Sign in to follow this  
phoinix

holiday train

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10173

im not yet sure if i like this set

it has some nice elements and an old lego style feeling to it...

i dont like the colors of it..at all!!

the price seems to be ok but then again there is no track and no motor! *wacko*

would look nice under the Xmas tree thow..

I like it *sweet*

I've got the Playmobil Christmas train set and we've used that under our tree for the past four years. Now that we've outgrown our Playmobil I've been thinking of selling it - but what to replace it with I hadn't decided - this could be perfect and we could run it around our tree on our HP train track.

Thanks for the link

Holly

€94.99?!?!?!? Ahem... *cough*... uh... no...

I wouldn't have bought it because of the colors, anyway, but €94.99?!?!?! That does it...

Whether we get it or not will probably depend on how much I get for the Playmobil version :-P

Holly

I like it *sweet*

I've got the Playmobil Christmas train set and we've used that under our tree for the past four years. Now that we've outgrown our Playmobil I've been thinking of selling it - but what to replace it with I hadn't decided - this could be perfect and we could run it around our tree on our HP train track.

Thanks for the link

Holly

Holly, I've got a lot of Lego trains (purchased the HP train for Christmas), but I would keep your Playmobil Christmas Train. It's a collectible, plus the G-Scale works much better around the tree. It's a great little train. I love the caboose and the black/green engine.

Well, I imagine it will come to North Americal before too long. Purists may dismiss this, but my kids really took a liking to pictures of this train. Unless its some insane price, it is likely going to be the first Lego train set up in our house. I have already bought a motor and track for it...

wow...train is very expensive. in addition to a $100 set, you need to get tracks and motor which can add another $100. then you need a speed regulator and a train wire thingy. all in all, i'm looking at like $250 for the entire thing. :-/ is that true? and i haven't come to houses and cities to decorate the track yet!

wow...train is very expensive. in addition to a $100 set, you need to get tracks and motor which can add another $100. then you need a speed regulator and a train wire thingy. all in all, i'm looking at like $250 for the entire thing. :-/ is that true? and i haven't come to houses and cities to decorate the track yet!

Yep, it will be steep. However, I think we talked about this before. In North Am there is often a "Xmas train" around the Xmas tree. This would be the kind of item that comes out at Xmas each year for a few years, not just one of those sets that gets built and then thrown into the parts bin, so the cost would be spread over several years.

The fact that it can be modified each year is a great plus over the standard ones you buy in a toy store or supermarket.

Not that I have any special predicting powers, but I would predict that unless this item is horribly priced, it will be the best selling (In North America) train TLC has ever released, except maybe the Metroliner - which has had a decade's head start and two releases.

Too bad it's not available in the us market. My little boy is crazy over trains.

It will be available in the U.S., according to the folks at shop@home. They just don't have a sell date yet.

Keep the faith.

great. do you know if the special edition will be available from the lego stores? the k10173 with the 9v motor, speed regulator and train tracks?

i'm not too fuss about it. it'll be nice to get all in the package. else i can always get the santa fe and the custom coaches. come up to roughly the same price by my estimate. :-P

Overall, I like it. It's not quite what I expected, but I've been hoping for a Holiday train for a long time. I always thought Lego should offer just a steam engine with maybe a coal car, and release a different holiday car each year as a collectors piece (limited in number - like the original SF engine).

the complete holiday train collection is now availiable at S@H

and it looks VERY ecxpensive i might add..about 200 euro..its cheaper in france thow.. ;-)

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10173

(god when is greece going to be included at S@H..? i wrote them an email and they said they dont plan to do it any time soon :-/ )

the complete holiday train collection is now availiable at S@H

and it looks VERY ecxpensive i might add..about 200 euro..its cheaper in france thow.. ;-)

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10173

(god when is greece going to be included at S@H..? i wrote them an email and they said they dont plan to do it any time soon :-/ )

I went to crete for my vacation and while there where many toystores. Playmobil seems to be much bigger overther then lego! Lot's of fake brands though

I went to crete for my vacation and while there where many toystores. Playmobil seems to be much bigger overther then lego! Lot's of fake brands though

yeap playmobil is HUGE over here! it has been the number one selling brand for over a decate! Lego is doing well but not THAT well..thow i think its picking up the last couple of years

Great news in the U.S.!!!!

The Holiday Train is now avaiable from shop@home for $89.99, or $174.99 with motor, speed controller, and track!

Finally!!!!!!!!!! :'-)

$90 US is a reasonably good deal considering that the set has almost a thousand pieces.

Personally I'm glad that they offer this set without the track/motor/regulator as to keep the cost down for those of us who have existing track/motor/regulator.