Maxim I

Historica - City Guide

Don't be frightened, The Warlocks will be delighted to host an embassy. We are rough only towards tresspassers, but we guarantee safety to all our guests who announce themselves.

When building in Moorlight area bare this in mind:

-there isn't much stone around so your building material would be primarily wood

-there aren't any huge beasts since the swamp is thick, but crocks and dangerous bugs and snakes are very common

-we drove off most of the local wildlings so they won't bother you, and orcs who work for us won't cause you any problems, we may even send them to aid you with your works

-vegetation is very colourfull, wild and bright, it may have some magical properties so be careful when you deforest :)

-heavy armor isn't the best choice of wardrobe when you dwell in a swamp

-the beacon on the Moorlight tower is constantly lit, so you can always find your way through the swamps.

Moorlight area is located in the eastern Moruth (red elipse on the map), so if anyone wishes to build here, we extend our hand of friendship, MWAHAHAHAHAHA..oops..got carried away, anyway see you around :)

map.jpg

Most venerable and noble Warlocks, we would be honoured if you would host our Kaliphlian embassy in your lands! We shall bring most of our building materials on barges through the swamp, if you could garrentee us safe passage. We have no wish to despoil your lands, and shall build wherever you see fit. In the name of Dexterus Flagg, we offer you the hand of free trade and freindship between our mighty guilds!

Yours in peace, Lord Erudhalion Sansael

In addition, Peregrinus would like to extend an invitation to all other guilds to build embassies on our land. :classic: For the uninitiated, our port city of Berigora is a sheltered, deep-water port built on and into the surrounding hills and mountains. Space is at a premium, and houses are often several stories high, and built of Rakath granite, sandstone and painted timber. We value colour, beauty and grace in our buildings, with delicate arches, spires and ornamentation a predominant feature. Many of our houses are topped with terrace gardens, this helps to keep the heat down and makes good agricultural use of our limited space.

<out of character> For srs, i am pretty excited at the prospect of doing some down and dirty swamp building in the Moruth! :classic: Yippee!

Edited by gabe

I think your city is ready for invasion ;)

HOWEVER...

We will not attack openly. Too many of you avalonians, you are like rabbits; Drow have a lot of gold, and gold buys commitment from all other races. So we are going to steer things a little, buy few politicians, assassin some important heads of families and plant few evidence that incriminate other heads of important families, cults are going to rise and poor are going to rebel; we are going to occupy all the slums, thief guilds and unholy shrines; every cutthroat, smuggler and lady of questionable morale is going to ultimately work for us; we are going to saw paranoia, hate and despair among it citizens, and ultimately, city is going to eat it self up, and at the end, burn by the hands of its own citizens. And there will not be more then a hand full of Drow in the city, pulling the strings. And at the end, one of them will bring me the head of the pompous human that thought that he can talk to the matron-mother like they are equal!

Drow rule supreme! And just think how certain everything is, when we can talk about our plans so openly

Also, we will build tower of despair near the city, and call it embassy; every night screams from the tower will chill the blood of the week avalonians from the city, and any attempt to board the embassy will be regarded as an act of war; swarms of banshee will spread their screams during every single night over and over and over, until there is not a crumb of sense left in your week minds. We will fill the surrounding woods with nightmares and creatures lusting for blood, and there will not be a safe soul in this so called city of yours! Drow rule supreme!

(Note: my camera just died :) so, I will post pictures of the infiltration squad and banshees later ;) )

I am still waiting to see the pictures :laugh:

There's 3 open embassy spots in Konugard, one is yours if you want it.

same to you cptmugwash

Konugard updated in the list :thumbup:

Already about halfway done with my Embassy in Albion, I like this challenge!

To solve the Albion problem, I split Albion up in innercity and outercity, so your embassy is placed now in the Outercity of Albion :classic:

(same for Angeli)

Most venerable and noble Warlocks, we would be honoured if you would host our Kaliphlian embassy in your lands! We shall bring most of our building materials on barges through the swamp, if you could garrentee us safe passage. We have no wish to despoil your lands, and shall build wherever you see fit. In the name of Dexterus Flagg, we offer you the hand of free trade and freindship between our mighty guilds!

Yours in peace, Lord Erudhalion Sansael

In addition, Peregrinus would like to extend an invitation to all other guilds to build embassies on our land. :classic: For the uninitiated, our port city of Berigora is a sheltered, deep-water port built on and into the surrounding hills and mountains. Space is at a premium, and houses are often several stories high, and built of Rakath granite, sandstone and painted timber. We value colour, beauty and grace in our buildings, with delicate arches, spires and ornamentation a predominant feature. Many of our houses are topped with terrace gardens, this helps to keep the heat down and makes good agricultural use of our limited space.

