CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

BTTF is the only CUUSOO set aside from Portal that I would actually consider buying, so I'm excited to see how this turns out. Where was it announced that they will announce the results?

Good question, but I think that's the point of CUUSOO, to give us the chance of getting sets that would usually be deemed unfeasible by TLG. It has reached 10.000 supporters, so that proves that there are enough people interested in purchasing such a set for TLG to consider producing it.

What's BBTF? You can't possibly be talking about BTTF since that anniversary is still three years away. Besides, the fact that something is three decades old would usually be a very good reason for TLG not to make sets based on it (if it weren't for the reason stated above).

Stupid phone auto correct, I hate it. Lego even said on the Cuusoo site that they could make it to celebrate its anniversary, they just have get the license for it. Plus it has a massive fan base of many adult and teens who grew up and love BTTF. Just my two cents.

I just got back from a vacation At DisneyWorld, and while there it dawned on me what we may see as a new license. And if they do it, it might be a back door into some of the odd ball licenses we have been begging for forever.

Disney has been pretty heavily beating visitors to their parks about the head and shoulders with info on their next big animated movie. The non Pixar, cgi video game fest Wreck It Ralph. From TLG's standpoint they have a base product around the main characters plus a lot of vehicles in the "Sugar Rush" cart racing game that is one of the center pieces. And it gives them a back door for some inclusion of classic video game characters.

I'm sure the deal that the makers of Wreck It Ralph made with the cameo video game characters do not include the right to merchandise said characters out. That's not usually how these things work.

But even a line based on the original characters in Wreck It Ralph would pair great with the existing Mario Kart and Halo competitor sets or the Lego Minecraft stuff.

I don't see wreck it Ralp being a lego lisence. Seems too much like any random cgi movie...

I don't see wreck it Ralp being a lego lisence. Seems too much like any random cgi movie...

I kind of agree...I definitely don't want a Wreck It Ralph line though. I love licensed themes (more-so than in-house themes) but I don't want TOO many lines with weirdly shaped or weirdly printed figs as a result of the CGI, like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Clone Wars.

Then again, Prince of Persia looks very much like any random action movie, and they ended up making a line of it (possibly with some pushing from Disney, or maybe they just miscalculated badly). So something similar could happen here. But Wreck-It Ralph is coming already in November and TLC has a pretty full oeuvre for the start of 2013 with many new lines (at least TMNT and Chima, probably Galaxy Squad and to lesser extent The Hobbit too), so I don't think there room for Ralph (and we should have heard of it already). Conclusion: could have happened but won't. Imo.

Not really a new licensed theme, but... I found a photo on Flickr of a so-called Hogwarts 2013 preliminary set posted in the 'LEGO Shopping Worldwide' pool. I dare not to link preliminaries, so I will not post it here (even though the preliminary seal isn't evident on the image). It looks pretty fake, but one can be hopeful. It was listed as set number 79114, which seems plausible.

EDIT: Just saw it. Definitely fake. It looks like someone edited out parts of the set. Also, it has the exact same buildings as the old one.

I also noticed the guy is posting new Spongebob prelims next, :wacko:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Not really a new licensed theme, but... I found a photo on Flickr of a so-called Hogwarts 2013 preliminary set posted in the 'LEGO Shopping Worldwide' pool. I dare not to link preliminaries, so I will not post it here (even though the preliminary seal isn't evident on the image). It looks pretty fake, but one can be hopeful. It was listed as set number 79114, which seems plausible.

Where are you seeing these? I can't seem to find them!

Where are you seeing these? I can't seem to find them!

Check just2goods signature and click his Facebook fan page link and then it hold be there on the page

What do I have to type in flickr browser?

Edit: I see it now, it's definitely fake.

Edited by Krulis

It's a darn shame that it seems to be a fake... I'm not giving all hope up, though.

And for those wondering:

8211666368_8723c8f734.jpg

Even if it isn't a fake, I do not see a water mark. Unless that pencil marking is one. :grin:

Edited by just2good

It's a darn shame that it seems to be a fake... I'm not giving all hope up, though.

