Bonaparte

LUGBULK 2012 is started

Great news for LEGO fans: the LUGBULK program will continue in 2012.

LEGO has announced the new LUGBULK 2012 round and send the rules to the LUGs. Participating LUGs now have untill the 15th of January 2012 to fill the Master Data Sheet and a full list to show they fulfill the requirements stated in the rules.

If there are LUGs that didn't get the email from LEGO you can email them at lugbulk@LEGO.com.

LEGO wants as many AFOLs as possible to get the chance to participate via LUGs.

I thought it was LUGBOP as in LEGO USER GROUP BULK ORDER PROGRAM ?

I thought it was LUGBOP as in LEGO USER GROUP BULK ORDER PROGRAM ?

Never heard of that name... what I posted was a copy/paste from an email I got from LEGO so they seem to use the term "LUGBULK".

Mkay, perhaps they've renamed the whole thing.

I am so sure they named it LUGBOP to begin with - not that it really matters though :laugh:

"Same same, but different!"

What are the requirements for "normal" User here, that they can order?

And how is it managed, for Orders from different countries?

Thanks for taking time to answer :wink:

What are the requirements for "normal" User here, that they can order?

And how is it managed, for Orders from different countries?

Thanks for taking time to answer :wink:

You need to be part of your countries LUG (or one of them in case there are more) and basically they will take the orders from their individual members.

You need to be part of your countries LUG (or one of them in case there are more) and basically they will take the orders from their individual members.

Would I be able to become a member of a LUG for my country (and pay associated membership fees etc) and participate in this year's LUGBULK program, or is there a convention that this offer is only open to longer serving LUG members who have participated in lots of events?

Thanks

Would I be able to become a member of a LUG for my country (and pay associated membership fees etc) and participate in this year's LUGBULK program, or is there a convention that this offer is only open to longer serving LUG members who have participated in lots of events?

In theory a LUG could make such a rule, but in practice I personally haven't seen that being done. To be 100% sure I suggest you check with your countries LUG before joining.

Thanks

I think that would depend on your LUG. This is pure speculation but I think there would likely be stipulations that you've attented at least one of your LUG's public events to stop people joining purely to take advantage of this.

In Germany I know from one community, 1000Steine.de

But to order there, you have to be "Plus Member", to reach this Membership level, you have to pay a annual fee for this forum.

I see LUGBulk as a way that TLG supports people that are actively building and displaying Lego for the public.

People should not be joining LUGS at this stage to try and get into the LUGBulk 2012 round.

People should be joining LUGs to meet like minded people and have fun building Lego, collaborating or whatever else your local LUG gets up to. By the time LUGBulk comes around the following year, you would probably then be entitled to participate.

Dr Rod

I am sure our local LEGO club could meet the requirements, I just need to convince the guys running the thing that its worth all the effort that goes into a LUGBULK order (and that its better than just buying huge amounts of bits from Bricklink)

Hi bonaparte,

I am from belgium,

What group do i need to join?

Tnx,

Dieter

BeLUG of course ;) We are (Dutch) members of BeLUG too...

In Germany I know from one community, 1000Steine.de

But to order there, you have to be "Plus Member", to reach this Membership level, you have to pay a annual fee for this forum.

Well, that is so cheap that that shouldn't be a problem should it? We are members of de Bouwsteen, BeLUG and 1000steine although we frequent the first and second most often), it is nice to also go to events abroad. Membership of the first one is the most expensive, but they all have there specialities. And of course for the online community EB is the best :)

Could you inform me the price of parts for this program would be?

Definitely it will be cheaper than pickabrick or bricklink right?

Could you inform me the price of parts for this program would be?

Definitely it will be cheaper than pickabrick or bricklink right?

Sorry, it's not allowed to share the prices outside the LUGBULK Program. But yes, it's significantly cheaper than PaB and in most cases Bricklink too.

Yes this is great. I am going to immediately get in touch with the finnish LUG, to see if I can still join.

Does anyone have a guide to converting Bricklink colors into LEGO Color IDs? I found one, but it doesn't seem to be accurate and it didn't have any of the new colors.

Does anyone have a guide to converting Bricklink colors into LEGO Color IDs? I found one, but it doesn't seem to be accurate and it didn't have any of the new colors.

I think this will help you:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

"BLName" is the bricklink color, and "LEGOName" is what TLG uses.

I think this will help you:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

"BLName" is the bricklink color, and "LEGOName" is what TLG uses.

Thanks, that helps a lot, except for the main color I was looking for. lol. I wanted to know the LEGO ID for the color that Bricklink calls Medium Dark Flesh. I guess it's too new.