<out of character> For srs, i am pretty excited at the prospect of doing some down and dirty swamp building in the Moruth! :classic: Yippee!

Updated as well :classic:

I also restyled Kaliphlinlist by introducing areas to make it more clear to see.

When I do Avalonia, I'll do the same as their areas are known.

But for Mitgardia and Nocturnus, my Ninjascouts are still confused about the names (even they are masterminds) so help is welcome :laugh:

I am still waiting to see the pictures :laugh:

Konugard updated in the list :thumbup:

To solve the Albion problem, I split Albion up in innercity and outercity, so your embassy is placed now in the Outercity of Albion :classic:

(same for Angeli)

Updated as well :classic:

I also restyled Kaliphlinlist by introducing areas to make it more clear to see.

When I do Avalonia, I'll do the same as their areas are known.

But for Mitgardia and Nocturnus, my Ninjascouts are still confused about the names (even they are masterminds) so help is welcome :laugh:

Heh, um, given the recent announcement from the drow, I'd rather build outside the city, so we don't get into a war we don't want.

Or do we >:D

Good Sir Moriartus,

I would like to build a Kaliphlin embassy in your good city of Moria! Construction will start immediately upon approval by the city council.

Finally Avalonia is updated!!!

I did the list with the help of the first post of the Avalonian topic, but I know (viewing some posts) there are some faults in it of cities that are on the Mystic Isles but are placed in the list of the Countryside...

So someone from Avalonia that can give some information about this?

Also I finally managed to make the columns more straight!! :thumbup:

@Jakon, I've place u in the city of Gruven of your Avalonian friend Legonardo!

@Kayne, I've put you on the embassies of the city of sir Morartius!

Edited by DaMaximus

I would like to depict the Kaliphlin embassy in Abyssan, if it please your Lordships.

:classic:

Damaximus -- A few comments on the Kaliphlin list on the first post:

• Na Ghitan (in the Spice Islands) is being settled by CallMePieOrDie. I'm not sure if we've seen an MOC there yet.
  • Marja-Rhytaville is a small village / hamlet across the bay from Messahmuk, and as such probably doesn't even deserve to be on this list. It certainly isn't big enough for an embassy. Messahmuk however would be large enough for embassies and trade delegations. Although I haven't built anything actually in Messahmuk yet, I was thinking that area would be Gex's home base.
  • I would think that embassies are welcome in all our major cities: Petraea, Barqa, Ras-el-Akhen, QueensCross, Eastgate, Stone Town, Berigora, and Qarkyr. Berigora, Eastgate, and Stone Town have settlers so far (Gabe, SkaForHire, and robuko respectively) so people should probably coordinate with them. I think the other cities are pretty wide open at this point.
  • I think the Tower of Me're Dee is reasonably close to QueensCross, so I'd suggest that any embassies be put in QC.
  • As for locating embassies near Fonzy's White Tower in the NE, we should probably wait for a city/town to be founded somewhere there. Actually there is an unnamed town where the road north from Qarkyr crosses the Lick of Salt river; that's probably the closest town to this tower, and embassies should probably be in the town.

Thanks for coordinating all this.

BTW -- I think I'll be looking for an embassy location in Mitgardia eventually. Haven't had time to work on anything, but have some ideas, and might get a chance to build next week.

The Shire of Fuchal welcomes everyone.

Located in the South East corner of Avalonia, just inside the boarder wall, Fuchal would be a great place to set up an Embassy for those wanting a presence in Avalonia but not wanting to push too deep into its lands.

We are a prosperous area, with fertile farmland and surrounded by lush green hills. A quarry nearby provides high quality stone for construction and there is an old forest which provides strong, straight timber.

Lord Xyver

@Jakon, I've place u in the city of Gruven of your Avalonian friend Legonardo!

Ahh! Very nice, I must make a trip down and visit him :)

Edited by Jakon

Any Kaliphlinite cities open to an embassy?

There are some, I'll update Kaliphlin right away with the latest information I got of my fellow Guildmember NiceMarmot :)

barqa - ???

Berigora - Gabe

Messahmuk - NiceMarmot

Mpya Stedor - Damaximus (me)

Ras-el-Akhen - ???

Petraea - ???

Qarkyr - ???

Queens Cross - ???

Eastgate - SkaForHire

(those with ??? are cities where I am not sure of who is in charge in here)

You may choose :)

Edited by DaMaximus

Any of the Free Cities of Kaliphlin would be greatly honoured by your embassy, my Lord. As a general rule, we Kaliphlins welcome all. City details on page 1 of the Kaliphlin Guild stream. Petraea is our Desert capital, Barqa our Western Port, Qarkyr in the Rakath Mountains). Queen`s Cross is a beautiful city with a great bridge and a rather dramatic backdrop of the Great Escarpment. We believe Queen`s Cross was first depicted by SkaForHire.

