Piranha

2012 Pirates?

I think Hive was saying here's no chance for that decent N VS P theme you described when Ninjago is this popular, i.e. they won't replace Ninjago with a more realistic theme anytime soon.

As much as I hate the sound of that, I agree. :pir-cry_sad:

Interesting.

Well, (if this is true) I hope the Flying Dutchman will be a "last hurrah" for the POTC theme like the Imperial Flagship and Joust sets. I'm eager to see classic pirates return, in any form.

Need the classic pirates! Because paying 60 bucks just to get 2 redcoats and some "non-useful" (to me) parts is

just quite too much

Edited by The WarMocer

All of my managers said POTC has been doing way more than expected. He also showed me a 2000+ piece Flying Dutchmen that is supposed to come out in 2012.

Sorry if this has been said already, but I'm wondering if you/he were/was actually shown a picture of the Flying Dutchman, or just some sort of blank slot for one. Because, I think it is possible that it was just mistaken for the 200+ piece SpongeBob Flying Dutchman. But really, I wouldn't know, I'm not in your/his position.

I have that small set, I believe it's called Cannon Battle. Man, I regret not picking up ten of those...

I really don't want another ludicrously expensive ship; small ships have not appeared in the pirates line since I believe Armada Flagship. :pir-cry_sad:

I loved that set! I DID pick up at least 10 of them... That's how I got all the green-stripe torsos for the Confederate Navy sailors. :pir_laugh2: LEGO needs to come up with more Pirate sets like that one: It had everything you needed for decent army building at a good price: A soldier, a Pirate a Cannon and some useful parts and accessories, and as far as I'm concerned, you can't have too many soldiers, pirates or cannons. :pir-sweet:

As for the Ninjas vs Pirates thing... I'm just going to wait and see. As I said before, I'm just happy that they made the Governor's Daughter and Blue Pirate torsos available on Pick A Brick, and IMO, the Leprechaun's shirt would make a nice "Greencoat" faction uniform... Still, I'll be happy as long as the pirates don't completely disappear for 12 years like they did last time. :pir-sceptic:

I think Hive was saying here's no chance for that decent N VS P theme you described when Ninjago is this popular, i.e. they won't replace Ninjago with a more realistic theme anytime soon.

As much as I hate the sound of that, I agree. :pir-cry_sad:

true but maybe they will surprise us and it will be a new ninja vs pirate theme.

Yeah unlikely but possible. :shark:

Sorry I missed this earlier, how do we know there will be Ninjago vs Pirates? What are the clues etc?

And on another note, how many of you out there will be buying the Sponge Bob Flying Dutchman or the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty?

Pirates are obviously my all time favorite theme, but I can't really use that to justify buying these 2 sets... Surprisingly, I'd rather buy the spongebob set. Would like to get other opinions

One of next year's sets that's apparently from the Pirates vs Ninjago theme has been reviewed in the action theme forum. I'll be quite honest, when reading that review pirates was pretty much the last thing that came to mind...

Sorry I missed this earlier, how do we know there will be Ninjago vs Pirates? What are the clues etc?

And on another note, how many of you out there will be buying the Sponge Bob Flying Dutchman or the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty?

Pirates are obviously my all time favorite theme, but I can't really use that to justify buying these 2 sets... Surprisingly, I'd rather buy the spongebob set. Would like to get other opinions

I might get the Spongebob flying dutchman but there's no way I'll even consider that ninjago ship, it's so expensive and there are hardly any useful parts in it :pir-angry:

One of next year's sets that's apparently from the Pirates vs Ninjago theme has been reviewed in the action theme forum. I'll be quite honest, when reading that review pirates was pretty much the last thing that came to mind...

That's from the current line, which has the ninjago guys fighting snake people. It's not supposed to have anything to do with pirates, I'm not sure where that suggestion has come from.

The only reliable clues that there will be a Pirates vs. Ninjas line for Ninjago came from a listing on imdb.com, for the third season of the Ninjago TV series, set to (supposedly) debut in 2013. Here's the purported season's episode list, if you're interested. Based on that, you can safely conclude that if there were any "Pirates vs. Ninjas" sets, they would be released in 2013.

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I suppose there's no way to know for certain until later this year.

Edited by Mesonak

The only reliable clues that there will be a Pirates vs. Ninjas line for Ninjago came from a listing on imdb.com, for the third season of the Ninjago TV series, set to (supposedly) debut in 2013. Here's the purported season's episode list, if you're interested. Based on that, you can safely conclude that if there were any "Pirates vs. Ninjas" sets, they would be released in 2013.

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I suppose there's no way to know for certain until later this year.

Ah so that's where it started from. Seems like a reasonable assumption. Not as definitive as I'd hope though... Thanks for that link

Spongebob set, no way, while it looks ok, it is not a Pirate set in my view, for the Ninjago ship no chance, read the review while it is ok as a Ninjago set it does not appeal to me at all, the same can be said for a possible Ninjaho/Pirate theme, if that did happen it woulf put me off for like, it would ruin everything that I like about pirates, however I have a horrible feeling TLG will do it, I for one who it would be a massive flop.

Spongebob set, no way, while it looks ok, it is not a Pirate set in my view, for the Ninjago ship no chance, read the review while it is ok as a Ninjago set it does not appeal to me at all, the same can be said for a possible Ninjaho/Pirate theme, if that did happen it woulf put me off for like, it would ruin everything that I like about pirates, however I have a horrible feeling TLG will do it, I for one who it would be a massive flop.

hmmm ok from that link I think it is pretty definitive that if it is done as a theme then it would be Ninjago vs Pirates and not a new historical theme but a continuation of Ninjago. :pir-sceptic:

Spongebob set, no way, while it looks ok, it is not a Pirate set in my view, for the Ninjago ship no chance,

I agree that they're not PIRATE sets, I meant is anyone going to buy them for parts. I said I might get the sponge bob set for the small accessories (Hat, Patrick's torso, extra cannon) and the little island it comes with isn't too bad. If it's on a good enough sale I'd get it. But like others pointed out, I can't see anything useful in the Ninjago set, especially with its price.

I agree that they're not PIRATE sets, I meant is anyone going to buy them for parts. I said I might get the sponge bob set for the small accessories (Hat, Patrick's torso, extra cannon) and the little island it comes with isn't too bad. If it's on a good enough sale I'd get it. But like others pointed out, I can't see anything useful in the Ninjago set, especially with its price.

also the messenger bag in sand green is a new color only in that set.

Edited by Macoco

hmmm ok from that link I think it is pretty definitive that if it is done as a theme then it would be Ninjago vs Pirates and not a new historical theme but a continuation of Ninjago. :pir-sceptic:

Still it is not what Pirates should be used for and I hope this forum sees it as ninjago and not part of the real pirates, I also think if TLG did do it it would be the final nail in the coffin for the pirate theme.

If the Nnjago vs Pirate thing is real (I hope not), I still think a lot of us will get them. At least for some new weapons and minifig parts to make more distinct pirates in MOCs ...

I wouldn't read too much into it. Even if the list is right, it's just the name of one episode whereas this season's episode list has many titles concerning snakes.

If the Nnjago vs Pirate thing is real (I hope not), I still think a lot of us will get them. At least for some new weapons and minifig parts to make more distinct pirates in MOCs ...

That is if your into making MOC's, i'm not ;)

Oh, God Zeus, no. That IMDB list has me freaking out. Add organ music and the wilhelm scream and that would wrap up what I thought looking at that. :pir-cry_sad:

That is if your into making MOC's, i'm not ;)

surely you must atleast feel the need to modify/improve sets ?

surely you must atleast feel the need to modify/improve sets ?

Nope, I enjoy collecting and displaying sets. :)

Some of the torsos from the Monster Hunters line (coming this summer? I think?) look good for Pirates.

Monster Fighters will be out over the summer.

Ok, three months later I think there's no doubt: the answer is NO. Lol.

Despite i'm just kidding, that makes me sad. But, in fact, i didn't expect AT ALL that Pirates would come this year.

The reason why we don't have it is named PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.