Bonaparte

20,000 Members!

It all happened on a quiet Saturday, 17th of December 2011: Eurobricks reached 20.000 members

:sweet:

gallery_1558_67_5118.png

Instead of this being a boring 'congratulations topic' you can instead let us know what made you become a member on this site.

We want to hear where you found us, what made you sign up, how often you come to this site and how you like the experience of being part of our community.

Quite simple, when I got back into LEGO, SW drug me in and I was a member over at FBTB, they played an Aprils fools day joke on their site and switched it to the new power miners theme, it actually stayed like that for quite a wile, my login didn't work, so I searched for a new site, and landed here. I have actually slowed down as far as activity goes, but I'm still here every single day, and always loving it.

The growing size presents it's own challenges, but it's great to see so many adults share the passion that I do. It's great to be apart of this community, it's actually the only forum community I visit anymore. Having been active in quite a few in the past.

To many more years and 20,000 more members!

I can't remember exactly how I got into Eurobricks - but it would probably be EB's set reviews I find on the Internet. I used to lurk a lot but eventually created an account to comment on all the great threads here. Even now, I visit EB daily, it's just a click away on my Chrome toolbar! Definitely glad to see the community growing so large. Gratz EB!

20,000 members. That is an immense amount of people, and indeed a great achievement. And to believe when I joined here many years ago, I was #1621. It was a much smaller community, and It is crazy how much we have grown and expanded over the years of lego.

I originally joined mainly because of the reviews, and immense toy fair coverage. And eventually I just fell into it, I became a bigger fan of lego and met some very awesome people on here, amny of which i talk to quite often.

20,000 members. That is an immense amount of people, and indeed a great achievement. And to believe when I joined here many years ago, I was #1621. It was a much smaller community, and It is crazy how much we have grown and expanded over the years of lego.

I originally joined mainly because of the reviews, and immense toy fair coverage. And eventually I just fell into it, I became a bigger fan of lego and met some very awesome people on here, amny of which i talk to quite often.

I think the first few years had slow growth, but lately we have been expanding exponentially. I practically consider myself a newer member and I'm 5701. Damn.

Another sign of growth is the number of spammers. We may be at 20,000 member now, but the newest member is number 23250, which means there have been roughly 3,000 spammers trying to advertise their junk here. They must of thought we were a pretty good sized audience. :classic:

I must have had some memory loss since I can't seem to remember how I found out about Eurobricks. :wacko: All I know is that I joined back in '09, but didn't get fully active until a year later, and from then on until this day this has certainly been the most exhilarating online experience I've ever had. Not only has EB been my daily source of my "LEGO fix", but it also has been a constant part of my everyday life - so ingrained into my subconscious that I can't fathom existence without peeking just by a second at this lovely forum. There are a lot of things that I really like about this site, not speaking as a staffer but as a regular member:

- The forum-style with highly engaging discussions with fellow AFOL/LEGO enthusiasts who share the same passion and enjoyment with our LEGO hobby;

- The very organized structure of the forums, highlighted by the excellent graphic works (banners, skins, etc);

- Fresh exciting stuff everyday: up-to-date news, impressive MOCs from all themes, excellent set reviews, regular contests which encourage participation among members, etc.

- And the most important thing of all - the overall community spirit which you can really feel as if you're part of one big international family. :wub:

It seems it was just only yesterday when we were celebrating 10,000 members, and now we have doubled, and hopefully we could welcome more in the near future so they could also feel this unique EB experience. :sweet:

All you 'old-timers' with your 4 digit member numbers. Let a real old-timer, with only a double-digit number explain.

Well, since its been 7 years since I joined, I can't really remember joining. So I can't say why I joined, I can tell you that I've stayed for the shenanigans, irreverence and the leaks. One thing I do remember that, as an American, I really debated whether I should join Eurobricks and whether or not I'd be welcome. I'm glad I took the plunge.

Hooray for eurobricks.

Steve

I also can't remember why I joined; :thumbup: but I can still remember my first post, which of course included a high res picture! :pir-tongue:

But besides that have been enjoying all those great exlusive sets Lego is creating for all us Afols.

I Don't think Lego or Eurobricks would be so successful if it was just a kids toy....

Looking forward to the next 5 years! :thumbup:

I think I am probably one of many with the same story, but I was in my dark ages and while bored one day, I searched for legos on google. Sure enough, this website came up and I was amazed at how great of a community it was. Being an adult myself, I knew I was not alone and joined within a few days. I am very happy to be a part of this community!

Like most, when I emerged from my dark ages, I searched for LEGO news and info. I cam across Eurobricks and lurked for a while, checking the front page for news, but didn't sign up until I saw a really cool contest that I wanted to participate in. I don't have a lot of confidence in my building skills, but I wanted yo challenge myself, which I did. And I have enjoyed participating in various discussions. It's a lot of fun to connect with other fans.I enjoy getting feedback on my MOCs and becoming more confident in my building skills.

Edited by SilvaShado

20,000 members is such a great achievement for the greatest Lego community around. I first found Eurobricks while looking for Lego star wars info, I had no idea that there so many lego dedicated websites out there and I used to get all of my Lego info from the messageboards on Lego.com until someone posted a link to brickset, from there someone else posted a link here and I stayed for all of the information and the great community. Congratulations Eurobricks! Here's to 20,000 more. :classic:

I was google-ing for the 'The Batman' television show, when it brought me to a site called LegionsofGotham. I initially just read the fan fictions, but one day a thread caught my attention. A post held a link, leading to different site, Eurobricks. I explored the Licensed theme, and found many threads about Batman Lego, and... Harry Potter Lego too! And City Lego! And Space, and Castles, all being discussed, with mocs a-plenty! I joined up after a fortnight of stalking the site.

