Sign in to follow this  
Basiliscus

Website Outage

For the past twenty minutes or so EB wouldn't load or refresh. I got no error pages or messages, it just wouldn't load. Seems like it's working now, though! :thumbup:

I had that too, though it was maybe an hour or so ago and I got error messages after an extended period where my browser (Firefox) said that the site was loading.

I couldn't access the site at all for about twenty minutes, from around 7:40pm PST to 8:00pm PST, though I pinged the site and the server appeared to be up. From around 8:00pm PST to around 8:08pm PST, the site loaded very slowly. (about three to five minutes to load a page)

I couldn't access the site at all for about twenty minutes, from around 7:40pm PST to 8:00pm PST, though I pinged the site and the server appeared to be up. From around 8:00pm PST to around 8:08pm PST, the site loaded very slowly. (about three to five minutes to load a page)

Same here.

Same happened to me.

I had it too, and it happened again around 15 minutes before this post to now.

Sometime between 11:00 and 12:30 last night, I was unable to access the site. After a few minutes, though, I had no problems.

Sometime between 11:00 and 12:30 last night, I was unable to access the site. After a few minutes, though, I had no problems.

The site has been down since 10:30-10:35 until now. A bit of lag now, though.

As you keep reporting this, just to be sure, are you checking other websites when EB is unavailable? If not it may just be your connection. Just making sure to cover all angles. :classic:

Sometime between 3:30 PM Pacific time and 4:30 PM Pacific time, I was unable to access the site. The first time, I managed to get a database error (but not a screenshot, sorry), and after that I just got "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I was able to see other websites during this time.

Sometime between 3:30 PM Pacific time and 4:30 PM Pacific time, I was unable to access the site. The first time, I managed to get a database error (but not a screenshot, sorry), and after that I just got "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I was able to see other websites during this time.

Same here, though I never got the database error. Safari just went straight to "server isn't responding". Like the last time this happened to me, other sites loaded normally, and pinging the site showed the server to be up and running.

As you keep reporting this, just to be sure, are you checking other websites when EB is unavailable? If not it may just be your connection. Just making sure to cover all angles. :classic:

Yes. I go to other sites to pass the time until EB comes back.

Yes. I go to other sites to pass the time until EB comes back.

Excellent, just double checking.

I was suddenly cut off last night. :sceptic:

Other sites worked though. However, being that my internet connection is so unreliable and that there are a lot of pics on EB, I just assumed that it was still just some sort of odd connection issue, but...

EB was down (504: Gateway time-out) from at least 11:03 until 11:10. I was on Memory-Alpha during the same time-frame with no problems.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but EB has been repeatedly timing out, failing to load photos and images, and generally just been slow for me. (This is particularly aggravating when a post submission times out, for obvious reasons.) Is this something on my end, or...? If it is on my end, is there anything I can do to fix this?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but EB has been repeatedly timing out, failing to load photos and images, and generally just been slow for me. (This is particularly aggravating when a post submission times out, for obvious reasons.) Is this something on my end, or...? If it is on my end, is there anything I can do to fix this?

What pictures?

What pictures?

Photos posted to external sites will sometimes refuse to load, and certain elements of the interface (i.e. the arrow icon on the menu in the upper-right corner, smileys, and occasionally the forum banner) will decide not to load. Refreshing usually fixes things, but it happens rather often, and the refresh takes a long time as well. I'll see about getting a screenshot the next time I see a broken image, if possible.

EDIT: Wow, timed out submitting this, AND got a good screenshot of the broken images:

EurobricksBrokenIcons.jpg

Edited by Flipz

Photos posted to external sites will sometimes refuse to load, and certain elements of the interface (i.e. the arrow icon on the menu in the upper-right corner, smileys, and occasionally the forum banner) will decide not to load. Refreshing usually fixes things, but it happens rather often, and the refresh takes a long time as well. I'll see about getting a screenshot the next time I see a broken image, if possible.

If it's external images also then it's unlikely that it's our fault.. but we'll look into it. Is this at a particular time, or sporadic?

I can confirm slowness and timing out. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, sometimes most of it loads but the header image doesn't, sometimes it loads but the css is broken. I'll screenshot anything else that happens.

e:

Header image not loaded:

eb1.png_thumb.jpg

Sudden lack of CSS:

eb2.png_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bfahome

I've had the no-CSS problem as well. The lack of header image is less common for me, but it happens too.

Edited by purpleparadox