Sign in to follow this  
President of Brick Town

LEGO Swimming Pool

Wow, what a topic! The title and the description don't make this clear at all! Please do explain! :sweet:

My thoughts exactly. Are you saying a real swimming pool or a minifig sized one for design tips?

My thoughts exactly. Are you saying a real swimming pool or a minifig sized one for design tips?

A minfig sized one for design tips, my guess is an obscene amount of SNOT. I've never seen Lego made one, well in the Paradisa set I forgot. And in the future Friends seT, is there some tips on building something like this?

A minfig sized one for design tips, my guess is an obscene amount of SNOT. I've never seen Lego made one, well in the Paradisa set I forgot. And in the future Friends seT, is there some tips on building something like this?

you are thinking of 6416

6092px2.jpg?0

only LEGO pool I know of too.

I guess you could use a bunch of SNOTed 1x2x5 Trans Blue. That will gave you a nice Trans blue effect. Plus you'll be able to see the bottom. :sweet:

Did you not see the one at FX Mall in Jakarta last week? I think it was something to do with the SEA Games display that they had. I took a quick look as I was over there. I remember they did have a swimming pool, but I don't seem to have any photos of that particular bit of the display. I'm sure there must be some though on youtube/brickshelf somewhere?

...it has no depth what so ever.

And imagine a swimming pool with no depth. What a waste.

Did you not see the one at FX Mall in Jakarta last week? I think it was something to do with the SEA Games display that they had. I took a quick look as I was over there. I remember they did have a swimming pool, but I don't seem to have any photos of that particular bit of the display. I'm sure there must be some though on youtube/brickshelf somewhere?

Are you from Indonesia? I have never been to the Senayan/Sudirman district recently, only to the Grand Indonesia Mall to find 7936 [no avail :tongue: ]

The SEA Games are over now so I doubt they had removed that display :sadnew:

I might just find something on YT/BS as you suggested. :classic:

L@go: I know, ever seen areal life swimming pool with no depth? Total waste! Every swimming pool has depth so now lets do the same thing in the Lego Universe.

Has anybody seen this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nori-gallery/8studs/2012friends/3931.jpg

Looks like a waddling pool rather than a swimming pool.

Edited by President of Brick Town

Are you from Indonesia? I have never been to the Senayan/Sudirman district recently, only to the Grand Indonesia Mall to find 7936 [no avail :tongue: ]

The SEA Games are over now so I doubt they had removed that display :sadnew:

I might just find something on YT/BS as you suggested. :classic:

L@go: I know, ever seen areal life swimming pool with no depth? Total waste! Every swimming pool has depth so now lets do the same thing in the Lego Universe.

Has anybody seen this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nori-gallery/8studs/2012friends/3931.jpg

Looks like a waddling pool rather than a swimming pool.

No I am not from Indonesia, I am in England. My wife is from Jakarta though and we have been there on holiday. Always stay around the Senayan district when there. Back home to the UK now though.

Yes I expect it has gone now as it was just there for the duration of the games according to the information I got. It is always interesting to see what is going on in the community around the world though, so I took the opportunity to e-mail bricksindonesia before leaving home in order to see if anything was happening and they told me about it.

I was surprised/alarmed at the price of LEGO over there!

Years ago, when I built something that featured a pool, I used this:

2374.gif

Of course, this doesn't really look like a pool. I just thought I'd deposit my 2 bricks.

On led extended mode, I remember seeing a part that was either a swimming pool or a bathtub. It's probably a pretty old part, though.