Brickdoctor

[LDD MOCs] Brickdoctor's 2011 Star Wars Advent Calendar

They all look fantastic!

I can't wait for tomorrow's and how you will build it because it is my favourite of the advent calender. :classic:

Oh, good! I was afraid you got discouraged from your last model and gave up. :tongue: This is very good again. I like how you did the canopy. As usual, the only part of the Snowspeeder that could possibly use improvement is the nose area, but since not even TLC can get it right in minifig scale after several rehashes, it's totally fine the way it is. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Stop. Stop. STOP.

I'm going to need to buy myself a second stocking this year. You're killin' me, Doc.

Day 13 is here:

6508069967_21073c92a3_z.jpg

It's Miniland-scale R2-Q5. Let me just say that I've decided that I really dislike building Miniland-scale. It just goes completely against my building style.

R2-Q5 was an R2-series astromech droid produced by Industrial Automaton. R2-Q5 had black coverings highlighted by bronze access panels. R2-Q5 was a well-equipped droid, with tools for repairing starships and special, hidden spy devices. He was also one of the few beings aware of IG-88A's infiltration of the Death Star. Read more...

2011SWAdventDay13.lxf

Not bad, although he looks a bit fat. And doesn't LDD have pearl gold? That might have been a better color than brown. Nice work as always though.

Let me just say that I've decided that I really dislike building Miniland-scale. It just goes completely against my building style.

I hate to agree with you here, but yeah, your miniland scale figures aren't the best models of the calendar. But i absolutely love your renditions of the ships and fighters so far!

Your miniland modles aren't that bad Doctor but you deffently have a nack for building those fighters and starships with great accuraccy. Its hard getting the shapes you want in minilad scale.

Day 14:

6513258457_50bddbe1e5_b.jpg

It's Miniland-scale MSE-6 Mouse Droid. This one was tough, not in building, but in size. Fact is, the 'minifig-scale' Mouse Droid in the official calendar is already about Miniland-scale. So, I decided to just allow the droid to go up to the knees of the humans and made it this size. Maybe it's one of the Giant Mouse Droids.

The MSE-6-series repair droid, sometimes referred to as the mouse droid, was a small, box-shaped, wheeled general purpose MSE-series droid often used for delivery and maintenance purposes. Read more...

2011SWAdventDay14.lxf

Not bad Doc, nice to see you still take a diffret build approc to this simple droid and use some snot instead of flat tiles.

Not bad Doc. :thumbup: The shape is right but I'm not sure about that hole..... :tongue:

There are two holes created from the SNOT building techneiqes. He could stick and eye stalk in ther eand convert it to a giant mouse droid. That would fill one of the holes :tongue: .

I must applaud the use of the 1x2 cheese slopes with the inverted plates, which pulls off the look of that area more or less perfectly. :thumbup: Just one minor nitpick... the wheels need to be closer together in the front. :wink:

I haven't looked at the .lxf, but I'm assuming you couldn't use grilles on the sides to give it some texture (as opposed to the 2x2 tiles). On that note, I've been looking at each and every one of these in LDD (to get a semblance of what it would look like in real bricks), and all the builds are impressive.

Very nice, Doc! Only, I would make the wheels a bit bigger, although you might have to change the complete design.

I haven't looked at the .lxf, but I'm assuming you couldn't use grilles on the sides to give it some texture (as opposed to the 2x2 tiles). On that note, I've been looking at each and every one of these in LDD (to get a semblance of what it would look like in real bricks), and all the builds are impressive.

Yeah, I can't. The middle area is a jumble of headlight bricks, and in addition to covering up all the holes, the 2x2 tiles are attached by only one stud.

There are two holes created from the SNOT building techneiqes. He could stick and eye stalk in ther eand convert it to a giant mouse droid. That would fill one of the holes :tongue: .

Yeah I know, I've used it myself. :wink:

Really looking forward to the next one. (Semi spoiler alert ahead)

As others have said, the ships have been amazing.

Day 15:

6518718047_07002a1150_b.jpg

It's Midi-scale LAAT/i. Once again, I really wish I'd had more time for this one. I think I got the proportions wrong, but I didn't have time to go and tinker with it.

The Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry (LAAT/i), often referred to as the Republic attack gunship or Republic Gunship, was a specialized gunship designed for aerial-based support and infantry transportation. Read more...

2011SWAdventDay15.lxf

I think you're right, Doc: you're miniland figs are...um...not your best, BUT these midi-scale vehicles are awesome! I love the shape and parts usage of the hull and cockpits. I think the upper cannons may be too long and are the wrong color. Also, the mid-section seems a bit too hollow. Other than that, this is great! :thumbup:

Great as always, Doc, although some of the proportions do seem off, and I'm sure that with some more time, you could add a lot more detail to this. Also, I think the Gunship in the Calendar is supposed to be the bubble turret-less version from TCW, but I can understand if you don't want to make that particular one. :laugh: Nevertheless, it's instantly recognizable, and there's some nice parts usage in there, so good work.

Not bad Doc. :thumbup: The shape is right but I'm not sure about that hole..... :tongue:

That's the hatch through which

gets in. :laugh:

I think I got the proportions wrong, but I didn't have time to go and tinker with it.

Yes, among other things, 2x4 wings don't seem to be the best choice fo the body.

The moving bay doors definitely make up for it, though. :excited:

I've enjoyed looking through all these so far and I like the miniland style figures because of their simplistic blocky Lego style :thumbup: . Admittedly the Battledroid and Astromech may not be the best of the bunch but it's nice to see you (makes a sweeping general statement that could be wrong) working 'outside your comfort zone. Another good is that there's been a lot of surprises (essential for an advent calendar) - I really didn't expect your Snow Speeder to look that way - I expected it to have less studs, but I love the way you've done it.

I'm quite looking forward to today's, somehow I can't imagine you building a weapons rack. I'm guessing brick-built lightsabre or blaster?