Sign in to follow this  
Fonzy

MOC: Kaliphlin White Watchtower

I, Halvard the dwarf, just finished the build of a watchtower somewhere in the north-east, where the landscape changes from mountains into sand.

6470627275_ff198e813c_b.jpg

6470627371_51108ec572_b.jpg

6470627323_cbaa094a08_b.jpg

6470627223_198eb6df4c_b.jpg

6470627451_4f07ab07e9_b.jpg

6470627157_4cf8f743bd_b.jpg

Wehey! That's an awesome tower, love the round shape, the mini oasis and the rock formations are great too, good job, hail Kaliphlin! :thumbup:

This is great! I'm a sucker for round towers, and this is quite a good one, especially with the upper balcony cantilevered out like that. I really like the way you've made use of different angle slope bricks on the first tier of the roof; I hadn't thought of that, and it gives it a great look. I'm going to steal that idea.

This is a very striking construction, and totally suits the work of a dwarf architect. The guild flags running in a circle around the platform are so simple, but work brilliantly! :thumbup:

Edited by mikey

Magnificent tower.

Is so well balanced in proportions and shape. :thumbup:

Great job on the tower!! I like the imposing sight of it! The flags around the tower is as said before great!

I really like the way you've made use of different angle slope bricks on the first tier of the roof; I hadn't thought of that, and it gives it a great look. I'm going to steal that idea.

Well, thanks, but I can't take credit for it since I got the idea from Hagrid's hut.

What a great looking tower! The white is very striking and the first floor supported by "spokes" coming out of the wall like that is ingeneous. :thumbup: It kind of reminds me of modern day water towers. The only thing that niggles at me is the colour and shape of the roof - it just looks a little flat and squat for such a gravity-defying structure. (I think i'd prefer to see something more rounded and/or colourful) But that's really just a minor niggle for such a nice build. :classic: