Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Dwarven Tower of Pikesteel Mountain

1323573708m_DISPLAY.jpg

Here is a typical Dwarven tower that can be found surrounding Pikesteel Mountain.

This tower guards one of the passes to the main gate and has a DMB (Dwarven Mechano-Bow).

If you haven't seen my DMB, you can see the photos HERE,

and be sure to see it in action in my VIDEO.

13222837041_DISPLAY.jpg

Each tower's stone door features a standard Dwarven combination lock.

13235740821_DISPLAY.jpg

Every tower is also equipped with an emergency alert horn. On the first of each

month the mountain rumbles when each tower tests their emergency alert horn.

13222837093_DISPLAY.jpg

Interior of the tower. Ladder folds up out of the way when not in use. Small stove on

the right, box of heavy coal* on the left.

*Heavy coal burns hotter and longer than standard coal. Mined from deep within the

mountain, it is the Pikesteel Mountain Dwarves' main source of fuel as wood is scarce

in the mountain.

Wonderful use of shape for the tower, and I really like the signal horn. The snow is just perfect, excellent job.

As the other chaps have said, well done with the snow, it looks great. Its excellent to see the dwarves of Pikesteel Mt making an appearance in the 1st round of the competition.

Regarding the tower, its a nice simple build. The kind of utilitarianism you would expect to see from dwarves with nice individual touches such as the combination lock, stove and horn. Great job Tony, I'll put this in the index. :thumbup:

Edited by Viceroy

With risk as sounding like a parrot! :wink:

Wow! The snow that hangs over the cliffs are great!! Looks really small and cosy that tower, perfect for dwarfs! The little stove is great!

Wonderful use of shape for the tower, and I really like the signal horn. The snow is just perfect, excellent job.

The snow is indeed perfect!

Awesome! It feels a bit like WoW. What are those shoulders your dwarves are wearing? Also, what piece are you using for the rock slopes on the cliff area? They look much longer and more triangular than anything I can remember.

Great MOC. Keep up the great work!

Thanks everybody. I'm glad the snow is a hit, that was the part that took me the longest to figure out.

Regarding the tower, its a nice simple build. The kind of utilitarianism you would expect to see from dwarves with nice individual touches such as the combination lock, stove and horn. Great job Tony, I'll put this in the index. :thumbup:

Thanks for getting it added to the index so quickly.

With risk as sounding like a parrot! :wink:

Wow! The snow that hangs over the cliffs are great!! Looks really small and cosy that tower, perfect for dwarfs! The little stove is great!

Thanks, the tower itself is small, but there's actually a lot more going on under the surface, stay tuned!

Awesome! It feels a bit like WoW. What are those shoulders your dwarves are wearing? Also, what piece are you using for the rock slopes on the cliff area? They look much longer and more triangular than anything I can remember.

Great MOC. Keep up the great work!

Thanks so much! The shoulder armor is the standard issue armor crafted in the Pikesteel Mountain forges. (Some people use it as a viking helmet though. :laugh: )

The cliff is made of this piece.

Great little outpost and i love the mechano-bow! The snow drift really sets it off nicely too. :thumbup:

That's amazing!! I haven't seen so good dwarf's fort before!

Please do not bump year old topics just to say "good work". There are a lot of fresh topics to discusss!