From the Building Code of Kaliphlin  -

Anyone can build an MOC anywhere, without asking permission of anyone.

Many people, if building in someone else's hometown, will want to inform the other person first, and ask for feedback, but that's not strictly necessary. If building in someone else's hometown, try to keep within the general outline of the 'look' of their existing MOCs and fit into their existing back-story.

We don't carve out plots of land like some other guilds. You're welcome to settle in an area, build MOCs, and even exercise a certain degree of political influence and control on the area, but we're not carving up the Siccus into little fiefdoms with borders and so forth.

My home city of Samrd'dha is open for embassies. I'm currently doing a layout for my city and will do a topic with the story, it will contain my mocs from that city and the local area :wink:

Good Sir Moriartus,

I would like to build a Kaliphlin embassy in your good city of Moria! Construction will start immediately upon approval by the city council.

My dear Saladus Al Juhtiv,

I'm honored that you want to build your embassy in the city of Moria! You are more than welcome to errect a mighty Kaliphin embassy in my city! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask! I'm very curious what it will look like!

(Sorry for the delayed answer. Took a week off in Berlin with very restricted internet connections..the LEGO-Store was more than able to compensate this lack ;) )

For all other builders: There are still two other spots avaible! I'm quite curious, how a Mitgardian or a Nocturnian embassy would look like in my city!

Best regards,

Sir Moriartus / Rolli

Helgestorp is open for embassies of all guilds! Just please add the official Helgestorp flag. Traders would be very welcome. Helgestorp have much Lumber and minerals.

I would like to build an embassy somewhere in Avalonia. Due to some restricted building materials, I would like to start construction some forested location or in the countryside. If any Avalonians can suggest such a place I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Kārlis von Blockburn

I would like to build an embassy somewhere in Avalonia. Due to some restricted building materials, I would like to start construction some forested location or in the countryside. If any Avalonians can suggest such a place I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Kārlis von Blockburn

Blockburn,

Fuchal is a shire located in the countryside at the southeast corner of Avalonia. Local materials are wood and a variety of stone, but you can build with anything you want and you are more than welcome.

Xyver

Hello,

as a proud member of Avalonia I want to build an embassy close to Barqa on the Khaliphlin guild territory.

Does the Lord of Barqa agree with my request?

Also people are invited to build an embassy on the territory of Burrium. My people are open for trade an science and representatives.

May your embassy bring wealth and prosperity.

Edited by Kerntechniker

Hello,

as a proud member of Avalonia I want to build an embassy close to Barga on the Khaliphlin guild territory.

Does the Lord of Barga agree with my request?

Also people are invited to build an embassy on the territory of Burrium. My people are open for trade an science and representatives.

May your embassy bring wealth and prosperity.

My Lord, Barqa is a Free City and all are welcome to build there in a spirit of peace and friendship. Our recent visitors to Albion have given us favourable reports of your tower there, and we hope you will grace our fair land with your esteemed architectural talents.

Barqa looks forward to increasing her commerce with the good people of Burrium.

My Lord, Barqa is a Free City and all are welcome to build there in a spirit of peace and friendship. Our recent visitors to Albion have given us favourable reports of your tower there, and we hope you will grace our fair land with your esteemed architectural talents.

Barqa looks forward to increasing her commerce with the good people of Burrium.

Thank you for generous invitation. I hope my architects can satisfy your expectations. They've started working already.

Embassies or trade missions in Stoneroda are welcome. I myself would like to send my trade cog to a trade mission that I would like to build somewhere in coastal Khaliphlin.

Embassies or trade missions in Stoneroda are welcome. I myself would like to send my trade cog to a trade mission that I would like to build somewhere in coastal Khaliphlin.

Mpya Stedor is open for embassies and trademissions :)

I am not sure if I will develop an embassy in Avalonia or Mitgardia (I almost finished my Nocturnian one). Not because of political interests, but just due the fact that I already spended the part of my money for Lego for January and February buying bricks for my palace and the Medieval Village Set :wink:

But maybe I'll try to do something with the bricks of this set as you can make a nice building with the available bricks. Certainly considering that tan is symbol for Kaliphlin while wood is symbol for Avalonia :D

I'll let you know :)

edit: considering the colourful buildings of Stoneroda, I am pretty sure I can make something with the old bricks I got :)

So Kaliphlin embassy in Stoneroda: check

Edited by DaMaximus

Blockburn,

Fuchal is a shire located in the countryside at the southeast corner of Avalonia. Local materials are wood and a variety of stone, but you can build with anything you want and you are more than welcome.

Xyver

Thank you Lord Xyver. I will begin construction at once!