degrees troop hussar. width 1,3 cm

gradi_truppa.jpg

degrees captain hussar, left arm and right arm. width 1,5 cm

gradi_capit_uff_dx.jpg

gradi_capit_uff_sx.jpg

gradi_capit_uff_nuovo_dx.jpg

gradi_capit_uff_nuovo_sx.jpg

Edited by DucadiYork

Nice looking decals. What type of sticker are you looking to use to apply them?

I use "Clear Inkjet Water Slide Decal Paper" mold only black lines, I do not color, I give it the color with the airbrush on all pieces, with a masking.

the problem of decals made with the printer, is....

(We would recommend that if you do use a colored background (plate, mug) that print in black ink. It is safe to use the color ink but keep in mind that the ink is translucent. So for example; if you print a blue star on a red mug the blue star will not be as vibrant, it will now have a purple hue.) :pir_bawling:

when you have fine lines, masking is a problem.

I use "Clear Inkjet Water Slide Decal Paper" mold only black lines, I do not color, I give it the color with the airbrush on all pieces, with a masking.

(We would recommend that if you do use a colored background (plate, mug) that print in black ink. It is safe to use the color ink but keep in mind that the ink is translucent. So for example; if you print a blue star on a red mug the blue star will not be as vibrant, it will now have a purple hue.) :pir_bawling:

Thats a very good technique to try. It will take a while to make a large army airbrushing all the details on the torsos :pir-oh:

Thats a very good technique to try. It will take a while to make a large army airbrushing all the details on the torsos :pir-oh:

for the Emperor that and more, Vive l'Empereur!! :pir-sweet:

braghe_cacciatore.jpg

braghe_ussaro_truppa_7.jpg

braghe_ussaro_ufficiale.jpg

braghe_ussaro_ufficiale_cordine.jpg

braghe_ussaro_ufficiale_cordine_cint2.jpg

These are amazing. Unfortunately, I stink at resizing decals. :pir-sceptic: Oh, well, I'll print off a few on normal paper on black and white and eventually get 'em right.

Vive l'Empereur! :bonaparte:

These are amazing. Unfortunately, I stink at resizing decals. :pir-sceptic: Oh, well, I'll print off a few on normal paper on black and white and eventually get 'em right.

Vive l'Empereur! :bonaparte:

in fact the last two figures are too detailed, I have to change for printing.

I use for printing figures 17 cm width x 500 pixel, these due to space reduce them on the forum to 3 cm width x 100 pixel, print from this figure you lose the quality.

Are waiting for a response by a company production for decals, on the quality that you can get of print (I hope that their colors have good coverage), with my printer already get good results (only black and white).

Your dedication is really amazing - you've made a decal for nearly every part of the minifig! I can't wait to see how these will turn out, judging by the quality of the molds I'm sure these will be awesome. :pir-sweet:

I am wholeheartedly with Skipper here. I simply cannot wait for you to finish these! They are certain to be superb.

Very inspiring work to say the least. I most definitely think I will soon be trying my hand at casting.

I think I have not understood this point.

You use the airbrush to apply colors and you use masking to apply the different colors?

Do you have any pictures of these technique?

Woody64

What are you using as a reference for the uniform details and designs? Looking very nice by the way.

Apart from all the books I have on the Napoleonic period (large library)for obvious reasons I can not show. I suggest THIS, THIS, THIS, and THIS

I think I have not understood this point.

You use the airbrush to apply colors and you use masking to apply the different colors?

Do you have any pictures of these technique?

Woody64

In the future I photograph all the steps, I have a friend that has the printer laser( very good ) and a plotter a cutter (to make masks for paint)

I can now have more print quality, therefore I have to try new designs.

Nice custom parts!

I tried this once at home but it was a complete failure.

Tib

You need a little 'equipment, is not so simple.

Shabraque Officer hunter on horseback.

sabraque_con_pelliccia_f.jpg

<br />Thanks for the tutorial link. I was going to ask if you had the time to make one.<br /><br />I am curious though. The video is just the casting part, how do you make the prototypes/originals (not sure the correct term) to use in the mold. They look so good.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes, I too am curious how you make the originals? I think it's a mix of clay and the original piece yes?

<br /><br /><br />

Yes, I too am curious how you make the originals? I think it's a mix of clay and the original piece yes?

I use modelling paste Andrea miniatures, milliput, white metal, any what can be useful.(TUTORIAL)

Edited by DucadiYork