Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#15: Hoisting Down the Jolly Roger

"I'm gonna get this rat what it deserves!"

Maurice continues his attack on Kitchen Rat (White) from the front row.

"At last a hit! Let us see if I can finish off this Pirate Maid when I attack once more from the back row with Darkness."

"Grr... this rat is sure elusive. I'll attack the dark grey rat once more with Zoot's Reaper from the front row!"

Recoiling from the previous hit Eric received, he missed out in his second attack, too. Not backing down, Eric swung Godricsleif at his enemy once more, hoping to inflict some serious injury.

Eric will attack Pirate Chef from the front row.

The battle order remains the same:

Battle order:

Eric

Ad-Hoh

Christopher

Hybros

Erdathcath

Maurice

OoC: Sorry for not posting during the previous round. I was in Germany for a Rammstein concert and I thought I'd be back sooner.

Results of Round Five of the Pirate Kitchen Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Chef - Extra Critical Hit

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Maid - Damage

Christopher vs. Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Shield (Sentinel)

Hybros vs. Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Miss

>Erdathcath vs. Pirate Chef - Critical Hit

Maurice vs. Kitchen Rat (White) - Shield (Miracle)

The battle rages on. Eric swings Godricsleif for a brutal 36 damage, bringing the Pirate Chef to less than half of his original health. The Pirate Maid attacks Ad-Hoh for 4 damage. Christopher takes the Sentinel-position again. Hybros misses his target with his reaper. Erdathcath shoots the chef for another 19 damage. Maurice's Miracle heals everyone back to full health. The poison continues to do damage inside Hybros and Maurice.

Four enemies still remain.

Enemies:

Kitchen Rat (White)

Type: Vermin

Level: 5

Health: 9/26

Special:
Foul Bite
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Drops: nothing

Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey)

Type: Vermin

Level: 5

Health: 26/26

Special:
Foul Bite
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Drops: nothing

Pirate Chef

Type: Humanoid

Level: 10

Health: 30/126

Special I:
Sausage Fest
– The Chef throws scorching hot sausages all around, causing 5 damage to all opponents regardless of row.

Special II:
Slice’n’Dice
– Halves the target’s current health.

Drops: Greasy Sausage (eating it will give +2 max. health)

Note: The special skills will occur in the listed order

Pirate Maid

Level: 8

Health: 29/69

Special:
Scream For Help
– All remaining allies of the maid will attack the one who targeted her, each causing 2 damage. If no allies are left, the maid will flee.

Drops: Elixir

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 10½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
14/14

Ether:
13/14

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 9 Knight
*Sentinel*

Power:

Defence:

Health:
18/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 9 Ranger

Power:

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

eric_small.jpg

Eric
(played by Khorne) *Party Leader*

Level 12½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP:8,
ice-elemental
), Potion, 2 Meads, 2 Rums, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10 Rogue

Power:
20 (15 for ranged weapons)

Health:
17/18
*poisoned*

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5),
Throwing Knife (WP:5)
, Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6274181516_11b6a760ac_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 9 Cleric

Power:

Health:
17/18
*poisoned*

Ether:
13/13

Gold:

Inventory:
Diamond Mace (WP:4,
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, 2 Rums, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"The White Kitchen Rat will not escape me this time! Attack from the front row again!"

The poison in Maurice's body was just a minor irritation to him at the moment, he was sure that the power of Ennoc would keep him alive until its effect faded away.

Eric's eyes widened and madly he looked at the grim and bloody scene unraveling. He grinned as he felt reinvigorated by Maurice's miracle, granted by the power of this Ennoc deity. The Barbarian took a deep breath and loudly shouted: "Well done everybody, keep it up! Let's trash these pirates and their furry companions!"

He turned to Maurice and said: "Looks like Sol can be a worthy ally after all, but I'd still put my money on Wartan to takes us through this battle!"

Eric took up position and raised Godricsleif the greatsword once more to strike at the Pirate Chef, who was already showing severe wounds inflicted with ice-cold signs of frostbite. Godricsleif revelled in the carnage and urged Eric to continue this bloodfeast.

Battle order:

Eric

Erdathcath

Ad-Hoh

Christopher

Hybros

Maurice

Eric will attack Pirate Chef from the front row.

"Once again I shall attack the Pirate Maid from the back row with Darkness."

Hybros missed his target again. Maybe Zoot's wrath wasn't so fearsome after all, if it couldn't even hit its mark.

"Grr... I'll continue my attack from the front row on the dark grey rat."

Results of Round Six of the Pirate Kitchen Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Chef - Special Damage

>Erdathcath vs. Pirate Chef - Shield (Triple Shot)

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Maid - Miss

Christopher vs. Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Special Damage

Hybros vs. Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Shield (Mug)

Maurice vs. Kitchen Rat (White) - Critical Hit

The party is protected by Sentinel again this round. The chef tries to burn all the heroes with his sausages, but they are all blocked by Christopher. Erdathcath Triple Shots the chef, the maid and the white rat, causing 14 damage to each of them, and taking out the rat. Ad-Hoh misses his target, and the dark grey Kitchen Rat manages to poison Christopher with its Foul Bite. Hybros Mugs the Dark Grey rat, causing 26 damage before slaying the rat, and gaining 26 at the same. Since Maurice's target is already defeated, he moves on to attack the chef instead. His critical hit takes out the fat cook, leaving only the screaming maid standing. Christopher, Hybros and Maurice are all drained of 1 health by the poison in their veins.

Only one enemy remains, so the battle will continue automatically.

Enemies:

Pirate Maid

Level: 8

Health: 15/69

Special:
Scream For Help
– All remaining allies of the maid will attack the one who targeted her, each causing 2 damage. If no allies are left, the maid will flee.

Drops: Elixir

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 10½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
14/14

Ether:
13/14

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 9 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
17/18
*poisoned*

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 9 Ranger

Power:

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 12½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10 Rogue

Power:

Health:
16/18
*poisoned*

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5),
Throwing Knife (WP:5)
, Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 9 Cleric

Power:

Health:
16/18
*poisoned*

Ether:
13/13

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, 2 Rums, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Results of Round Seven of the Pirate Kitchen Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Maid - Miss

>Erdathcath vs. Pirate Maid - Special Damage

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Maid - Shield (Magic Burst)

Christopher vs. Pirate Maid - Hit

Hybros vs. Pirate Maid - Miss

Maurice vs. Pirate Maid - Damage

As the battle continues, Eric tries to cleave the Pirate Maid in half with his Godricsleif, but the panicked woman jumps out of the blades way. As Erdathcath aims her arrow at the maid, the pirate decides it is best to flee. The poison does it's nasty work on Hybros, Christopher and Maurice once more before fading away.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Sir Christopher, Erdathcath and Maurice all gain a full level of experience, while Ad-Hoh, Eric and Hybros gain half a level. The enemies drop a greasy sausage.

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11 Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
14/15

Gold:

Inventory:

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
17/19

Gold:

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
16/16

Gold:

Inventory:

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 13 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10½ Rogue

Power:

Health:
15/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric

Power:

Health:
16/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental

Party Leader, who will get the dropped item?

heroica-greasysausage.jpgGreasy Sausage - eating it will give +2 max. health

The party looks around in the deserted kitchen. Aside from the door to the stockroom, there is only one other door to their right.

heroicaquest15-map1.jpg

~MOVING AROUND JOLLY ROGER'S GROTTO~

The party has now managed to sneak inside the pirate's lair, and they can now start to search the pirate captain. The
square tiles
depict the rooms and hallways that the party can move through. The
blue cone
denotes the party, while the
red cones
depict enemy parties.
Green cones
are neutral NPCs. The enemies will spot the party if they move within
three squares from the enemy
, although the enemies cannot see around
corners

Brown boxes
symbolize chests and crates that can contain useful items.
Open frames
are doors which can be freely moved through, but
closed doors
either need a
key
to unlock or be opened from the opposite side.
Jail doors
always need a key to open. Beware of possible
traps
as well.

Where will the party move now?

Eric grumbled as he had failed again to take down his opponent this round of battle. He swung his sword around angrily. He glanced at Maurice, whose club was heavily bloodied with the blood of those whose lives he had taken. The Cleric was clearly blessed by this Ennoc. How could Sol stand so strong here, while the diety had practically abandonned the North? Had Wartan finally abandonned the fierce Norse Barbarian prince? He couldn't have.

Calming down, Eric put Godricsleif in its sheath that hung on his back. He took out a large, machette-like knife and kneeled down next to the Chef's corpse. Much to the disgust of his companions, the Nord severed the Chef's head from its body and tied it to his belt. As he noticed the strange, perplexed stares of his companions, Eric simply stated: "Heads for the War God. Wartan must be pleased. I will offer the head to the God of War later."

Eric brushed off his bloodied hands at the Pirate's clothes. The Knight Christopher gagged at the sight of this grizzly scene, but quickly regained control of himself.

The Nord's mind returned to the mission at hand. He looked at the sausage he held in his hand. It sure looked delicious and Eric was hungry. He decided to hand the sausage to Erdathcath, however, as a reward for her many kills in battle.

"Great fight. All of you" the Nord quickly said. Compliments weren't his forte. He figured that it was only normal that each of the party members gave their best, so why would they need more compliments? Still, it was the polite thing to do.

"I suggest we go through the brown door, probably leading to the dining hall. It doesn't look like we have a lot of options here."

Hybros felt the dark power of Zoot surge through him as he quickly slayed the rat that had poisoned him. It was a strange feeling, and not one that Hybros was exactly comfortable with. But he felt powerful, more so than he ever had before, and had reaped the benefits of it by mugging the rat.

"Eheheh... on to the dining hall, then."

OoC: Sandy, shouldn't I have only received 26 gold, since technically that's how much damage Hybros dealt? I think this was discussed before, but I can't remember what the rule was.

Maurice felt proud to have landed the killing blow on that evil chef. The Light was with him and he felt its presence very clearly now. He saw how their Norseman leader cut of the head of the victim and tried not to show his disgust over the barbaric custom.

"Yes, lets move to the next room. We might want to stay close to the fireplace and then take the left door, to avoid the enemies in the lower right part of the room. I think it's best to have a sneaky approach here inside the enemy's lair."

Thank you for that sausage! I shall use it well. :wink:

yes, let's continue on the main route to our enemy, and we want to stay around corners from it as much as possible.

OoC: Sandy, shouldn't I have only received 26 gold, since technically that's how much damage Hybros dealt? I think this was discussed before, but I can't remember what the rule was.

OoC: As you wish. :tongue:

The party decides to sneak into the dining room that lies beyond the kitchen. Luckily it is dimly lit, and the group of pirates who are drinking and playing cards on the other end of the long table do not take notice of them. The party creeps in front of the big fireplace onto the left-hand door. Peeking through it, they see a room with a wooden staircase and another group of pirates next to it. There is an open door on the opposite side of the room.

heroicaquest15-map2.jpg

What will the party do now?

"It appears another fight may be imminent, unless we can spare some rum to keep them happy and let us pass."

"I'm not afraid to spill some more blood. We'll see how big the pirate group is, if they are too numerous we can always hand over the rum. I would love to kill every one of these 'pirates', but I'm afraid we don't have the time for that." Eric said. He wanted to show these pirates what a true Norse viking was capable of, but the Quest couldn't fail because of his personal desires. The bloodlust would have to be kept at bay and the killing at a minimum.

"Are we going to take the stairs or continue on this floor? Jolly Roger will most likely be upstairs in some office, but I think our best chances on finding Reno are staying on this floor and search for any sort of prison or the like. That is, if Reno is really caught of course, and not part of the pirates."

Agreed, we shall have to find out how big this group is, if it is too big, just give them rum, and they'll join us.

The party takes a closer look, and see that the group consists of five pirates and a monkey.

Will the party approach them?