CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

With Lego as it is nowadays and with licensors involved I don't see any chance that they would use normal minifig heads for the Turtles. If they want to be cheap they print the shells in the back of the torso (would also make it easier to apply sword-holder etc.), but specifically molded heads are given.

Oh , I do hope the news is true, I love TMNT . I would like to see their van as a set, the lair , maybe the newsvan with April?

Oh , I do hope the news is true, I love TMNT . I would like to see their van as a set, the lair , maybe the newsvan with April?

That would be awesome, a news van with April. :wub:

If the rumours that are circulating right now - that TMNT will be a one-wave theme - are true, then that'll be perfect for me. :classic: Enough to get all the TMNT characters I could need, but short enough that I won't spend too much money. :laugh:

I hope your right PP! I haven't heard the one wave rumor but I hope it is true! I kind of think it will be at least 2 or 3 simply because it will likely have a TON of new molds, but I am hoping for just a one and done.

I kind of think it will be at least 2 or 3 simply because it will likely have a TON of new molds, but I am hoping for just a one and done.

Yea, it most likely will get two waves, but who knows. It might be a huge bomb in sales, and end with only one wave, like Ben 10. But that is highly unlikely...

Wouldn't it be cool to have a Lego version of this.....

:innocent2:

That would be great because it would have some great parts AND be a cheap set! :wub:

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

Which sources, could you post them?

Smashing Bricks, Hoth Bricks and someone in comments on Brickset.

I had the megabloks sewer set when i was younger and it was awesome.My friends destroyed the figures though.The best way for lego to do them would be sculpted heads and sculpted shells.

Smashing Bricks, Hoth Bricks and someone in comments on Brickset.

Will stay skeptic then.

Edited by vexorian

If the TMNT figures weren't minifigure based and instead some of that other bullcrap it would be ruined for me. I can take a sculpted head/shell combo. Not a whole different figure style that doesn't match.

LT, the turtle van would be awesome! Best thing about it(as far as TLG is concerned), they could put flick fires on it! :sadnew::laugh:

I really doubt were going to see a brand new figure style for them. I'm hoping for something like the Gamorrean Guard fig, where the head and shell fit over the torso. I don't know how they'd handle the weapons holders though..probably won't have them. If they were to do them properly, Raph and Mikey would have front holders...only time will tell.

Will stay skeptic then.

No reasonable reason to stay skeptical... all informations were provided by people who have seen the 2013 lineup. TMNT will happen, no matter what. It's not a rumor anymore.

Did the van ever actually appear in the media? or was it limited to the Playmates toy line? Who actually created or has rights to that classic Green and Yellow turtle van design?

Did the van ever actually appear in the media? or was it limited to the Playmates toy line? Who actually created or has rights to that classic Green and Yellow turtle van design?

The van appeared in the 89 cartoon in almost every ep and then versions of it in every show after wards and in the Archie comics.The designs are most likely playmates but since the turtle van is so ingrained in turtle lore like the batmobile for batman I don't see a problem with them having a set with it.

I'm sure ninja turtles would mean pizza resurgence :sweet:

Well, they do love their pizza. :laugh: I would really think the van would be cool. I bet they'll throw in some pizzas just for some laughs and easter eggs too.

Edit: 1111 post!

Edited by The Blue Brick

Will stay skeptic then.

I'm not, though I did made a promise to a friend.....for there is an old saying 'loose lips sink ships' ! :wink:

As a big fan of Lego's licensed line, it gives me great delight to hear of my third favorite childhood toy (after Lego and G.I. Joe) being made into Lego form at last. I remember fondly recreating the Turtle's sewer lair out of Lego, and "customizing" my own hero's on the half-shell out of City minifigures and spaceship helmets. So, since it sounds like the TMNT line is more than likely a done deal I will happily begin the speculating.

Mini-figures:

We know that we will get all four turtles, obviously. Not to mention, Splinter, April, Shredder, Krang, and Foot Soldiers. If the rumors are to be believed we will also get Bebop and Rocksteady. I guess the only question is, will the Nickelodeon version bring in all the extra mutant characters which made the original show so fun? Panda Kahn anyone?

Sets:

Well, we have to have the sewer lair, and my guess is that will be the flagship set of the line. There is already a toy out which is the new version of the Turtle's van called the "Shellraiser" so you know that will be a set as well. I remember reading on another forum something about Bebop's Revenge (or maybe it was Rocksteady, can't remember) but that has to be some large villain based set. The Technodome perhaps? Anyway, it sounds like there will be six sets all together, so maybe a motorcycle thrown in there as well as a battlepack or two?

Anyway those are just my guesses but I feel pretty confident that most of them will be rather accurate. Any other ideas out there?

Mini-figures:

We know that we will get all four turtles, obviously. Not to mention, Splinter, April, Shredder, Krang, and Foot Soldiers. If the rumors are to be believed we will also get Bebop and Rocksteady. I guess the only question is, will the Nickelodeon version bring in all the extra mutant characters which made the original show so fun? Panda Kahn anyone?

I don't think the characters that are exclusive to the original toon have an amazing chance. Those being Krang, Beebop, Rocksteady. Especially if the original TMNT creators have anything to do with it. They hated those characters (really, TMNT grew beyond them) which is why they haven't been in anything since.

It matters what's in the new CGI toon.

I'm sure ninja turtles would mean pizza resurgence :sweet:

I'd like to see a new pizza design, the curent one looks quite outdated.

I like the current pizza design! It is classic and effective in my opinon :sweet: Besides it was just last used in TS so I am not expecting a new design what so ever.

I like the current pizza design! It is classic and effective in my opinon :sweet: Besides it was just last used in TS so I am not expecting a new design what so ever.

I don't think they'll remake the pizza piece, but rater make a printed tile for a pizza box. :drool:

I don't think they'll remake the pizza piece, but rater make a printed tile for a pizza box. :drool:

That would be amazing, a printed pizza box. :wub: I could see many uses for such a simple piece that should have been made forever ago.