CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

Nevermind. Kraang IS back. I hope Beebop and Rocksteady are too.

Kraang already has an action figure.

Ok guys, calm down. Here is the sneak peak of the TMNT Series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgC0AEDVaM8

I really hope we will get the shells that you put on like backpack.

Well at least the character designs look fairly unchanged... but dear gods where in the sewers did they dredge up the bad CGI animation? It looks like it was done by a local marketing firm making commercials for used car dealerships circa 1998?

Well at least the character designs look fairly unchanged... but dear gods where in the sewers did they dredge up the bad CGI animation? It looks like it was done by a local marketing firm making commercials for used car dealerships circa 1998?

I was a bit put off by that as well. Of course, I grew up with traditional animation, so maybe I'm stalling at the thought of watching the equivalent of a 30-minute Gieco commercial. (I never did care for that Gecko. :hmpf_bad: )

Ok guys, calm down. Here is the sneak peak of the TMNT Series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgC0AEDVaM8

I really hope we will get the shells that you put on like backpack.

I bet we get backpack shells separate from the heads because it sounds like it would also be a useful piece for the rumored Chima series.

And that series sounds like it will be great fodder for mutant minifigure pieces to go alongside the Ninja Turtles.

Oh wait, "Kraang" isn't back :(. Kraang is the race. I want THE Kraang!

Well the kraangs in the new toon are based on the alien utroms from the old comic which in turn were the basis for krang of the 80s cartoon. So it is still"krang" in a sense.

IIRC, TMNT is SBSP's replacement, am I right?

-Sci

Probably, but this would be a very stupid move on TLG's part. All they have to do is release 2 SBSP sets a year, and they can make a fair amount of money. Additionally, the second movie is coming in the beginning of 2014, in which they could make around 4 sets for.

I don't put much stock in 'replacements,' especially when it comes to Licenses. One License isn't cancelled specifically because another is obtained.

Spongebob doesn't even have full waves by any means. It's a couple sets now and again. It could take off a year, and come back again. LEGO clearly has a deal with Nickelodean, so they can go right back to more Spongebob sets the year after. Spongebob has the power to last. They could even release a couple of TMNT sets every once in a while AND a couple of Spongebob sets every once in a while. The license is one and the same: Nickelodean.

I don't put much stock in 'replacements,' especially when it comes to Licenses. One License isn't cancelled specifically because another is obtained.

Spongebob doesn't even have full waves by any means. It's a couple sets now and again. It could take off a year, and come back again. LEGO clearly has a deal with Nickelodean, so they can go right back to more Spongebob sets the year after. Spongebob has the power to last. They could even release a couple of TMNT sets every once in a while AND a couple of Spongebob sets every once in a while. The license is one and the same: Nickelodean.

I think it makes sense. NinjaGo might even be back after TMNT is done. You can't really have two NINJA themes going on at the same time... that's weird and they'd compete with each other to a certain degree. And this is business, Lego might see potentially more $$$ out of TMNT so they might be willing to take the risk. We don't know the details. If Ninjago was REALLY that profitable they wouldn't let it go, but they are. That says something.

I guess it's possible they were forced to for some reason, like TMNT was contracted before Ninjago got somewhat popular. But we don't know the details. They're ditching Ninjago. That much is certain. TMNT seems to be true too.

I think it makes sense. NinjaGo might even be back after TMNT is done. You can't really have two NINJA themes going on at the same time... that's weird and they'd compete with each other to a certain degree. And this is business, Lego might see potentially more $$$ out of TMNT so they might be willing to take the risk. We don't know the details. If Ninjago was REALLY that profitable they wouldn't let it go, but they are. That says something.

I guess it's possible they were forced to for some reason, like TMNT was contracted before Ninjago got somewhat popular. But we don't know the details. They're ditching Ninjago. That much is certain. TMNT seems to be true too.

From what we've heard it seems that they'll be running simultaneously.

And Ninjago isn't being replaced by TMNT, its being replaced Lengends of Chima!

Didn't that lego book which revealed the first legend of chima also revealed a new ninjago kai figure?

Didn't that lego book which revealed the first legend of chima also revealed a new ninjago kai figure?

Yes, but that will be the last wave of Ninjago, at least according to rumors.

So yeah, if TMNT is replacing anything, it will be Spongebob Squarepants, but that might just be temporary, so unless TMNT proves to make more profitable than SS (which I doubt), there should be nothing standing in the way for new SS sets when the new movie comes out.

Well, according to German website Werst, Ninjago is not leaving. On Brickset, they have a set list with prices of 2013 wave.

Well, according to German website Werst, Ninjago is not leaving. On Brickset, they have a set list with prices of 2013 wave.

There's going six more Ninjago sets in January, then it's going to be discontinued and replaced by Chima.

There's going six more Ninjago sets in January, then it's going to be discontinued and replaced by Chima.

Basically what 'Neville longbottem' said. It really seems like it's the last Ninjago wave, considering 6 sets and no spinners/booster packs. :wink: