pp7

Vote for new Architecture Models

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

LEGO is asking interested parties to vote on the next lego architecture set! Personally, I would like to see some from OUTSIDE the United States! Hit this link to have your voice heard!

http://architecture.lego.com/en-us/inspire-us/

Candidates:

United States Capitol

Coliseum

Eiffel Tower

Habitat 67 (has my vote!)

Montjuic

Petronas Towers

30 St Mary Axe

Golden Pavillion

Taipei 101

HSB Turning Torso (also has my vote!)

Feel free to discuss your picks, discuss the merits of each building, or inspire others to use their votes for your pick! Here's hoping we get some interesting new builds :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I voted for the gold pavilion. Just think of all the gold pieces... :wub_drool:

Not voting for any skyscrapers. Since it'll be another $20 for 10 pieces set. :thumbdown:

Edited by lisqr

Thanks for sharing!!!

I don't know if you said this but each user has 3 votes to cast, I voted for habitat 67 (2) and the colliseum

Ooooh...Habitat 67 is all kinds of sexy. *votes*

E: Just to add to my comment, I would really love to see how it would be pulled off. Looking at it, it COULD be as simple as plates cantilevered out with brick elements for the pods, but I would HOPE the designer would take a more creative approach given his options!

Edited by nicoga3000

Thanks for pointing this out, I never would've noticed this otherwise. I gave one vote each to the Colosseum (purely because I was there during the summer and thought to myself, I wonder if Lego could pull this off? But I'd prefer a model of this on an Eiffel Tower/Tower Bridge scale), Habitat 67 (just to see what they could do) and the Gherkin (just to finally see a London landmark and to see how they would do the window pattern).

:classic:

Since my father was an Architect and I'm a Civil Engineer, I voted for the 30 St Mary Axe, Petronas Towers, and Taipei 101 for their interesting shapes and angles.

30-st-mary-axe-the-gherkin.jpg248px-Petronas_Panorama_II.jpg248px-Taipei101.portrait.altonthompson.jpg

Thanks for the link. Really nice that LEGO gives us a vote.

I voted Habitat 67 (twice) as this building is really interesting in my modest opinion. The third vote went to HSB Turning Torso, cause I'm curious how they would make this one. Probably with 2x2 jumper plates (or 2x2 plate with one stud).

Since I've been to Expo67 and from Montreal, I think my vote is quote obvious. :classic:

Two votes on the Colosseum, one on the Golden Temple. I'd be really interested to see how TLG'd pull these off.

To be honest I can't really see the appeal in a set of Habitat 67, I feel like at the scale of these architecture sets it'd just be a collection of boxes.

Where did you hear about this, pp7? :wink:

Hahaha, caught!!! :blush: props to a dude from rl called GB.

voted habitat, coliseum and golden pavilion

i'm an architect and never bought these sets, just too 'midi' for my liking but if TLG did the Guggenheim that could change...

02-Guggenheim-Museum-Bilbao-Spain.jpg

I voted for the United States Capitol, Petronas Towers, Taipei 101!

Taipei 101 could be done in a small scale, 150-200 pieces. Petronas Towers, should be a little bigger, maybe in the $50 price range,3-400 pieces . The Capital building would be ok in a small scale, but, I really hope it is "in scale" with the White House. I know it would be an big, expensive model, but, I think it would really cool. But, it won't happen, wishful thinking. Probably around $250, and about 2500 pieces.

A couple of models I think should be on the list, but, are not, are:

Arc de Triomphe

Westminster Abbey and Saint Margaret's Church with Big Ben

London Bridge

Taj Mahal

St. Peters Basilica

Leaning Tower of Pisa

Notre Dame de Paris

Any of these would be a welcome addition to the line, IMO.

I wouldn't mind them keeping the Washington DC theme going at the same time, with the Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson Memorials.

But, the model I really hoping for one day is World Trade Center Complex. With all 7 building.

Wishful thinking, Jamie