Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Heroica RPG - Quest #18: The Storm

Atramor grumbled vaguely at Alf's lack of understanding.

"We need the gems out of his bloody sword," he explained exasperatedly.

Alexis looked over at Atramor as he mumbled something about the gems in the sword. Then turned to the woman again.

"Yes, if it would be possible, we would like the gems out of the sword."

6878078519_53dc4f5578_t.jpg

"Oh, yes, I can most certainly get those gems out for you!" Patricia takes the Sword of Decay, unaware of its origin. She runs her hand up and down the blade. It glows white, and in a second four gems appear in hand.

"Here you are."

Party Leader, how will the loot be distributed?

Aquamarine

Ruby

Emerald

Sapphire

Johon has enough of seeing Alexis have a phoenix come down and drop a letter to her as she writes one to give back to the Pheonix.

"What? You've given about 8 letters to a phoenix. I don't understand..."

As the phoenix disappeared again, Alexis realized that the Barbarian was speaking to her. "Oh him? He delivers letters from Althior. It's part of the lovely new Z-mail system."

Then Alexis turns to Nur.

"I would like the ruby if that wouldn't be too much bother to you."

"Whelp the order of who got the least-to-most loot value-wise is Ellaria, Namyrra, Atramor, Alf, Alexis then me. So I'll give first choice of gem to Ellaria, Namyrra, Atramor then Alf and so forth."

"Patricia, would you care for these phoenix ashes I picked up? I don't know what to do with them." Nur attempts to hand Patricia his vial containing the phoenix ashes.

OoC: Who knows, as druid Ellaria may not even want a gem.

Nur takes out the vial of phoenix ashes and hands them to Patricia. Before he can do so, however, the ashes begin to glow, returning to embers and then to flames as the phoenix reappears, as a tiny, fuzzy baby bird, not much big than Nur's fist. This of course shatters the glass, but the flames do not scorch the Mage's hand. The baby phoenix, reborn from the ashes once more, looks up at Nur with round, black eyes.

QM Note: A little something special for you, Jeb. You may do what you wish with the phoenix from here, for story purposes.

At this point, the heroes may return to Heroica Hall. If you want to finish sorting out the gems here, that's fine. Thank you all so much for playing and for the continued participation throughout! I will add more in the QM's Lounge, where you can add criticisms, comments, etc. Thanks again! :sweet:

Atramor vaguely answers Nur's call for what to do what the gems with a nod. He then looks off into the distance, but doesn't even see a bleak dot on the horizon. Reputation with the Bonapartes...not entirely to his liking, but the 150 coins was well enough worth it...a feather suddenly drops in front of him, followed by his faithful companion landing on his bare head. He blinks up at McCafferey, but she merely ruffles her wings and settles herself on his head. He had half a mind to ask what the hell she'd done on the ship, but think as he might, the chicken remained unresponsive.

He shelved the issue for later, and cast an eye around his teammates. Each had done their part in the defeat of Atticus and many other creatures besides, and looked altogether exhausted by the trip. Atramor shook his head. He'd just murdered somebody he may very well have been working for at some point. Whatever he'd come searching for in Heroica Hall, his goal seemed to have changed entirely. With a quiet sigh, he trudged back to the hall itself.

babyphoenix.jpg

"Hrm. Guess I'm the new Atramor. What am I going to do with this thing? Ugly little duckling aren't you? That's ok. We know you'll grow up quick to a beautiful fiery swan so-to-speak. Maybe you'll defecate rubies or phoenix essences." The baby bird stared blankly at the mage and checked its surroundings as Nur headed back towards Heroica Hall.

OoC: Ok, back to the Hall. Please be patient as we wait for others to make a decision on final loot. Thank you for quest JimB. Was awesome!

Ellaria is happy to be back in Eubric since her condition is constantly getting worse. She doesn't think she would be able to do much questing in the near future, but something inside her tells that one of those gems would prove to be valuable.

"Nur, I would like to have the Emerald, if you don't mind. This quest has proven that I cannot trust my fiery staff alone, so perhaps I will create a wood-elemental weapon to accompany it."

Her next order of business is to return the scrolls she borrowed from Atramor and Alf. They were useful for sure, but she would find a way to get some of her own. She then thanks her companions as well as Sylvania for bringing them all safely back home.

OoC: Thank you for the fun quest, JimBee!

"I guess I'll take the Sapphire then, but I don't really need any of those gems, so consider it to be for sale, make me an offer and I'll consider it."

Party

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpgAtramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieorDie)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power: 21

Health: 20/20

Gold: 273

Inventory: Sapper (WP: 7), Cloak of the Elven Spy (loaned by De'kra), Sand Worm Hide (SP:2) 2 Orc Potions

ava-alf.jpgAlf Gregory (played by Bricksandparts)

Level 13.5 Barbarian

Health: 21/21

Gold: 156

Inventory: Meteor Blade (WP: 8, Light), Focal Staff (WP: 5), Greatsword (WP: 3), Sword of Decay (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max HP), Potion, 2 Venoms, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Ice Bomb, Mead, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Gold Ore

ava-ellaria.jpgEllaria Arbour (played by Sandy)

Level 16 Cleric ~Pregnant~

Power: 26

Health: 24/24

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 222

Inventory: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, Fire), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Venom, 2 Elixirs, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Flash Bomb, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Telescope, Emerald (Wood)

ava-namyrra.jpgNamyrra Uq (played by Quarryman)

Level 15 Mage

Health: 19/19

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 160

Inventory: Lullaby Wand (WP: 6, Sleep), Bone Staff (WP: 3), 4 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 2 Phoenix Essences, Mead, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet (Earth), Sapphire (Wind) Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing

esn_q10_00.jpgEn Sabah Nur (played by Jebediahs) *Party Leader*

Level 15.5 Mage *Lucky*

Power: 27

Health: 20/20

Gold: 172

Inventory: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), Helmet (+1 HP), Loaded Die (Lucky), Thorny Diadem(+3Power -6HP), 4 Potions, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Phoenix Essence, Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion

EvokerAlexis.jpg Alexis Fenral (played by Masked Builder)

Level 19 Evoker *Hastened*

Power: 28

Health: 25/25

Gold: 312

Inventory: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 10), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, Fast Asleep effect) Quickdraw Quiver (Haste), Potion, Venom, Lightning Bomb, Mead, Bone, Phoenix Essence, Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Shovel, Pickax, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Silver Ore

Still to divide:

Ruby

Aquamarine

(Gold is pre-Marketplace).

The companions ransacked Nur's gem pouch with the Emerald going to Ellaria, the Sapphire to Namyrra, the Ruby to Atramor, and the Aquamarine to Alf. The mage sulked as he was left with his original two gems.

OoC: Ok, I won't post in here again for real this time. Ty for quest!

Patricia waves farewell as the heroes head for the hall.

[QUEST CLOSED]