Yawgmoth

Starting the design of Queen Anne's Revenge

I've been working on the sets I received this monday, bought 'em on ebay at a really nice price, and well, it was one of the best purchases I have done, every piece was kind of dusty, but in a really near mint condition, and it included all the sails, like new :O really satisfied, also the two sets I have built yesterday and monday were fairly complete :D ...I'll be posting some photos of my new Black Seas Barracuda, and my Redbeard Runner, the last one I made some mods on the stern, I so hate the poor design and the waste of space in awful features, but with limited source of pieces, It was challenging, still lots of fun!

Well, mainly for those reasons I haven't updated this thread yet, gotta finish my indoors and she'd be done, I'll be rearranging this entire thread and making an index at the 1st post, for a better search on the steps this took me to finish my soon to become pirate flagship, Queen Anne's Revenge.

Ohh, btw, @Blackbeard: Airbrushing would be the last option I'll be taking,...first I'm gonna try and addapt the colors to the pieces ordered,..if there's no other option, guess I'll need to mix and make some tests to get the same tone of red, or gold..

Edited by Yawgmoth

It's beautiful, great furniture too

Thanks! :D, I'd have liked to make a nice scenario around her, similar to some posters, with the QAR in flames, or something cool, but I lack of the neccesary skills in photoshop to make it possible :P

Well.. I know I could be doing another thread to show this, but guess there'd be no harm if I do it here:

The reason I stopped from making updates on this project is..I started building my fleet :D, finally some lot I bought from ebay arrived to my home, and I couldn't resist to open, clean everything, and start the buidling!

All bricks were in an excellent shape, and with some working, I managed to finish 3 ships, even when not every piece were there, I did my best with limited resourses (I had really few bricks of my own.. everything were in a horrible condition, so my mom one good day threw away most of my bricks, thinking I'd not be needing 'em anymore D: ..)

Anyway, here my starting and growing fleet:

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Feeling soo satisfied with those 3 days of work :)

Anyway.. I'm editing my 1st post, and posting my finishing pics of this, the design of Queen Anne's Revenge, be sure to check it there.

Finally, anybody knows if there's any way to make some kind of report from LDD that shows number of bricks used, how much of each one.. how much of each color.. etc, otherwise I'd need to account every piece I used to make the orders from bricklink and start the second part of this project, the QAR on real life :D

Edited by Yawgmoth

Nice fleet, the black seas barracuda is my favourite, I love the modifications you did to the red beard runner, the cabin looks great,

Nice fleet, the black seas barracuda is my favourite, I love the modifications you did to the red beard runner, the cabin looks great,

Black seas was the 1st I tried to assemble, and the one I wanted the most to finish as complete as possible, so it drained most of the pieces for the ither ships :P

Glad you liked the mods on Redbeard Runner.. I so wanted to get rid of those ugly and useless playing features, that only fill space for the important parts of the ship, with more bricks I'd had done something better, but for now guess it would sails the seas as it is, 'til I get another lot :P

Great fleet! I plan on getting the IFS sometime this year, I'd like to put it on my bookshelf. I might want to redesign the sails, though. They're useless.

That's exactly what I was commenting to Brig.Brick couple days ago, sails on IFS looks kind of ... awkward.. not like the ones in QAR.. or in mostly any other set...besides BBB..

Edited by Yawgmoth

I'm afraid I must bump on this:

"Anybody knows if there's any way to make some kind of report from LDD that shows number of bricks used, how much of each one.. how much of each color.. etc, otherwise I'd need to account every piece I used to make the orders from bricklink, which obbiusly will take me a month maybe..with some percentage of failure of course.."

I'm afraid I must bump on this:

"Anybody knows if there's any way to make some kind of report from LDD that shows number of bricks used, how much of each one.. how much of each color.. etc, otherwise I'd need to account every piece I used to make the orders from bricklink, which obbiusly will take me a month maybe..with some percentage of failure of course.."

I'd love to know that as well, If you find out let me know will ya :pir_laugh2:

A program like LDD should automatically keep a record of all parts used, however it could be data hidden from the user :pir_bawling:

Check Ldraw.org I had a program that could open a model and generate building instructions (been a while since I did it). Not sure if it will import the lxf file format, or if you would have to import into one of the lcad programs first...

Edit: ahh just checked, they have a converter tool... http://www.ldraw.org/Downloads-req-viewdownload-cid-6.html

Edited by SuperSirLink

Check Ldraw.org I had a program that could open a model and generate building instructions (been a while since I did it). Not sure if it will import the lxf file format, or if you would have to import into one of the lcad programs first...

