Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brickdoctor

Heroica RPG - Quest #17: The Lion's Share

1406 posts in this topic

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this Quest. If you wish to join the game, head over to the

Rules and Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

6350495703_6328495c30.jpg

6506365601_35815421b1_b.jpg

Not so long ago, the heroes of Heroica's fourth quest were employed by the Shadeaux to investigate raids on the latter's trading caravans.

6506366289_779a6213c2_b.jpg

Battling beasts and assassins alike, they fought their way across Uland.

6506367043_63dce12439_b.jpg

In R'kilf, they met elves who shared their suspicion of the newcomers, the Lion Knights.

6506368065_ba9961e936_b.jpg

But in the elves' home of Brobric, the true nature of the elves was revealed.

6506368983_b79653ea58_b.jpg

Thus, concluding an investigation of a Lion Knight camp, the heroes traveled to Bric'Lin where, in the midst of discussion between the Lion Knights, Brobric Elves, and Hinckwells, they assassinated elven Lords Keveak and Ricroar.

The Quest was successful, but the heroes found out that the entire conflict had been engineered by their employers, the Shadeaux, to provoke a war that the power-hungry house could benefit from. Now, the allies of the Lion Knights, the Hinckwells, striving to save their holdings in northern Uland, have called for their own team of heroes to hold a key position, the Bric'Bay Fort, as it is about to come under attack from the bulk of the elven force...

hinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.png

Answering the summons of Commodore Largus, you inquire as to his location, and a trader directs you to one of the Hinckwell's trading ships. You find the commodore in the cargo hold, inspecting the ship. Looking around, you see the seven other heroes of Heroica who will be joining you on the Quest. They are:

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
, Level 14 Mage (K-nut) *Party Leader*

Power: 19

Health: 18/18

Ether: 18/18

Gold: 5

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), Potion x2, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic, Smelling Salts, Mead, Nostrum, Remedy, Healing Staff

heroica_2.jpg

Xander Unth'or
, Level 9 Barbarian (posades) *Party Second-in-Command*

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Gold: 30

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: +1, Front Row; SP: +1, Back Row), Mead, Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence

ava-arasmyth.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
, Level 7 Mage (Kadabra)

Power: 11

Health: 11/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 3

Inventory: Sapphire Staff (WP: 4; Wind), Robe of Magi (SP: 1), Scroll of Sealing, Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Smelling Salts, Water Bomb, Grand Tonic

archer_pose.jpg

William Harkenshire
, Level 5 Ranger (volcanicpanik)

Power: 9

Health: 10/10

Gold: 0

Inventory: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 4; Fire), Potion (2),Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Mead, Smelling Salts, Pickaxe

conquistador.jpg

Alexandre le Chevalier
, Level 1 Knight (Capt.JohnPaul)

Power: 4

Health: 10/10

Gold: 0

Inventory: Sword (WP: 3), Buckler Shield (SP: 2), Bedroll, Potion

avatarrogue.png

Isabella del Toboso
, Level 1 Rogue (Dharkan)

Power: 4

Health: 7/7

Gold: 5

Inventory: Golden Dagger (WP: 3), Venom, Potion, Bedroll

ava-spag.jpg

Spag Bitterstalk
, Level 1 Barbarian (Kenghis Ghan)

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 0

Inventory: Crude Splinterwood Club (WP: 3) Potion, Mead (2)

ava-arthur.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
, Level 1 Mage (Flipz)

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Serpentine Staff (WP: 3), Opal (Ice), Potion, Bedroll

6506369475_df80337c02_b.jpg

ava-largus.png

"Ah, excellent! Good day, heroes. I'm pleased to see you've answered the call to assist a weak, peaceful people in their attempt to defend themselves against the evil that is the Brobric Elves. Even now, a carriage awaits outside to transport us to Bric'Bay Fort, where a small force of Lion Knights prepares to attempt to hold their position against the elven armies.

"The carriage will take us straight to the fort in naught but a day's time, and we need not worry about being attacked on Eubric Highway. We will not be stopping in Bric'Lin, though you will go through it. When we arrive, I will introduce you to the commander, Sir Lawrence. My men and I would stay with you, despite the fact that we have little experience with land battles, but this trading fleet sets sail in three days, and we must sail with it. Are there any questions?"

hinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.pnghinckwellicon.png

QM Note:

All players have 24 hours to confirm their participation by posting in this topic. Any players who do not confirm within that time will be placed under the control of the Party Leader until they return to consistent, active posting in this topic. Also, check your stats as listed above and ensure that they are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question before we begin, what is the ratio of the Lion Lights and the elves?

Edited by VolcanicPanik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question before we begin, what is the ratio of the Lion Lights and the elves?

ava-largus.png

"I am not quite sure, but from what I've been told, there are currently fewer than twenty Lion Knights in Bric'Bay Fort. You can expect at least six to eight waves of Brobric Elves to attack."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"good day, Commodore. I look forward to working with you," Arasmyth greets Largus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Arthur==-

"Ah. Yes, I have a question. Aside from the Brobric Elves, are there any other perils we should know of?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Arthur==-

"Ah. Yes, I have a question. Aside from the Brobric Elves, are there any other perils we should know of?"

ava-largus.png

"Not that I know of."

QM Note:

As said above, please confirm that your stats as listed in the first post are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ava-largus.png

"Not that I know of."

QM Note:

As said above, please confirm that your stats as listed in the first post are correct.

OOC: Arthur's Gold should be 0. Also, Althior should have a Healing Staff (WP: 5, healing effect, usable by clerics and mages) that we're renting from Alf.

Edited by Flipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Arthur's Gold should be 0. Also, Althior should have a Healing Staff (WP: 5, healing effect, usable by clerics and mages) that we're renting from Alf.

QM Note:

Fixed, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Arthur==-

Arthur looks around to see where Althior got to. He intends to pull the Party Leader aside for a moment before they cast off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: My stats are correct.

Arasmyth looks at Largus and asks, "So what can you tell us about the Lion Knights? I've heard very little about them, and what I have heard from the recordbooks of Quest 4 initially stated that they were invaders attempting to gain control of Uland, but that description hardly seems accurate in light of recent events. I believe it's clear the Shadeaux were framing the Lion Knights for there own profit, but the faction remains shrouded in mystery."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If everyone is ready then so am I!"

Isabella looked quite eager for whatever action that may come. It can be seen on her face that she was more excited that she thought she'd be in this quest.

"But I have a little question, is this mission more sneaky or fighting?"

OOC: because of the time zone, the timing of my replies could be a little bit late (or early :P) just so you know Brickdoctor and rest of my party. :) and have fun everyone!

Edited by Dharkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior strolled down to the party, he saw Arasmyth and was happy to see a familiar face around, but that was about it. He looked over to Finnegan, and he was just hovering like his usual self, nothing new there. He walked up to the Commodore. "Good evening! It's evening, right? Are there by any chances that there will be reinforcements coming to aid our struggle? Or is about twenty all we have?"

OOC: Sorry I'm late! Had some extra work I needed to get done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior strolled down to the party, he saw Arasmyth and was happy to see a familiar face around, but that was about it. He looked over to Finnegan, and he was just hovering like his usual self, nothing new there. He walked up to the Commodore. "Good evening! It's evening, right? Are there by any chances that there will be reinforcements coming to aid our struggle? Or is about twenty all we have?"

OOC: Sorry I'm late! Had some extra work I needed to get done!

-==IC: Arthur==-

Arthur walks over to Althior and coughs lightly. "Excuse me, Althior, but may I borrow your other WP:5 weapon? It's the same WP as the Healing Staff I procured for us, and it would help me to be more effective in fights." He stops to consider for a moment. "Actually, if any of us have extra weapons that would help out the weaker party members like me, we should let them borrow them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arasmyth looks at Largus and asks, "So what can you tell us about the Lion Knights? I've heard very little about them, and what I have heard from the recordbooks of Quest 4 initially stated that they were invaders attempting to gain control of Uland, but that description hardly seems accurate in light of recent events. I believe it's clear the Shadeaux were framing the Lion Knights for there own profit, but the faction remains shrouded in mystery."

ava-largus.png

"The Lion Knights are experts in agricultural development. Noting the vulnerability of the farms that supply Eubric with food, the Hinckwells invited the Lion Knights to purchase a plot of land from the house to increase crop yields in the Eubric Plains. The Lions maintain a standing professional army in their own lands and thus could easily guard their farms, but that army was left behind as the opposition from the Brobric Elves was not anticipated."

"But I have a little question, is this mission more sneaky or fighting?"

ava-largus.png

"Fighting."

[/i]"Good evening! It's evening, right? Are there by any chances that there will be reinforcements coming to aid our struggle? Or is about twenty all we have?"

ava-largus.png

"Twenty-ish is all you have. The war hasn't been kind to the small military force the Lion Knights brought with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ava-largus.png

"The Lion Knights are experts in agricultural development. Noting the vulnerability of the farms that supply Eubric with food, the Hinckwells invited the Lion Knights to purchase a plot of land from the house to increase crop yields in the Eubric Plains. The Lions maintain a standing professional army in their own lands and thus could easily guard their farms, but that army was left behind as the opposition from the Brobric Elves was not anticipated."

"If I may ask...why did you not announce your alliance with the Lion Knights and your agricultural plans publicly, when they first arrived? All of Eubric could have benefited from striking deals with the Knights, and it would have made it much more difficult for the Shadeaux to move against you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If I may ask...why did you not announce your alliance with the Lion Knights and your agricultural plans publicly, when they first arrived? All of Eubric could have benefited from striking deals with the Knights, and it would have made it much more difficult for the Shadeaux to move against you."

ava-largus.png

"We may be the good guys here, but that doesn't mean some of us aren't greedy. The higher-ups wanted to keep the deals quiet and improve their chances of holding a monopoly on anything the Lions produced."

QM Note:

This isn't one of those 'question everyone and figure out who the bad guy really is' kind of Quest. That's already been set up and defined in Quest 4. Feel free to question the NPCs, but I promise that in Quest 17, the only bad guys are the elves. The objective is to figure out how to beat the bad guys, not to figure out who the bad guys are. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Arthur==-

Arthur walks over to Althior and coughs lightly. "Excuse me, Althior, but may I borrow your other WP:5 weapon? It's the same WP as the Healing Staff I procured for us, and it would help me to be more effective in fights." He stops to consider for a moment. "Actually, if any of us have extra weapons that would help out the weaker party members like me, we should let them borrow them."

Althior considered it a moment, and responded, "I'm sorry, but for now my answer is no. I've made some groups that if necessary, we would divide up in, and since I have made it so I am not in the one with Alex over there, with his diplomatic ways, I think our separate group, if necessary, needs all the help we can get. Again, but I feel like holding onto Dragoro for a bit. No hard feelings?" He slapped Arthur on the back as he walked to the front of the group, "So does anyone have any other questions? Or are we ready to depart?"

OOC: There! I mentioned it by name! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xander arrived at the designated meeting place to find his other companions already there and in conversation with a middle aged man. Not wanting to interrupt, he began to listen intently; there was nothing at the moment that bothered him, so he found no need to speak.

OOC: My stats look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ava-largus.png

"We may be the good guys here, but that doesn't mean some of us aren't greedy. The higher-ups wanted to keep the deals quiet and improve their chances of holding a monopoly on anything the Lions produced."

QM Note:

This isn't one of those 'question everyone and figure out who the bad guy really is' kind of Quest. That's already been set up and defined in Quest 4. Feel free to question the NPCs, but I promise that in Quest 17, the only bad guys are the elves. The objective is to figure out how to beat the bad guys, not to figure out who the bad guys are. :wink:

OOC: OK, good to know. I think I'll continue his line of thought though, I'm setting up a potential shift in Arthur's attitude for later. :wink:

-==IC: Arthur==-

"Hmm. Well, greed is one explanation..." A thought struck him: If they're greedy and secretive, and they really wanted a monopoly on Eubric's food supply... "It simply strikes me, sir, that if it weren't for the Brobric Elves and their aggression, an armed force of Lion Knights, publicly unaffiliated with the Hinckwells, would be very well suited for a...what euphemism do you business moguls use for it? A 'hostile takeover' of the competition." Arthur has a sudden feeling of moodiness and unease. He wondered what the cause might be. Nonetheless, his piercing gaze toward Largus does not falter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I should have two potions, I start out with one and I bought one. :sweet:

Alexandre the Chevalier joins the group and refreshes on his information on what he heard. He puts his morion on his head and fixes it as it ends up crooked.

"8 waves huh? And we only have twenty men. This could be difficult. I'm ready to go kill some Brobric Elves." Alex says, "Perhaps we should take a tour of some sort of defenses?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: As stated, I should have a Healing Staff, (WP:5) therefore my power should be 24 I believe. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: As stated, I should have a Healing Staff, (WP:5) therefore my power should be 24 I believe. :wink:

QM Note:

Power is Level plus equipped weapon's WP. 14+5=19. (what you would deal in a Hit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.