Sign in to follow this  
sdrnet

Winter Village: the Winter Church

indexed.gif B-OV-24B

Hello everyone! I'm new in the forum and sorry if my English is not perfect. I wanted some time to participate in this contest.

This is my creation: The Winter Church. This module is the fifth I do and connects seamlessly with other modules containing the 3 LEGO sets to form a diorama of the winter village.

The whole church and the fountain are easily removable from the base.

Some features: opening doors, removable roof, detailed interior with benches, torches, vases, organ, altar.

A button on the roof allows the light to the interior of the church.

In a short time will insert a link on Brickshelf to see more images.

IMG_4153_small.jpg

IMG_4155_small.jpg

IMG_4162_small.jpg

IMG_4166_small.jpg

IMG_4172_small.jpg

UPDATE: other images on Brickshelf here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=490625

I hope it's appreciated!

Sandro alias sdrnet

Edited by Phred

That's a very nice build you got there. I just wish it had some more color like the official buildings. It might be a nice idea to use plates for the snow instead of tiles. That way it would match better with the official sets.

Very nice church ' sdrnet ', I'm not sure if adding colour would have or not, but will there be a shot where the light brick is working....though the trans-coloured bricks forming lead-light windows would look totally AWESOME ! :grin:

Brick On in the snow ' sdrnet ' ! :classic:

So many nice things. I like the overall size and shape and details.

The interior view is nice.

I think the frozen fountain is particularly whimsical as it adds a bit of humor to the scene.

Andy D

Great building, I love the curve and the way on top of which you have built the stain-glassed window. I love the fountain!! :thumbup:

Welcome to EB "sdrnet"!

Maybe it's just me but posting your first message on this forum as a contest entry is a little weird... you may want to introduce yourself properly first here (as some might think you're only here to score free Lego... :sceptic: )

Your church is really nice, great modular features. It fits perfectly with the other buildings but I doubt LEGO would ever release a religious set.

The Church is very nice. It looks like it could fit into a variety of layouts of different times and themes. It could use some more unique mini figs. I don't think I could see this as a future set in the winter series but it is still a well built moc.

Welcome to EB "sdrnet"!

Maybe it's just me but posting your first message on this forum as a contest entry is a little weird... you may want to introduce yourself properly first here (as some might think you're only here to score free Lego... :sceptic: )

Thank you very much for the compliments.

In fact I wanted to introduce myself first, but until now I always attended the forum as only spectator, and today I wanted to introduce myself with my MOC for participating in the competition for the winter village, which I think is very important. In the coming days will insert my presentations! :sweet:

Simplistic but nice I like the incorporation of the modular elements especially the water fountain. :thumbup:

Very nice building, we also still need to rebuild our church in winter style (we have had a winter town for about 5 years now).

Two towers are really nice. Most Dutch (at least protestant) churches just have one.