Edit: ahh just checked, they have a converter tool... http://www.ldraw.org/Downloads-req-viewdownload-cid-6.html

LDD can also generate instructions, it can even made every step into html format..but what I really need is an accounting on every brick used :P .. I'm sure internally LDD has that property..it must have it..but as sebeus stated, it might be something hidden from final users.

LDD can also generate instructions, it can even made every step into html format..but what I really need is an accounting on every brick used :P .. I'm sure internally LDD has that property..it must have it..but as sebeus stated, it might be something hidden from final users.

Yes, but those same tools also generate a parts list breakdown...

Yes, but those same tools also generate a parts list breakdown...

Really?! :O that'd be really useful! Imma look into that..I'm very anxious to start ordering pieces from bricklink xD

Really?! :O that'd be really useful! Imma look into that..I'm very anxious to start ordering pieces from bricklink xD

The app I used would generate the building instructions but also generated a part list like the current official instructions do..

I plan to do the same thing... Going to build it and generate a part list and building instruction...

Edited by SuperSirLink

The app I used would generate the building instructions but also generated a part list like the current official instructions do..

I plan to do the same thing... Going to build it and generate a part list and building instruction...

I did installed Ldraw, and used the addon to convert LDD files to Ldraw ones, but on the process, it converted 0 bricks hehe, I got no idea how to make it work :pir-tongue: can you give me a hand?

Edited by Yawgmoth

I did installed Ldraw, and used the addon to convert LDD files to Ldraw ones, but on the process, it converted 0 bricks hehe, I got no idea how to make it work :pir-tongue: can you give me a hand?

Let me play with my model and see what happens. It has been a while since I played with it...

Let me play with my model and see what happens. It has been a while since I played with it...

Hehe, LDD took a day and a half to complete the instructions, and an hour to make 'em in html...3200 steps :P but that's because my pc ..well, it is time to change it.

Still a part list for the building instructions would save me a lot of time, please let me know when you get into your desing, maybe I was doing something wrong on mine and it didn't worked. :O

Edit: well, at least I now know the complete building has nearly 9000 bricks...ouch..

Edited by Yawgmoth

Don't fret. It's only the equivalent of nine Imperial Flagships. Oh. Right.

Seriously, take your time. Don't rush. You have a deadline, of course (For me, deadlines have a more literal meaning) but you have lots of time! And the thing about LEGO is that it's not hard, it's tedious.

Don't fret. It's only the equivalent of nine Imperial Flagships. Oh. Right.

Seriously, take your time. Don't rush. You have a deadline, of course (For me, deadlines have a more literal meaning) but you have lots of time! And the thing about LEGO is that it's not hard, it's tedious.

Well, I'm already doing my own inventary, it'll take me ages, since the only way left for me to complete it, is to follow through all the 3200 steps, and see what bricks are used each, and accounting 'em into colors and availability..

Already on step 27, :D ...wish me luck T_T

Here's just an image of the inventary:

Dibujo-2.jpg

Long route left for me..

Btw, I'm also watching a black seas on ebay, hope I can win it, tho I don't wanna pay too much for it hehe..

Ohhh, and for some of you who wants to spend on a very nice lot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370575722739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'd myself, but right now I'm short on budget..

Edited by Yawgmoth

Well, I'm already doing my own inventary, it'll take me ages, since the only way left for me to complete it, is to follow through all the 3200 steps, and see what bricks are used each, and accounting 'em into colors and availability..

Already on step 27, :D ...wish me luck T_T

Here's just an image of the inventary:

Dibujo-2.jpg

Long route left for me..

Btw, I'm also watching a black seas on ebay, hope I can win it, tho I don't wanna pay too much for it hehe..

Ohhh, and for some of you who wants to spend on a very nice lot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370575722739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'd myself, but right now I'm short on budget..

Mine wasn't converting into MLCAD format very well either... Too many missing parts, so I can't use LPUB...

But I did come across this, thought I would share...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41993

Mine wasn't converting into MLCAD format very well either... Too many missing parts, so I can't use LPUB...

But I did come across this, thought I would share...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41993

Thank you sooo much for sharing this! It was absolutely what I was looking for!

Still playing with the features, gotta figure out how to change an entire color from one used to another one in all bricks at once, guess theres a way to do it..but so far it is just, well.. got no words, way better than expected :pir-sweet:

Thanks again!