area. I plan to include a couple Avalonian-style storefronts along a road to the embassy. It doesn't make too much difference to me if it is in an established Avalonian town - it could be anywhere, frankly; but it seems like a lot of guild members are really getting into "owning" towns or specific locations. So, if someone wants a Kaliphlin embassy in their town that doesn't already have something like that, I'd be happy to give it a go. Let me know - thanks.

I am interested in building a Kaliphlin "embassy" in a small Avalonian town, preferably in a wooded area. I plan to include a couple Avalonian-style storefronts along a road to the embassy. It doesn't make too much difference to me if it is in an established Avalonian town - it could be anywhere, frankly; but it seems like a lot of guild members are really getting into "owning" towns or specific locations. So, if someone wants a Kaliphlin embassy in their town that doesn't already have something like that, I'd be happy to give it a go. Let me know - thanks.

You're very much welcome to build in Glevum if you wish to.

My city "Moria" has still two embassy spots avaible. I would love to acommodate an Mitgardian as well as a Nocturnian embassy as Kayne was responsible for the excellent Kaliphin embassy that was errected within my town. In my opinion it would be very fair to offer every country an embassy spot.

I'm also looking for a spot in Mitgardia for my embassy. The location should be more a remote location or a smaller city. Any ideas? Help is very much appreciated. (a work in progress pic is available in the Avalonia Guild - topic!) Maybe somebody wants to offer me a spot :)

Thanks & best regards,

Sir Moriartus / rolli

Edited by Rolli

I'm also looking for a spot in Mitgardia for my embassy.

Me too. Looking for a spot in Mitgardia for my embassy (see several posts earlier for the design). Should be on a navigable river or seaport. Thought about Valholl, but not sure if the river is big enough to be navigable. Also thought about Hykerbia, but I think the embassy is too tall for the local building code. Perhaps Erikson, Nordheim, or Northridge?

My quartermaster has arranged for five caravans from the Brikkus-Lynk quarries; the first of which should arrive today and will be sent north. Thus we'll need to know where to build soon.

Bruluum Harbor would welcome any foreign emissaries to their small port if they wish to establish an embassy.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64885

(Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now, so you can check out some low rez pics on my flickr page.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29025875@N06/

Edited by rogueang

Note:

I know there is a lot work for me to do to update everything, but that will be for next week. Monday my last exam and after that some partying and working :tongue:

Bruluum Harbor would welcome any foreign emissaries to their small port if they wish to establish an embassy.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64885

(Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now, so you can check out some low rez pics on my flickr page.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29025875@N06/

I'd be interested in buidling a Kaliphlin embassy in Bruluum Harbor. I was planning to build a partial street scene with a few Avalonian-style storefronts flanking the street to the embassy. Let me know - thanks.

I'd be interested in buidling a Kaliphlin embassy in Bruluum Harbor. I was planning to build a partial street scene with a few Avalonian-style storefronts flanking the street to the embassy. Let me know - thanks.

The residents of Bruluum Harbor would welcome an infusion of inter-guild culture. If you have any questions, just PM me. If you're Embassy goes up before I have to tear down My mini of the town, I will try to add it first.

Edited by rogueang

Megablocks!!! Again???

My explorer/scout travelled allover Historica collecting the newest information and again somewhere in Avalonia he got lost.... :angry:

All we know is that he was collecting information about the Assassins Guild near the Border Wall Outpost :hmpf_bad:

Lord Damaximus will send out his best and most notorious Ninja Scout/Explorer (and Assassin this time) to investigate the case and to try to collect the lost information as well to complete the mission of the previous one.

Lord Damaximus is absolutely not pleased as this is already the second Explorer he lost in Avalonia (first one disappeared somewhere at the Mystic Faerie Forest).

Also, somehow the map of Avalonia disappeared out of the informationroom. The Assassins (and Explorers Guild) of Mpya Stedor is investigating this case as well...

(out of character)

- Luckily it was only half an hour work I lost, but seriously, I hate it :laugh:

- I am sure no one of the MOD's of Eurobricks will never read this, but isn't it possible to safe the new data when for example the new page refreshes without saving it first? I am active at another forum (a soccer game) and there you may click "previous" and then "forward" so many times as you want, the new text will still be in the editor. I have not really the computerskills to explain it :tongue:

(to make something clear: the page refreshed when I wanted to replace a link, not by clicking previous :wink: I work with 2 tab's: one for editing this and one for the information)

- At Avalonia:

I think we need a new map of your Guild, the previous one I had is a broken link nowadays...

Edited by DaMaximus

- At Avalonia:

I think we need a new map of your Guild, the previous one I had is a broken link nowadays...

I'm not sure how up to date this map is, but here is the copy I have saved. (I hope Brickshelf returns soon...)

avalonia

Merodaquinas Nocturnian city is offering two spots for Embassies within our walled fields.

Both spots are in the same area; Numbers Two and Three. One of them is reserved for Mitgardian Embassy, as desired for political issues. The other one is free to anyone.

merodaquinas.jpg

Main aspects of the land: dark green vegetation, some soil (brown) and rocky road. The road is important. You may all see that the stone road system is a main aspect of the burg. Anyone who chooses Number Two spot shall have to place the bridge beside, as it follows the stone road. Is a stone bridge boat, so it has to have proper height for small to medium vessels pass it by. Number Three spot has the same rocky road in front of it, but there's only undergrowth vegetation on the area.

Also, I am Nocturnus Emissary for Mitgardia and I am currently searching for a city to receive the Nocturnus Embassy. Please contact me if you have something to offer.

You can all read here why Merodaquinas is "The flourishing jewel of Nocturnia"

Edited by Cij Daoke

Hello Robuko,

last weekend I have started to build the landscape for my embassy close to Barqa. I just wanted to ask you if the landscape fits the region close to your mighty city.

avalonia_embassy_01.jpg

Hello Robuko,

last weekend I have started to build the landscape for my embassy close to Barqa. I just wanted to ask you if the landscape fits the region close to your mighty city.

avalonia_embassy_01.jpg

Dear Kerntechniker,

The Kaliphlin Master Cartographer Gex/ NiceMarmot is our expert on geographical matters. As far as our travels have taken us, the country around Barqa has a beautiful and varied coastline, with soaring cliffs and sandy beaches, some patches of jungle. Barqa town itself is a bustling harbour in a natural bay, at the mouth of the mighty river Akbri. If you have chosen a sandy part of the coast for your embassy, you are very welcome to build there, though it is probably a few miles distance to the centre of the city. I believe this looks like the South side or left bank of the river.

A very nice start, looking forward to seeing the build.

:classic:

Kerntechniker - Yes. As Rasputin said. His description of Barqa is right on. I don't think it's super dry desert there, but there is plenty of sand. It's more of a Mediterranean climate perhaps, with jungle and mangrove swamps around the river mouths. I think your landscape will work fine.