Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

Faerie Flower Festival

Avalonia is a beautiful land filled with joy and myrth. A home worth defending, women and children we will fight to protect. Welcome to our festival of flowers and the second page in our journey through the mystic Faerie Forest.

6444040493_d7e8ff1bab.jpg

Silas looked slowly round at the youthful faces gazing up at him in anticipation. This small journey was their rite of passage, a time of testing as well as instruction. He waited until the forestlings had settled around the warming fire, preparing themselves for a night of lore and adventure. Silas cleared his throat. “Are you ready to listen? To become a Forestman, like your parents and like me, to hear the tales of your ancestors?” He chuckled to himself as he watched the innocent smiles that grew among them. “Good. Our first tale is from long ago, when forestmen first came to this place. Though the land was beautiful, the winters were long; and the people struggled to make a living out of the Earth. One young girl by the name of Flora wandered deeper into the woods in search of flowers. At first there were none to be found, for the cruel winter had made them lose their bloom. As she searched deeper however, she found a single May Tree. When Flora drew near it, the tree began to pulse and brighten! She reached out her hand for it, and the flowers came to meet her… pink and white petals forming into the shape of a lovely woman. ‘Long have I waited to meet one who would find me here,’ she spoke, and her voiced sounded as chimes in the wind. ‘My name is Hawthorne, guardian of this realm. This forest has been awaiting a people to cherish it, and with your coming I can at last bless the earth.’ She gently placed her hand on Flora’s head, and with her smile the forest came alive with magic. Flowers lifted their faces, brooks began bubbling to life, and the trees grew tall around them. The dryads and their sister river nymphs ran to meet our ancestors. Then Hawthorne turned to Flora once more with a promise, which our people remember to this day. For on that first of May, we found a home. Now every May Day we thank the one who gave us this haven, and promised to keep Avalonia fertile and protected. You forestlings collect flowers to mark that time and to celebrate our home.”

This is for CCC IX the Medieval holiday category. May Day (a festival celebrating the goddess of flowers)

Water Nymph!

6444038955_1537208044.jpg

An Entwife :)

6444037081_099713101b.jpg

This is just beautiful.

I love the water nymph, love the white in the trees, love the water, love it all.

Beautiful..........

I love how you have put together all sorts of Fantasy creatures into one scene! This is one of the prettiest creations I've scene in a long time.

Great job!

That water nymph is way beyond all I have seen. :oh:

Excellent¡¡¡

nicely done. I like the birch trees and the water fall has a sense of power. (might borrow the look of both for future build ideas but will make sure I credit you.

the nymph is great, I didn't even know they created all those pieces in clear. welcome to Avalonia!

That Water Nymph is so beuatiful!!!!! I can´t stop looking at her! Great work! The birches and the village is spot on! Great work!!!

Simply Beautiful! I've been looking forward to seeing what you would bring to Avalonia, as I knew it would be stunning and mythical. You don't disappoint do you! :classic: So much to like here, I was hoping to see some more mythical looking mocs as its such a big part of Avalonia. The water looks powerful yet magical and the Nymph is beautiful(are they fiber optic pieces?) Lovely landscape full of great details and the whole moc just has a great charming feel to it. I think you could do a good scene with the may Pole with ribbons and people dancing around it. I am hoping to see more mocs of this feel from Avalonia, as the Mystic Isles and Enchanted forest are both areas based in myth and fantasy.

Great work, very original :thumbup:

"This is so beautiful that I can not describe my enthusiasm :) so inspiring

I thought that I made something new with my invisible stalker, and then you brought trans minifigs to another level

Fantastic :)"

Edit I don't want to be a partypooper, but, rules of CCC always limit base to 32x32 studs. Let me check

Yup, here are the rules:

"All entries should fit on 2 connected 32x32 baseplates or smaller unless stated otherwise in that category's rules. You may use a single 48x48 plate for your entry instead of the two 32x32 plates. "

So, it's 64x32

Edited by Angeli

Beautiful, it's stunning, that water nymph is fantastic but my favourite part are the birch trees they look amazing. Question, how sturdy are the trees? like if you nocked them just slightly would they fall and you'd have to shout, "Timber!", hoping the minifigs get out of the way in time.

"This is so beautiful that I can not describe my enthusiasm :) so inspiring

I thought that I made something new with my invisible stalker, and then you brought trans minifigs to another level

Fantastic :)"

Edit I don't want to be a partypooper, but, rules of CCC always limit base to 32x32 studs. Let me check

Yup, here are the rules:

"All entries should fit on 2 connected 32x32 baseplates or smaller unless stated otherwise in that category's rules. You may use a single 48x48 plate for your entry instead of the two 32x32 plates. "

So, it's 64x32

Thanks... and aw crud I've read those rules so many times :P I guess I forgot and thought it was one of those categories without a size limit... Well I guess there goes my "Misc. Entry" that sucks :P thanks for the heads up, Ill make sure to quintuple check next time :) Thanks again! back to work on the other 6 entries... ;) theres an 18 baseplate entry coming! (yes i checked for size limit lol)

Simply Beautiful! I've been looking forward to seeing what you would bring to Avalonia, as I knew it would be stunning and mythical. You don't disappoint do you! :classic: So much to like here, I was hoping to see some more mythical looking mocs as its such a big part of Avalonia. The water looks powerful yet magical and the Nymph is beautiful(are they fiber optic pieces?) Lovely landscape full of great details and the whole moc just has a great charming feel to it. I think you could do a good scene with the may Pole with ribbons and people dancing around it. I am hoping to see more mocs of this feel from Avalonia, as the Mystic Isles and Enchanted forest are both areas based in myth and fantasy.

Great work, very original :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad to be a part of an awesome guild, and your guide to a detailed village helped a good deal! The Nymph hair is actually Clickits wrist cords with the knobs at the end... My first thought was fiber-optics but then i noticed that would cost like 100$... lol

Beautiful, it's stunning, that water nymph is fantastic but my favourite part are the birch trees they look amazing. Question, how sturdy are the trees? like if you nocked them just slightly would they fall and you'd have to shout, "Timber!", hoping the minifigs get out of the way in time.

The trees are actually very sturdy :) the base is made with a 2x2 tile (with vertical pin) connecting to a white techinc connector. This also allows them to wobble a little bit, twist, and not fall down. So if i bump the table, the forest shakes but ever falls :D Good potential stop action video potential!

Thanks everyone for the comments!!!

A creation of pure beauty ' Siercon and Coral ', that water fall is wonderful, the buildings are so Avalonian....an AWESOME MOC you have created for Avalonia.......Avalonia Forever !

Thanks... and aw crud I've read those rules so many times :P I guess I forgot and thought it was one of those categories without a size limit... Well I guess there goes my "Misc. Entry" that sucks :P thanks for the heads up, Ill make sure to quintuple check next time :) Thanks again! back to work on the other 6 entries... ;) theres an 18 baseplate entry coming! (yes i checked for size limit lol)

No no no, don't do that, moc will surely win, just cut out the woods to the left (and not all of it, just the studs that you need); the main focus is on the centre and left anyhow

And cut trans clear slope frame (that is -4 studs), you have just few studs over the 64.

And let THESE pictures be your presentation, and just take 3 pictures of the "cut" version and enter the contest with them. I can promise you, no one will stay cold on those water and forest spirits (I don't know how you call them:)

You re breaking boundaries with your mocs, and unusual part usage :) I am happy that I was there from beginning, witnessing how you grow. You are the true "Master Builder"

...although you are in the wrong guild :) Nocturnus is a right place for you ;) :) :) :) :)

That's a really nice scenery! I had to watch real closely, before I believed that nymph was made out of lego, great idea!

There is no not-awkward way to say this, but I'll say it anyway.

The nymph has the most beautiful lego breasts I have ever seen.

Edited by Wardancer

There is no not-awkward way to say this, but I'll say it anyway.

The nymph has the most beautiful lego breasts I have ever seen.

Haha, this comment made my day :P I wrote this on my Flickr to someone who mentioned the same thought.

"Honestly, whenever i sit down to create a lego girl... my main thought is "the hair and the chest.. if i butcher those.... she's doomed."

So thanks! :P Appreciate everyone's comments, thanks so much for the support and motivation!

P.S.

(sry im bumping this thread back to the top, that is not my intention)

Incredible stuff! :wub: I am not sorry about bumping this back to the top at all. :grin::wink: