Review: 6862 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Ooh, looks nice. I'll probably grab 2 or 3 for the green and purple parts :drool: . Some other useful parts, but those are the main ones. I like those figs a lot too, especially superman. Been waiting for a proper superhero theme for years.

A fantastic review Hinck. From the text and the pictures it's very clear that you had a lot of fun with this set, which is really what it's all about :classic:

For me, it's this set, the Funhouse and possibly Catwoman's cycle chase which are the ones I am definitely looking to get from the line. Can't wait until they hit the UK!

Finally!(Is that spelt with 1 or 2 ls? :tongue: ) A Superhero review, and a darned good one at that!

Excellent review, the figures look amazing, but I'm more interested in the goons coming up in the batman sets.

Thanks for the excellent review again.

Beautiful set, fantastic review... this has made my mind up (it already was, but ah well :tongue:)!

Thanks for sharing! :wub_drool:

Oh, and just one point, the 'glass' around the kryptonite would not prevent it from harming Superman. Only lead can do that. :tongue:

So, do you think that this is currently the ensemble darkhorse of the Super Heroes line?

There are Dark Horse sets now?!?

That's not what you meant? Oh. You went and got my hopes up. :P

I don't care about Superman, but at this price point with those two figures, I will definitely be getting this set. The mech does look pretty cool (but I've never dealt with a mech before, so I don't have any previous qualms). Bring on the Super Heroes!

Great review!! I miss the crazy comic part at the end though :laugh:

I hope they do more Superman sets like the Daily Planet with Clark Kent and a phone booth etc.... :grin:

I see they didn't solve the pesky "pink" disease that was running rampant in the Kingdoms line...

(if this has already been brought up, my apologies, I didn't read the comments. :blush:)

Thanks for the review. I've been trying not to want this set, as much as I know I do, and now I'm struggling to keep it at the bottom of my want list :angry: (at the end of the Super Heroes part at least :tongue: ). I still don't like Superman's head (at least not the scowling side) or his hair, :sceptic: but at least I get Wonder Woman :wub:

I see they didn't solve the pesky "pink" disease that was running rampant in the Kingdoms line...

(if this has already been brought up, my apologies, I didn't read the comments. :blush:)

What? Wonder Woman has pink fever? :cry_sad: I must find a cure...or at least complain to Customer Service :devil:

Edited by Superficial Username

There are Dark Horse sets now?!?

That's not what you meant? Oh. You went and got my hopes up. :P

Well, Dark Horse does do Star Wars comics... :grin:

Awesome review, good sir! Without a doubt this will be one of my favorite sets of the year.

Superman's a real kick-butt dude. I've been a fan since watching the Superman Theatrical Cartoons at my Grandma's.

I look forward to reenacting "The Mechanical Monsters." :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by MyHobby

I wasn't sure about it, since I'm mostly a SW guy, but the low price has me convinced. The trans-green color is not new for 2012 though, the green lightsaber in the 2011 Sith Infiltraitor is that shade of green.

Thanks for the outstanding review there! Good job!

Although I'd be more interested in all things Batman, all the other DC characters I merely regard as "runner-ups". Superman and Wonder Woman especially since I can't stand both for the life of me.

This fine little set however gives us both, a good selection of other very useful parts and a Lex Luthor fig that could easily double for almost any other purpose.

Frankly, there's that idea for a global DC-Lego-relaunch/rewrite-story in it's embryonic state somewhere in my head that would need all of the figs here, so I'll probably get this and finally heave up my lazy butt to finally try my hands at some photo comic.

Thanks again and be well all!

Cutty

I do like Superwoman and Lex Luthor more than Wonder Woman. The 'pink plague' is annoying though. It makes me want to scream! :sing:

That is totally awesome. :laugh: It's so great to see more of the classic superheroes in Lego. Thanks for the excellent review, Hinck! :thumbup: :thumbup:

A little bit of a shameless bumping of this thread but I thought since the other two reviews of this set are on the first page it would be good to have another original take and perspective on this great set so that anyone on the fence or just interested in/considereng this set can get a great all round feel for the set as I feel each review offers something that little bit different.

Late to the fray but thanks for this review, I would always have bought this set but it wasn't available in the UK when you reviewed it and it gave me all I needed to know that it would be a great purchase