If im remembering right i signed up after I first heard about the prince of persia theme coming. Getting the lastest news and glimpses of preliminary pictures are wikid!

A think i dislike about the forum is how lisenced themes gets spread around other sections of the forums this is especialy aparent with the recent move of the LOTR thread it clearly isnt historical.

Idealy every theme would have its own subforum makes it easeier for new people to get to the stuff they want and keep the forums much tidier.

I forget the exact circumstances, but I know that while my first experience with EB was the Star Wars rumors, (I believe I followed a link from TBB) I didn't start to seriously consider joining until I saw Superkalle's topic about LEGO Universe Mode. I'd been a fan of LDD since LDD 1, so I was really excited to find out that I could expand LDD 3's options, and I joined because the unlock instructions were at that time placed in an attached text file that could only be downloaded by members.

I only joined up recently but have been studying others MOCs on this site for over a year.

I found out about eurobricks while googling lego pirate ships, searching for inspiration for my frigate, the Athena, and stumbled across classic pirates which took me to the pirates forum. after a while i eventually found all the other amazing forums that belong to this site. Now I visit pretty much everyday (unless I dont have internet access). About a month ago ZCerberus invited me to the site on Flickr and now I am here. although I have not been here long and don't have many experiences on EBs the little experience that i have so far has been great and Eurobricks is no doubt the best LEGO site around!

It all started at the Lego.com message boards. I went there because I was interested in becoming a more active force in the online community. What I found there was, well, atrocious. I surfed for a little while, until I found a mention of a site called Brickset.com. I went there and joined. From there, I saw a button that would take you to the Tabletown forums. I joined there, and got deeply involved. I saw a mention of a site called Eurobricks from there. A quick google search later, and I found it. The community was huge! I found it intimidating at first, so I lurked for a year. I finally joined, and most people were extremely friendly and helpful. I've since became a teacher at the RA, and an active poster. I've found EB to be my home on the internet, so to speak.

It was the Heroica RPG that got me to actually make an account, I have been a member on Classic Castle for about 6 months and saw a topic on Heroica there that interested me. It's just been getting better ever since! I get on daily to check out all the action on Heroica. I also like to check out discussion on the minifig series and see the new MOCs in the historical section.

Edited by soccerkid6

Well, I'd been a lurker of this site since the PoP contest early last year. I never joined because I didn't ever have much to add. I joined this August because, as I figured out, lurking was too boring for me. :laugh: I really wasn't going to care for the Heroica RPG, but that's a big part in my activity. A day hasn't gone by that I've regretted joining this community. Besides! I got to present Finnegan to the world! :tongue:

Scary how fast we went from 10000 to 20000. Maybe the next "10000" topic will be in a month. :look:

I found EB a couple years ago looking for reviews to help me decide between getting the Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading Post. At the time there was no review of the latter so decided to buy it and review it as my introduction to the website, but it was an abject failure so I didn't post it. I lurked in the Pirates forum for maybe two years and was really impressed with the quality of the ships and suchlike, they were completely above most things I'd seen on Mocpages, which I'd discovered previously. Then I realized that EB actually existed and the Classic-Pirates website was just an adjunct to it. :facepalm:. I finally registered in August and have loved being part of EB, many thanks to the admin. :classic:

Woah. 20,000 eh? I remember when I joined with only 426 members of which only about 100 were active, and the site looked like this. Back then it was more of a bunch of AFOLs cracking jokes and talking about rumours. Just look at this and see. :laugh:

Why did I join? I was on BZP since 2004, but due to a combination of Bionicle taking a turn for the worse, and my discovery of Licensed themes, I joined EB. It's been fun seeing how much EB has grown, and may it grow even more! :sweet:

When I started to collect Lego Star Wars I searched the internet for a forum that would be able to provide plenty of information on the subject, answer my questions and where I would be able to contribute in the future as my knowledge grew. I found Eurobricks amongst others and after checking the membership numbers, and the information it contained I decided it would be the best place to meet my requirements. And I must say that thus far it has never disappointed me. A great thank you goes to the superb no-nonsense approach of the moderators. :thumbup: I am here to stay for a long time. :sweet:

Around Halloween 2005 the first Lego Lego Batman teaser picture surfaced. I saw it in a gallery on Brickshelf and searched the net for more information. I then saw it on the frontpage of Eurobricks. I lurked for a few months then joined to keep up on the news of various themes. Happy days. :cry_happy:

Hmm, I forgot how I found Eurobricks... I think someone told me about it, and since they always had new set pictures I figured I could exploit this. :tongue:

So in the beginning I wasn't ver active and personally was put off by the sheer devotion of many members. However, slowly I began to feel the same way and now I am addicted to Eurobricks. :laugh:

Though I still don't post very much. :wink:

The younger me was building lots of ships back then, after a while I was just snooping over the internet, trying to find out if someone else was building pirate ships too. I stumbled across Captain Greenhair's Mort Royale on Classic-Pirates, and it didn't take long to find out it was part of Eurobricks, a huge community with some really good builders from which I surely could learn. So I joined and became deeply involved in both Classic-Pirates and Eurobricks.

The most awesome moments are when you actually meet up with people from the forum! :sweet:

On towards the 50.000 we go! Keep it up people, you are awesome!

I was searching for a forum for Lego when i found Eurobricks. I hadn't managed to find a forum about Lego that was active so i joined here and i'm glad i did. I've learn't a lot since being here and seen a lot of great mocs. This in my opinion is one of the best Lego forums i've found. :classic:

Edited by apemax