Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

MOC: Tower of Circardia

I posted this WIP a couple weeks ago in the Avalonia thread. I made a few changes based on suggestions and was waiting on a Bricklink order for a few other mods but sadly it hasnt shipped yet but I am pretty happy with it over all. Here is the back story of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard. Sorry about the length of the post and being pic heavy but I hope you have a look and tell me what you think.

Long ago Lord Arlindus father, Orthus, fled his homeland decades ago after trouble with the law. Orthus, a great woodsman and skill warrior, and his group of companions, settled in eastern part of the Enchanted Forest. The group quickly banded together for protection against outlaw bands and ill creatures of the Forest. Overtime the group grew, began families and other wayward souls settled in the area. Before long, a village of sprang up along the banks of the mighty Isca River. Circardia became the center of trade between many of the Elven clans, Humans and other races in the eastern part of the Enchanted Forest, as well as a safe haven for travelers and starting point for many looking for adventures in the ancient Forest.

Orthus believed in a fresh start for those looking for one. With this in mind,the Phoenix Guard was born. When one joins the Phoenix Guard, their past is forgot and they assume a new name. Many of the sons and daughters of the initial settlers are now members of the Guard as well. After finishing the initial training, and individual wishing to graduate the Phoenix Guard must survive an arduous initiation and loyalty test including surviving 30 days in the wilds of the Enchanted Forest with only the clothes on their back and a dagger. Once complete, loyalty to the Guard and Circardia is unwavering.

The Phoenix Guard learned many skills from the Elven clans over the years and is known for its wood-lore, tracking, as well as archery and swordsmanship. Arlindus' father retired and passed command of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard to his son years ago. Orthus now acts as a ambassador between Circardia and elven clans as Arlindus protects the lands around Circardia.

Here, Lord Arlindus, the current Captain for Circardia and the Phoenix Guard passes the Tower of Circardia. The Tower of Circardia is in the center of the town an overseas the area to ensure the safety of its inhabitants. It sits at the end of the great trade route to the west and the rest of Avalonia and along the north/south road that connects that lead to other parts of the Enchanted Forest.

tower1-M.jpg

tower2-M.jpg

A member of the Phoenix Guard dressed in full uniform watches the door to the tower.

tower5-M.jpg

tower3-M.jpg

Phoenix Guardsmen can survey the village of Circardia from high in the tower.

tower4-M.jpg

Now on to my Albion capital build! (The Armorer!)

Edited by MikeyB

Fantastic, my fellow Avalonia defender and it's that stone work at the very top which sets it apart from the others. :classic:

Brick On 'MikeyB'. :classic:

Avalonia Forever !

It´s lovely! Really like the rocks and the path up to the tower. The shape of the tower is very intresting and nice! Great job! :classic:

thanks guys, ideally I would have used bricks instead of the angle corner pieces but I really wanted some height to the tower (to see over the canopy of trees that surround most of Circardia) I also need some dark green flags so until then the sand green will have to do.

I have a lot of idea for Circardia and have even created a little map of the village. my list is definitely longer than my parts available! I found this website that has some good ideas for medieval jobs if they need some inspiration

One thing I have enjoyed seeing with these guild mocs is the interesting little stories that members have been adding. They really add an extra part to a moc and you are one particular builder who always has a nice back story with some great names. The tower is a great design and its great you have added some character into the design rather than build a simple square tower. A nice combination of stone and wood, plus the landscaped setting really sets it off. Great work again Sir!

Great work! Love the shaping at the top of the tower, and the landscaping around the base is really well done. :classic: A beauty!

Like I said when you posted this as a WIP, I get a very strong Lord of the Rings vibe from this tower.

I think you did a GREAT job of making improvements on it since the WIP stages. Really nice build. You took the suggestions and though I can still tell it is the same tower, this one just strikes me as so much more developed.

I look forward to seeing your Albion build, you are quickly becoming a force within Avalonia!

I really like this build. The landscaping around the tower is beautiful, the railings leading up to the entrance are great too. I also like the windows on the tower, and the prongs on the top. Very nice contribution to Avalonia.