And for those wondering:

8211666368_8723c8f734.jpg

Even if it isn't a fake, I do not see a water mark. Unless that pencil marking is one. :grin:

Uhm, I'm no Harry Potter LEGO expert, but that looks exactly like the last Hogwarts set they released.

Uhm, I'm no Harry Potter LEGO expert, but that looks exactly like the last Hogwarts set they released.

It does. I downloaded the photo before it got removed, and I'm gonna do a side by side comparison and debunk this.

On that preliminary picture of the so called new hogwarts, is that a piece of white paper covering up part of the castle and is that just a corner of the 2013 retailers lego catalogue we can see?

On that preliminary picture of the so called new hogwarts, is that a piece of white paper covering up part of the castle and is that just a corner of the 2013 retailers lego catalogue we can see?

Maybe...

I debunked some of the picture. Some of it is original though, so I'll say there's a 75% chance this is fake.

Picture is big, so spoilers.

8211424229_ed3d24d97a_b.jpg

Yeah, that's fake. Just some guy's MOC, Trying to get a few seconds of internet fame.

Thanks for sharing though.

Yea, you're right. I really hope we do get a Hogwarts next year, though it's doubtful. I don't want to break the three year Hogwarts rule. :sad:

Someone needs to Cuusoo a Hogwarts Castle ASAP!

That mini figure in the far right that has ??? attached to it looks to be one of the Weasley Twins from 10217, which would explain casual Ron/Harry as well. He did an interesting Photoshop of the Castle though. Cuttng off the top part of the little middle tower on the Great Hall...

Apparently, Disney are set to release Toy Story 4 in 2015 which could mean more sets. Does anybody have info on the licence or does it count as part of the Disney licence so LEGO are free to release as sets if they want?

Hope this thread belongs here

-TT

They'd need the specific license (or at least the okay from Disney) and nothing has been announced.

Edited by MadMan

Hope this thread belongs here

I've merged it with the Rumor Mill.

I believe the license with Disney is not a blanket one, though they do seem to have a good working relationship with TLG. Disney would have to tell TLG that they want to have sets made.

It would be a fairly cheap theme since most of the molds would already be available. It would just be whatever new characters they'd want to include.

Kind of sad, though, that Disney wants to revisit the franchise. The third movie was as good a send-off as I can imagine.

Pixar's 'Planes' would probably be a good addition to the Cars range seeing as it's set in the same 'reality'. Admittedly it would be a fairly short run thing as planes just aren't as enticing as cars but I can't see why Disney Pixar wouldn't want Lego 'Planes' helping to promote the movie. Which judging from the trailer is going to tank. Toy Story 4 will also not do well as they're dredging the barrel with that one. But as we all know, toys help sell a movie.

Apparently, Disney are set to release Toy Story 4 in 2015 which could mean more sets. Does anybody have info on the licence or does it count as part of the Disney licence so LEGO are free to release as sets if they want?

Has there been any real confirmation of this? Last time I checked it was just a rumor based on a statement from the voice actors saying that they might do another sequel. Just because it's listed on IMDB doesn't mean it's happening, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I want it to. As you may know, I love Toy Story, and I would love to have more sets based on it, but like Cornelius said, the third movie was made to wrap up the story and it did that beautifully, so a fourth movie would feel forced.

Anyway, if it does happen, it would obviously be under the Disney license like the first time, but they still need Disney's permission to make sets based on any of their properties.

Pixar's 'Planes' would probably be a good addition to the Cars range seeing as it's set in the same 'reality'. Admittedly it would be a fairly short run thing as planes just aren't as enticing as cars but I can't see why Disney Pixar wouldn't want Lego 'Planes' helping to promote the movie. Which judging from the trailer is going to tank. Toy Story 4 will also not do well as they're dredging the barrel with that one. But as we all know, toys help sell a movie.

I'd disagree that planes are less exciting than cars, but I agree that it would be a nice continuation of the theme. There are some Planes Duplo sets coming out, so that's some promotion there, but no System sets as far as we know. Perhaps they didn't think it would be profitable enough based on the sales of the Cars sets?

And for the record: Planes is NOT from Pixar! It's from DisneyToon Studios, the people who brought us the infamous Direct-to-DVD Disney sequels. So yeah, I'm not having a lot of expectations for this film either.