Captain BeerBeard

Border Wall Watch Tower

My tower is located near the end of the Avalonian Border Wall. It is not in Antyria. C&c welcome.

0avatower13.1_copy.jpg

0avatower04_copy.jpg

I'll let the pictures tell the story.

0avatower3main.jpg

0avatower6main.jpg

avatower5main.jpg

0avatower11main.jpg

Lord Tigerius, Zakon and de Gothia drinking in the ground level of the watch tower.

0avatower5main.jpg

Second level of watch tower

0avatower9main.jpg

0avatower10main.jpg

Top level

0avatower8main.jpg

Back view

0avatower12main.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

The building and foliage is great!!! But was really strike me is the amount o detail and time you spent to pose your minifigs!!! Great job neighbour!!!! :classic:

Love that I´m in the tower!! :laugh:

Edited by de Gothia

Very nice!

The "tower side" of the photo is good, but the "cut-away side" is even better! Love all the detailing. I woud say this is more of an entire outpost than just a simple watch tower.

Only suggestion for future improvement is that a few of the photos are a little dark. I have the same problem with my MOCs sometimes, so I hope a photo wizzard like Brickdoctor can straighten us out someday.

The building and foliage is great!!! But was really strike me is the amount o detail and time you spent to pose your minifigs!!! Great job neighbour!!!! :classic:

Love that I´m in the tower!! :laugh:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Very nice!

The "tower side" of the photo is good, but the "cut-away side" is even better! Love all the detailing. I woud say this is more of an entire outpost than just a simple watch tower.

Only suggestion for future improvement is that a few of the photos are a little dark. I have the same problem with my MOCs sometimes, so I hope a photo wizzard like Brickdoctor can straighten us out someday.

Thanks! I actually have the ability to brighten the pictures as I have photoshop and many other programs. I chose not to because I did not want to take away the color I got from natural light.(natural light is pretty rare around this time in NW Indiana)

I very much like the detailed scene you have set up. Avalonia continues to grow. And I actually like the darker light in your first two pictures. This way the red flowers get a magical glow. I see a busy outpost in the early evening. :thumbup:

I very much like the detailed scene you have set up. Avalonia continues to grow. And I actually like the darker light in your first two pictures. This way the red flowers get a magical glow. I see a busy outpost in the early evening. :thumbup:

I'm with you on that. I would lose that beautiful red if I made it brighter. The flowers would look more orange.

Another great build Captain! This has a very 'mean' look to it which I like. Like others have said, it looks more than just a watchtower, which is good as it stands out more. Great details and colour use. I agree with your point about natural light. I have similar problems where making the picture lighter ruins colors. Good natural light is hard to find in the UK at this time of year.

Great work mate!

DC

Thank you. Sometimes it's better not mess with it. A few things a l learned in my short afol life is if you do brighten add a little contrast. I used some silver helmets instead of dark grey. This made those figures pop out more. They were camoflaged with the walls before I did that. Sometimes using different parts make photography easier. Those scoped crossbow turrets do look very unwelcoming don't they?! :devil:

It is definitely more than just a watchtower. With that said, my favorite part IS the tower. The roof and shape especially. But I do like the entire build with the "stone" work and detailing.

Good job on the tower.

I love the detail inside of it, and that road surrounded by plants is fantastic.

Well done. :thumbup:

So much to love here Captain Beerbeard! Grey use of both shades of grey (bley?) on the walls, nice interior (something I can rarely be bothered with :laugh: ) and great foliage outside the walls.

:thumbup:

It is definitely more than just a watchtower. With that said, my favorite part IS the tower. The roof and shape especially. But I do like the entire build with the "stone" work and detailing.

Good job on the tower.

I love the detail inside of it, and that road surrounded by plants is fantastic.

Well done. :thumbup:

So much to love here Captain Beerbeard! Grey use of both shades of grey (bley?) on the walls, nice interior (something I can rarely be bothered with :laugh: ) and great foliage outside the walls.

:thumbup:

Thanks to all of you! I'm glad you like it. I chose to put my tower on th Avalonian wall so I could show daily life going on in Historica. Look's like it was a good choice! :thumbup:

Captain Beerbeard. I love how you have put fellow guld members into your build. The landscaping is brilliant. I have nothing negative to say about it.

I love the wildflowers, that's a great touch. The round tile on the shield is a good detail that reflects your guild, and you have good photography too. Great job.

I :wub: it, oh.....Tigerius likes his wine ! :iamded_lol::drunk:

Thank you ' Captain BeerBeard ', I needed that......plus an AWESOME watch tower !

I must say the best one of the lot.....or is that the drink talking again ? :smug:

Excellent work and you didn't forget the chickens ! :rofl:

Avalonia Forever !

I :wub: it, oh.....Tigerius likes his wine ! :iamded_lol::drunk:

Thank you ' Captain BeerBeard ', I needed that......plus an AWESOME watch tower !

I must say the best one of the lot.....or is that the drink talking again ? :smug:

Excellent work and you didn't forget the chickens ! :rofl:

Avalonia Forever !

Thank you. I hope it's not the wine! The chicken is slowly becoming one of my favorite elements. I wish I had a hundred of them.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new topic for this. I haven't been able to get myself to take apart my watchtower just yet. I added on another 32x32 to it. C&c welcome.

0avatower13.1_copy.jpg

There are some pond's in there that can't be seen from this angle.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new topic for this. I haven't been able to get myself to take apart my watchtower just yet. I added on another 32x32 to it. C&c welcome.

0avatower13.1_copy.jpg

There are some pond's in there that can't be seen from this angle.

Ok, things have improved a lot more, I liked your tower, now I totally love it, and also great pictures too. :thumbup:

It just became so much more beautiful! Really like that you extended your tower with the wall! Your colour scheme is spot on and the greenery is so nice!!

Thanks, Niku and de Gothia. I'm thinking if I should make a battle scene here before I take it apart. If anyone wants me to do a battle scene with photoshop blood let me know. I will only do it if a decent amount of people want me to. I won't do it if it's only like three or four people. I plan to take this down in the next few days so let me know.

Megabloks, so detailed :o

I doubt if a battlescene is necessary as you must be a complete idiot to try to pass the border in this part of Avalonia :laugh:

And a great small marketplace where travellers can fill their energy again!

As everybody agreed it is more an outpost than a tower, would you like some embassies here for travellers or are you hostile like most other Avalonians? :classic:

(btw, Border Wall OUTPOST is added in the City Guide )

Megabloks, so detailed :o

I doubt if a battlescene is necessary as you must be a complete idiot to try to pass the border in this part of Avalonia :laugh:

And a great small marketplace where travellers can fill their energy again!

As everybody agreed it is more an outpost than a tower, would you like some embassies here for travellers or are you hostile like most other Avalonians? :classic:

(btw, Border Wall OUTPOST is added in the City Guide )

Thanks! I already decided not to do the battle scene. The area is too tight. I don't see why there couldn't be an embassy in this area.