commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

I think we can start this Thread now as we know four sets coming out next year at this stage :thumbup:

10217 Diagon Alley.

Release Date: January 1 2011

Figures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Hagrid, Fred Weasley and George Weasley, two Gringotts Goblins, Mr. Ollivander, Lucius Malfoy (with Death Eater disguise), Fenrir Greyback and four new, decorated owls.

Price: US $ 149.99 / €149.99 / £132.75 / CAD $199.99

Ages: 14+

Pieces: 2025

10217_Diagon_Alley.jpg

4865 The Fobidden Forest

Release Date:June 2011

Figures: 4 (Voldemort, Harry Potter, Hagrid and Narcissa Malfoy)

Price: US $11.99

Ages: 6-12

Pieces: Unknown as of now

normal_4865_prod.JPG

4866 The Knight Bus (Misspelt as the Night Bus in the Retail Catalouge)

Release Date: June 2011

Figures: 4 (Ernie Prang, Stan Shunpike, Harry Potter and Shrunken Head)

Price: US $34.99

Ages: 6-12

normal_4866_prod.JPG

4867 Battle For Hogwarts

Release Date: June 2011

Figures: Harry Potter, Remus Lupin, Gregory Goyle, Dementor, Lucius Malfoy, Neville Longbottom and Proffessor Sprout.

Price: US $49.99

Ages: 7-14

normal_4867_prod.JPG

Lego Harry Potter visual dictionary.

Exclusive figure: Dress Robes Harry.

519M1k-f%2BRL._SL500_.jpg

Edited by commanderneyo

Goodness, what a 24hour period eh ?

A new sci-fi theme, redone MF, more Nijnago, snnek peaks at POTC.....now three sets from the last film - I can't wait for the images to start appearing !

But again, we'll end up with a clone army of Harry's ! :laugh:

Keep on casting Christmas spirits ! :sweet:

4867 Battle For Hogwarts

Release Date: August 2011

Figures: Uknown as of now

Price: Unknown as of now

Ages: 7+

This set sounds very good! It should be able to attatch to Hogwarts Castle!

Brilliant news I have to say! It's nice we've got Diagon Alley, but its good the Potter line isn't ending here!

Once again, you can colour me hyped!

I'm sure Battle for Hogwarts will be a nice way to get most, if not all the core characters. I just hope that doesn't subtract from the building part of the lego set :look:

I'm interested in the Knight Bus, but I'm afraid it will be a lower piece count and higher price than the old one :cry_sad:

Imagine if the Battle of Hogwarts set turns out to be the Death Star of the Harry Potter theme... it will be a monster!!! I can already check off the number of figs that will make this set significant: all the Weasleys minus Charlie; The 4 head of houses plus Headmaster Snape; The entire Order; Most of the main Death Eaters (Carrows, Dolohov, Bellatrix, Malfoy Family, Rowle, Yaxley, etc.); so many students! Lavender Brown, Dean Thomas, Patil Twins, NEW NEVILLE!! And all the creatures: GIANTS! Acromantulas! Nagini!

TLG will need to include almost 30 figs in order to make this set anything like a "battle". I'm imagining something very, very costly; like in the $399.99 range...

Imagine if the Battle of Hogwarts set turns out to be the Death Star of the Harry Potter theme... it will be a monster!!!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that sounds very unlikely to me as the set is mentioned in a retailer catalog and a Death Star-like set (or anything bigger than the current Hogwarts castle) would certainly be a s@h exclusive. And the box sizes are noted below the "pictures" and according to those, the set will be about as big as Hagrigd's Hut. It still might be possible that we're getting something bigger, but I wouldn't get my hopes up at this point :wink:

I agree, there's no way TLG are going to include all the minifigs that people are anticipating in "Battle for Hogwarts". I'm guessing it will be similar to the SW sets "Battle of Naboo" (10 figs, mostly battle droids) or "Battle of Geonosis" (4 figs?). It won't be the entire battle, just one scene from it. A couple of Death Eaters, a couple of heroes. And another Harry, because we really need more of those.

Imagine if the Battle of Hogwarts set turns out to be the Death Star of the Harry Potter theme... it will be a monster!!!

I can see the Figures panning out like this

Forbidden Forest: Harry. Ron Hermione Hagrid and Grawp(Possibly)

Knight Bus: Same as last Version except Ernie Prang will be in Harry. Stan Shunpike and Ernie Prang

Battle Of Hogwarts: Will have a lot of figures but maybe only about 7 or 8. Harry. Voldemort. Bellatrix. Hermione. Ron. Ginny. Neville and maybe Nagini if Nagini would count as a figure :wink:

I was wondering why there isn't a ministry of magic yet.

Edited by clouette

I'm really excited that we are getting more Harry Potter sets. :classic:

I'm guessing these price ranges for the sets-

Forbidden Forrest- $10-20

Knight Bus- $30-50

Battle for Hogwarts- $80+

I'm most excited for the Battle for Hogwarts. I can see it featuring another part of the castle, possibly the courtyard, and of course a ton of figures- I would need at least 15 to be a respectable "battle." I'm guessing any or all of these for figures

-Harry

-Voldie

-Neville

-Bellatrix

-Luna (hopefully in school uniform...)

-Lupin

-Tonks

-Snape

-Draco

-McGonagall

-Trelawney

-Slughorn

-Bill Weasley

-Fleur

-Assorted Death Eaters- (Yaxley, Carrows, etc.)

Even though we will undoubtedly get Harry, I'm hoping they will leave out Ron and Hermione in the Hogwarts set so there is room for other figures.

I'm really excited!

-Derek

I can see the Figures panning out like this

Forbidden Forest: Harry. Ron Hermione Hagrid and Grawp(Possibly)

Knight Bus: Same as last Version except Ernie Prang will be in Harry. Stan Shunpike and Ernie Prang

Battle Of Hogwarts: Will have a lot of figures but maybe only about 7 or 8. Harry. Voldemort. Bellatrix. Hermione. Ron. Ginny. Neville and maybe Nagini if Nagini would count as a figure :wink:

I think that's pretty unlikely...

Here's my minifig ideas for the other future HP sets.

Battle of Hogwarts:

- Harry Potter

- Minerva McGonagall

- Kingsley Shacklebolt

- Kreacher

- Severus Snape

- Fred Weasley

- Remus Lupin (Redesigned)

- Nymphadora Tonks

- Colin Creevey

- Lord Voldemort

- Bellatrix Lestrange

- Nagini

- Vincent Crabbe (Redesigned and flesh-skinned)

Forbidden Forest:

- Harry Potter

- Hermione Granger

- Ron Weasley

-

Knight Bus

- Harry Potter

- Ernie Prang

- Stan Shunpike

The first Knight Bus makes up my entire purple Lego collection, so if another one includes more, count me in!

I wonder what the Battle of Hogwarts will look like. We already got a full-size Hogwarts castle (four times). Some people are saying a very large set, but I'm thinking smaller, like a large version of the little cut-away corridor scenes that the first HP line had.

If you look at the age ranges, it seems like these won't be too big of sets.

The age range for this year's Hogwarts Castle is 8-14 according to S@H, and Diagon Alley says 14+, so if the Battle of Hogwarts says its 7+ it can't be like a 'Death Star' set with a boatload of figs.

Sorry to poop [hehe] on anyone's parade.

Im actually excited for the forbidden forest, centaurs anyone? :classic:

I'm not sure if it's very probable, but I'm certainly hoping so! As there's also the Knight Bus, which IIRC doesn't appear in the last book (and thus, movies), the Forbidden Forest set could also be based on any of the books. And I think it's somewhat unlikely, actually, that they would base the set on the Deathly Hallows - the Forbidden Forest scene of the Deathly Hallows is after all a bit dark scene and would only include Harry, Voldemort, death eaters and trees. Some scene from the earlier books seems likelier. And centaurs would certainly be cool.

I'm not sure if it's very probable, but I'm certainly hoping so! As there's also the Knight Bus, which IIRC doesn't appear in the last book (and thus, movies), the Forbidden Forest set could also be based on any of the books. And I think it's somewhat unlikely, actually, that they would base the set on the Deathly Hallows - the Forbidden Forest scene of the Deathly Hallows is after all a bit dark scene and would only include Harry, Voldemort, death eaters and trees. Some scene from the earlier books seems likelier. And centaurs would certainly be cool.

Centaurs are definitely cool; but I also hope to see unicorns, as it was quite a prominent feature of Harry's first journey into the Forbidden Forest.

I think the lego "forbiden forest" will be for HP 7 part 2, when harry go find the dark lord...

Forbiden forest :

.Harry

.My lord You Know Who

.Narcissa

.James Potter gost

.Lily Potter gost

For the Hogwart Battle :

.Harry

.You-Know-Who

.Bellatrix

.Ginny

.Molly

.Death Eater

.Ron

.Hermione

.Death Eater

.Luna

.Neville

And, in this set, I think there will a destroid tour...

Edited by MrLestrange

Thanks so much for this information! These sets sound fanastic. I can't wait to see some pics! Also, could someone tell me how I could get my hands on a 2011 catalogue?