Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#22: Winter Problems

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this Quest. If you wish to join the game, head over to the

Rules and Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

TitlePicture.png

The 3 heroes follow the Elf to the docks. The three chosen heroes were:

benji_carvenhall_-_icon.jpgBenji Carvenhall (Played by Flare)

Level 10½ Ranger

Power: 18 (10+8)

Health: 15/15 (15+15)

Gold: 25

Inventory: Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8) equipped,Pick-axe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 potions, 1 Smoke bomb, 1 Remedy, 1 Mead, 1 smelling salts, 2 venom

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpgAmorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14 (9+5)

Health: 13/13 (13+0)

Ether: 13/13

Gold: 10 (10 gold debt to Ranger Docken)

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 5) equipped, opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), 5 potions, 4 tonics, 2 remedies, 2 meads, 1 Phoenix Essence, 1 holy bomb, 1 smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones

IMG_1583-1.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Played by Zepher) *Party Leader*

Level 13 Knight

Power: 22

Health: 22/22

Gold: 0

Inventory: King of the Desert (WP: 9, Fire) equipped, Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 3 Meads

They arrive at the docks and board an Elven trading ship.

ruiegyusiewu8.png

The Elf unlatches the boat from the dock and sets the boat west. After a while the Elf finally talks to them

HeinikeAvatarpicture.png

"My name is Heinike, I am the son of Chief Gut, and leader scout. We have had many problems this winter. Snowy figures have been spotted around our cave village, the village of Maw-Hax."

How will the party respond?

QM Note: First off, thanks everybody for participating. :blush: This is my first quest, so it may have some faults. Second, this is basically just some time to ask questions, not much to explore on the boat. When you are ready you can agree to wait until you arrive at the village. Third, I won't be available tomorrow until around 4pm, EB time-zone. I should be active most of the days, but maybe not so much around Christmas, but otherwise, I'll do my best to make this a fun and exciting quest. Thanks all, including Sandy for this game, and giving me a chance at hosting. Thanks. :blush:

Edited by Bricksandparts

OOC: Upgraded my shield right before we left. Likewise, on the days surrounding Christmas, I may not be GREAT at checking in, but I should do decently!

Boomingham smiles as he stands at the edge of the ship. "I hate sea travel," he mutters, as it becomes more apparent that his smile is forced. He turns to Heinike. "Where is your village exactly? The High Kingdoms, or elsewhere?"

OOC: my stats are correct except that I sold my fang dagger WP:3 but I forgot to remove it from my sig.

"These snowy creatures, have they done any damage?"

QM note: Stats fixed

HeinikeAvatarpicture.png

"I hate sea travel," he mutters, as it becomes more apparent that his smile is forced. He turns to Heinike. "Where is your village exactly? The High Kingdoms, or elsewhere?"

"We live near the ports of Draida bay."

"These snowy creatures, have they done any damage?"

"They have stole our un-cut gems, and for all we know may have killed one of our scouts."

"What are these uncut gems, are they similar to elemental gems? Also, is there anyone who would profit from these creatures. I don't want to believe it but greed is a powerful motive."

"What are these uncut gems, are they similar to elemental gems? Also, is there anyone who would profit from these creatures. I don't want to believe it but greed is a powerful motive."

HeinikeAvatarpicture.png

Heinike takes out a list:

The Uncut gems: (Can be enchanted into a true gem at any magic shop for 75 gold)

uncutsapphire.png Uncut sapphire

uncutruby.png Uncut ruby

uncutopal.png Uncut opal

uncutgarnet.png Uncut garnet

uncutemerald.png Uncut emerald

uncutdiamond.png Uncut diamond

uncutaquaramine.png Uncut aquaramine

uncutamethyst.png Uncut amethyst

uncuttopaz.png Uncut topaz

"The only reasons I can come up with is that they wanted these gems."

"Do they have any function before they are cut?"

HeinikeAvatarpicture.png

"Err, not much. :sceptic: We can't purify them. We mine these in our cave and sell them to Eubric. We had three crates of them you see. We heard reports of snowy beings outside the cave, and heard moaning noises, so we decided to go check it out. When we got back, only 3 of the 4 of us returned, and our crates were gone."

HeinikeAvatarpicture.png

"As two uncut gems are part of our payment can we choose which gems we get? Also, how are we to purify them?"

"Yes, you can choose 2 gems of any kind. And like I said, you can purify them at any magic shop for 75 gold"

QM Note: We had some unexpected problems at work and I won't be availiable. :hmpf: I'll try to get back a few times today, but I may not be able to. I should be active tommorrow. I'm very sorry and I hope this does not happen again. I'll do my best for today, but I won't always be active. Sorry. :look:

"I can't speak for Boomingham and Benji who seem to be dumbstruck by the wide ocean but I think that we do."

"Larry, snap out of it!"

"Yes, lets."

OOC: Sorry everyone! I was gone all yesterday afternoon.

OOC: No problem. default_classic.gif Real life must come first.

Amorith was still looking at Boomingham, his silence was starting to concern him. "Larry?"

"Sorry, the seas were just getting to me. I believe everything is in order for us to land."

The party waits until they draw near to the ports of Draida bay. By now, the water is partly frozen. The party docks the ship and gets out. After following Heinike for some time, they finally meet the mouth of a cave.

hdui89nvu58.png

After Heininke calls for the meeting, the scouts and Heinike's family walk out of the cave.

fvburuisjeo789js.png

The NPCs:

ChiefGutAvatarpicture.png-Chief Gut (Elven)- Leader of village

ZikeAvatarpicture.png-Zike (Elven)- Son of Chief Gut, Owner of Zike's Market (shop)

HeinikeAvatarpicture.png-Heinike (Elven)- Son of Chief Gut, Leader Scout, Messenger to Heroica Hall

JeffAvatarpicture.png-Jeff (Human)- 2nd in command

ShashAvatarpicture.png-Shash (Elven)- Scout

JohonnsAvatarpicture.png-Johonns (Elven)- scout (lost)

KellieAvatarpicture.png-Kellie (Elven)- Daughter of Chief Gut

The map of the cave village:

Mapofvillage.png

Will the party participate in the meeting first, or explore the village?

"I think that it would be good to participate in the meeting first and explore later, I for one would like to have a look at Zike's market."

"I'd like to explore the village, but first attend the meeting, although if we can't explore after the meeting I'd like to explore first. What are the rules of wooing the chief's daughter, do you think?"

The group travels to the Maw-Hax house and settles there.

fheruidsj4uy73.png

Once the group is settled, the meeting begins.

ChiefGutAvatarpicture.png

"We have had some problems this winter. We had three crates of gems from that mine over yonder. We were gonna be sending them over Eubric just about now but about 3 weeks ago we had some problems."

JeffAvatarpicture.png

"We had some reports of, to quote some villagers, "snowy people". About an hour later we started hearing moaning noises. We disbanded from the command post outside the village."

ShashAvatarpicture.png

"First thing that happened when we returned was the crates were gone. Second, Johonns did not show."

JeffAvatarpicture.png

Jeff take out a map of the outside area that has the checked areas from each scout.

346bf894dfjhk.png

Shash checked the south-west trail,

Johonns checked the unknown trail,

Heinike checked the north-west trail,

and Jeff checked the north-est trail.

ChiefGutAvatarpicture.png

"Any questions?"

What will the party do now?

Edited by Bricksandparts

The party is temporarily excused from the meeting (You can go back if you want) and heads over to Zike's market. Zike leave the meeting also and heads to his shop.

vsiodfeownsd93.png

The party enters the shop and looks at the wares.

dgey478dfh.png

Wares:

heroica-venom.jpgVenom – Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn. Costs 7 gold.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpgPhoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle. Costs 65 gold.

heroica-potion.jpgPotion – Restores 10 health to the target. Costs 7 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle. Costs 15 gold.

heroica-tonic.jpgTonic – Restores 5 ether to the target. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-elixir.jpgElixir – Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target during a battle. Costs 50 gold.

heroica-bedroll.jpgBedroll – Allows the hero to rest and regain health in a safe place. Costs 3 gold.

FireAmulet.pngFire Amulet - Adds good effects of a ruby to each attack. Costs 100 gold.

Note: The party may be able to gain more money in other areas of the village.

Edited by Bricksandparts

"I think that we should go exploring around the village first. Afterwards, we can start searching the trails. To the market first, and then we'll look at the rest of the village.

"Oh, there I go talking and walking at the same time again. I'm afraid my feet work without telling my head, and my head just plain doesn't work at all. Well, I can't afford anything here, nor do I want anything, so whenever you two are done shopping, we ought to head over to the warehouse, to see what they've got over there. I love an old-fashion exploration of the village. The world's a stance place, who would have thought that they'd have all this in a cave?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham walks over to the warehouse.

fjsuygzueo378.png

Ahead of him looms a wall built into the cave. After entering, Boomingham realizes it is too hard to see. There is only one candle attached to the wall. He can make out some crates and barrels around him. Boomingham leaves and returns to the party.

"Alright, you boys stay here, I'll head over to mine entrance/storage. Hey, Zikey ol' boy, where exactly was that meeting we were just at?"