commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

I have to doubt that. If Lego really had the license, we'd have seen something by now. It's never a good idea to hold onto a license and not have soemthing coming out or in the works. Lego paid for that license, so they always need to be recovering that loss - they can't afford lapses.

I really think that Lego planned it all out this way. With HP ending, it gives them time focus on LOTR/Hobbit, which is a very similiar genre. In a way this means they won't be competing with themselves.

Please, even if it's the truth, please don't talk about how HP was given up for LotR, I just can't stand it. :sick:

Please, even if it's the truth, please don't talk about how HP was given up for LotR, I just can't stand it. :sick:

I hope not,I never was a fan of LotR,I didn't like the characters and setting like Harry Potter.I feel that Lego just can't do enough with LotR the same they did with Harry Potter. :hmpf_bad:

Well this theme is over with no doubt, unless a new HP saga begins (and with the children) which sounds impossible, as Daniel would be needed in the film anyway, and I read a few days ago that he was trying to do everything possible to dump his Harry Potter image :cry_sad:

Edited by Otherworld

I can't understand the hate for LOTR here. Harry Potter was my favourite theme and I don't think it was shut-down because of LOTR.

Harry Potter theme was shut-down because there won't be any new reference material and the old ones have already been produced or TLG believes they are not worth producing.

I'm not at all suggesting that HP was dropped for LOTR, merely that when the license for HP expired that LOTR picked up where it left off in that similiar genre. It was a entirely "timing" based issue. If HP had another movie or two left in it, then I'm sure Lego would have ran both HP and LOTR. As it is, one license ended and another began.

I hope not,I never was a fan of LotR,I didn't like the characters and setting like Harry Potter.I feel that Lego just can't do enough with LotR the same they did with Harry Potter. :hmpf_bad:

That's a point of view that is already biased - you don't like LOTR in the first place and because of that you think Lego can't do enough with it? The LOTR movies came out ten years ago and people still buy collectibles from it. Sure, you can say it has all been done, but tell that to Sideshow, WETA, etc who are still putting out LOTR products.

The best thing about the HP theme was the Hogwarts Express. If Lego ever decide to pick it up again, I hope they put an improved version of the train on their list of sets!

More of a sales report really, but I found the Knigth Bus at Walmart for $15 today. It had just been marked down on July 1st according to the sticker.

I found the new DK Harry Potter character encyclopedia book at Target last week and bought it. It comes with a new Harry minifigure wearing the black suit with red shirt from the Slug Club Christmas party. The page in the book about that minifigure says that it is the last of the 24 Harry Potter minifigs to be released, which leads me to believe that the theme is officially over.

My local Target has gotten rid of all their HP sets already. If you want to grab some on clearance (Star Wars and POTC ones too), I suggest you act fast so you don't end up like me. :cry_sad:

What are the clearance prices for all the HP sets.

. :classic: Edited by just2good

Hm...maybe I can pick up the mini Hogwarts Express at a Target or somewhere for the five bucks without having to pay so much. I mean, it's a polybag. They're not that rare.

Edited by JackJonespaw

Hm...maybe I can pick up the mini Hogwarts Express at a Target or somewhere for the five bucks without having to pay so much. I mean, it's a polybag. They're not that rare.

The Hogwarts Express polybag was offered last year as a promo/bonus with the purchase of Diagon Alley - meaning it was never in retail stores like Target. It's doubtful that we'll see it there either, this more just overstock that lego is trying to move.

Its shame that the theme ended,anyone notice the reuse of special parts(Hogwars alchoves,Harry's letter) in LOTR and Monster Fighters?Oh well,at least we got ALMOST every character...not like they mised two houses or anything...

anyone notice the reuse of special parts(Hogwars alchoves,Harry's letter) in LOTR and Monster Fighters?

Weren't those originally from Belville? And so what? Parts get reused all the time. :shrug_confused:

Went to my local Target to get the castle (they had it marked down to $90.98) and there was no sign of ANY Harry Potter sets. They had several HP sets only a few days ago, so I'm not entirely sure what happened. Oh well, looks like I missed out on that one. :cry_sad: