Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Albion Blacksmith

Weyland the smith owns this blacksmith that is in the great capital of Avalonia, Albion. His skills is not into making swords, Weyland is Avalonia best man to shoe the horses and to repair all kind of carts. His cousin Quinlan also works in the blacksmith. Today he is shoing a horse while Weyland fixes a carts wheel.

C&C as always much welcome!

6491614091_6ffd034a46.jpg

Blacksmith by de Gothia, on Flickr

6491617121_8ba9d623c9.jpg

Blacksmith by de Gothia, on Flickr

AWESOME structure ' de Gothia ' and thanks for the building inspiration as I'm not far from your blacksmith's workshop....I start on my locksmith tomorrow using sections from my first medieval MOC but put it in a structure similar to yours....of course with the Lord Tigerius touch. :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

Footnote - your blacksmith is also a wheelwright as well. :wink:

I love it! You picked some really nice colors. So when are you going to mail that to me? :laugh:

Thanks! Haha as soon as you give me your adress! :wink: Boy, that sounded weird!! :laugh:

L-tiger: Thanks!! It´s really fun to see what comes up next to my blacksmith!! This Albion thing is really nice!

Wheelright? Ok thanks :classic: , I´m not to familiar with all the terms in english :tongue:

Edited by de Gothia

It looks great - you've got some nice detailing (such as the slates on the roof, and the greenery growing up the side of the building), and I really love the stables too. I also like the action shot of the minifigure kneeling at work. :thumbup:

Love this. This is what we were looking for. You used the shape on the map plot and built using our build style. Exactly the good work I would expect from you de Gothia.

Blacksmiths did many a thing in the medieval world including shoeing horses and repairing metal for things like carts. I am glad you did something other than the typical.

great work as usual de Gothia. As I am your neighbor (I have the armorer across the street from you), Ill have to work extra hard.

I like the odd grey put into the roof and of course details really make a MOC IMO.

back to work on my Albion building!

MikeyB

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it!

But I forgot to mention that I got inspiration from you Z. Your bs folder is really eyecandy and those tiles around the windows is from you! :classic:

Great building! I really like the effect of using white for the first floor of the blacksmith. It gives a little extra to this building. I think the Green Riders will let your blacksmith shoe their horses :wink:

Does the building also have an interior?

Great work! I have to echo Z's words, you really have hit the Anvil with the hammer here, exactly what we hoped to see. Great color use a design, looks like it would make a great official set! Well done, your another builder who is really on a roll. You could do some nice designs like this for Benoic as well, there's a lot of interesting earth color combinations that work well on old buildings which is one of the reasons I choose dark and sand green for Avalonia as they work really well together, expecialy on medieval builds. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

The colors of the blacksmith are indeed well chosen, also repairing a cart instead of making weapons is a nice touch!

Thanks alot! Really happy to hear you all like it :classic:

Doornroosje: No sorry no interior.. Your green riders are most welcome any time!

Derfel: Thanks :classic: Yes there will be some buildings for Benoic with this style. Just have to figure of what kind of shops that will be in Benoic

That is fantastic de Gothia! The building looks great! :wub:

And it's so cool to see this is a real blacksmith, most people around focus on the forging of swords and armour, while this was more important and had a larger influence throughout the city and lands! :thumbup:

Awesome build fellow guildsfriend!

Thanks for the kind words!

Cpt Blackmoor: Yes that was what I also thought regarding the blacksmiths, glad you liked it!

But I forgot to mention that I got inspiration from you Z. Your bs folder is really eyecandy and those tiles around the windows is from you! :classic:

Oh nice. Half-timbered has really been my thing (which is one of the reasons I joined this guild) so I am glad those MOCs had helped inspire at least one other builder. I like that you used that technique, but the building is still recognizable as your style.

A good model for the blacksmiths shop. I like the green pennant colour signifying Avalonia. :thumbup:

Edited by Venunder