Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

Pirates in new LEGO Ideas book...

Hey everyone,

I wasn't aware until recently that LEGO has teamed up with DK to put out a new LEGO Ideas book. Like the 1990 and 1997 idea books, this one has several pages devoted to Pirates. I haven't been able to get a copy of the book yet, but several of the pages can be viewed at Amazon. There's a neat little brick built pirate ship, parrots, and a shipwreck.

I'd like to see an entire Idea Book devoted to pirates one day, but it's good to see that the Pirate theme is getting some exposure even while the focus is on POTC.

Look for this topic to be blogged in the near future.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

TC

I think that I saw the book at a Barnes & Noble store in Sioux City. I asked my grandma to get it for me for Christmas. I hope I get it. :pirate_sad2:

This book was one of the LEGO goodies I scored this Christmas along with the Clutch Powers DVD.

Captain BeerBeard is right about the pirates section being fairly small, but it was nice to see some great MOCs by our very own SlyOwl featured in other areas of the book, mostly regarding different techniques and how to achieve successful "still life" models.

My son got this book for Christmas as well - and while the pirate section is small, there are some nice ideas in there. My son has already gone through it from cover to cover - twice! Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I miss these kind of instruction books, It's good that there is still interest in them. I always like to browse trough the 1990 one, has some great Pirates display and ideas.