Henchmen4Hire

Mad Max's Falcon Interceptor

indexed.gif V-LV-41C

EDIT: Here's the LDD file. http://www.mediafire.com/?c5t6f7lrf7fhprv

I changed the color of some of the pieces so it's fully exportable to bricklink.

---

Cranked out another before I pass out, totally worth the sleep deprivation.

For the post-apocalyptic Aussie in all of us.

kvhm.png

Made this 1 stud longer than the Barracuda and I like it a lot more. Will probably refine the 'Cuda a little more...

More images and notes at my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drnightmare/

Also, yes the car is inclined because of the bigger wheel but it still won't drag if you move it :)

gasvu.jpg

Edited by Phred

Excellent digital creation of a famous movie car.....ah, the road warrior....AWESOME ! :grin:

Brick On Rage On 'DrNightmare' ! :wink:

Very cool; much more identifiable than mine. :laugh: Even so, you've fallen into a common LEGO CAD issue; you've used rare parts. :cry_sad:

Really? Which are the rare ones?

I haven't run this through LDD Manager yet but I'm pretty sure I can build this car. I'm only worried about the Barracuda but I can just change the colors if purple is too hard to find :)

Edit: Found some bricks that were kinda rare, thanks for pointing it out :) I changed some colors so now this is easily exportable to bricklink if anyone wants it. First post has the LDD file now.

Edited by DrNightmare

Figured a way to attach a tile to the back of the roof:

ajdb.jpg

It's a 1x6 tile, have to flip it around and it'll "clip" into those black clips

Edited by DrNightmare

Altough it's all black, it does look really nice! And it does have a post-apocalyptic-look!

Excellent MOC, this car looks like the real one! :wub:

Top work! :thumbup:

*hi five* :classic: I tried to make it as accurate as possible, I think it's easy to add the junk sticking out the back window if anyone really wants to.

Altough it's all black, it does look really nice! And it does have a post-apocalyptic-look!

Yar, sometimes I don't like how flat an all black vehicle looks but I think it worked well for this car.

The only thing it is missing are the yellow insignias on the sides. Great MOC. I want to see his and the 'cuda brick built so badly. Any plans for your next creation?

The only thing it is missing are the yellow insignias on the sides. Great MOC. I want to see his and the 'cuda brick built so badly. Any plans for your next creation?

Yar, kinda stinks having to wait till most likely the tuesday after the next to get the pieces I ordered x_X

I'll probably try some water slide decals for the insignia, I tried printing on clear labels but they do a weird thing where the clear areas turn a little opaque once you apply them.

No ideas for the next car, I was thinking the Back to the Future DeLorean but there are already some 8-wide versions I like, not sure I could improve them.

Also, a neat note about these cars is that you can probably rearrange some bricks in the front end to create a little cavity where you can brick build an engine (or a least greeble). I used mostly basic plates and bricks to make the cars as customizable a possible.

...I still need wheels for both cars though :tongue: Should probably put up a wanted list in the trading area here for the few pieces I need, ordering them from bricklink will cost too much because the items are scattered around a few different sellers.

Edited by DrNightmare

This is awesome! I'm a huge fan of the first two Mad Max films, and am going to have to give building this a shot. Maybe I'll park a Gyrocopter behind it, and clip a snake to its rotor mast.

Yessssss!

Here's what I have built so far, need a few pieces for both cars. The rear fins are staying solid in those clips, glad it worked out.

dsc0028dhj.jpg

And some work on Punisher's new van because my old one is way too big.

dsc0032tcm.jpg

Edited by DrNightmare

Awesome build 'DrNightmare'! It's great to see these brick built. The Interceptor is awesome, I happened to just have watched Mad Max yesterday. Anyway, great cars, I can't wait to see the new van default_classic.gif

Thanks guys, glad you like these!

Those grills on the Interceptor are metallic silver by the way, it looks so cool, I'll get a better picture when I get the rear wheels. I also want that air scoop in metallic silver too... :)