Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#15: Hoisting Down the Jolly Roger

753 posts in this topic

"Hmm, it looks like the shack is built on poles. Can we quietly sneak under it and see if we hear the persons inside better? That is in case there are no windows or alternative entrances." :look:

The shack is indeed built on poles because of the tides. There is one door on the shack with a ladder leading up to it, and one window on the other side with closed shutters.

The party sneaks below the shack to eavesdrop.

"- utterly bored. There's been no action for days."

"Yeah, it's like Roger is suddenly afraid of those Bonebeards or whazzacallem."

"I don't get it! With the ships and machinery that we've got, we should be ruling the Crystalline Sea by now!"

"Don't sweat it, matey, have a swig of rum instead!"

Then the crowd inside the shack burst into a booming laughter that was cut short by a hushing voice.

"Morons! We're supposed to be keeping guard out here. So stay quiet and gimme that bottle, will ya?"

What will the party do next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we rout these pirates out of the shack? Or should we try to sneak on into the fortress? I think we should do the former, that way we are sure nothing or no one an sneak up behind us while we get into the fortress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"How about we remove the ladder and then light the shack on fire?" :devil:

Maurice doesn't think high of such dishonest and criminal men as pirates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"How about we remove the ladder and then light the shack on fire?" :devil:

Maurice doesn't think high of such dishonest and criminal men as pirates.

I was actually going to say that, but that is slightly inhumane, plus, a fire would alert the fortress that someone is attacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That is true. I suggest we simply sneak past and infiltrate the fortress while they are not paying attention."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I think we at least should try and remove the ladder. Then they need to jump to get down and some might twist an ankle or break a leg if we are lucky."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I think we at least should try and remove the ladder. Then they need to jump to get down and some might twist an ankle or break a leg if we are lucky."

But if we just leave them alone we have 1 less fight, and we can get into the fortress faster. However, on the flip side, if they catch us this quest might end slightly faster than previously imagined. If there is a way we could trap them or kill them all quickly that would be the best idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But if we just leave them alone we have 1 less fight, and we can get into the fortress faster. However, on the flip side, if they catch us this quest might end slightly faster than previously imagined. If there is a way we could trap them or kill them all quickly that would be the best idea.

"I didn't say we need to fight them. Just remove the ladder and then sneak into the fortress. If the guards in the shack eventually comes out they are in for a surprise, even if we aren't around."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Eric's companions voiced their ideas, memories flashed before Eric's eyes. Visions of burning villages and hapless defenders falling to the vicious blades of the furious Northmen. Setting buildings ablaze broke the moral of the enemy: they lost everything belonging to them. This mission wasn't a mere raid, however and required more finesse. Putting cabins on fire would only alert the pirates of their presence. Stealth was required, even though it wasn't the Barbarian's preferred approach. Godricsleif longed for blood and Eric was eager to test the strength of these "pirates". It would have to wait.

"As you have pointed out, setting fire to the shack would only alert the others. Maybe we could bar the door with a wooden log or the likes? It would keep the pirates busy for a while, in case they want out."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Eric's companions voiced their ideas, memories flashed before Eric's eyes. Visions of burning villages and hapless defenders falling to the vicious blades of the furious Northmen. Setting buildings ablaze broke the moral of the enemy: they lost everything belonging to them. This mission wasn't a mere raid, however and required more finesse. Putting cabins on fire would only alert the pirates of their presence. Stealth was required, even though it wasn't the Barbarian's preferred approach. Godricsleif longed for blood and Eric was eager to test the strength of these "pirates". It would have to wait.

"As you have pointed out, setting fire to the shack would only alert the others. Maybe we could bar the door with a wooden log or the likes? It would keep the pirates busy for a while, in case they want out."

yeah, something along those lines would be the best idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party looks for a log to bar the shack's door, but since the shack is so simple they don't find anything that would effectively do the trick. They cannot remove the stairs either without causing a racket, since the stairs are sunken to the sand and bolted on the wall.

The party can either enter the shack, go to the door of the fortress or explore the thick forest next to the beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should check the woods real quick, because who knows, we may find a secret access to the fortress that leads right to Jolly Roger himself, making our task much easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should check the woods real quick, because who knows, we may find a secret access to the fortress that leads right to Jolly Roger himself, making our task much easier

"Maybe nothing so coincidental, but I agree. A quick look cannot hurt, surely?"

"While we are deciding, I shall have a quick and quiet dig around in the sand with my new shovel."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Maybe nothing so coincidental, but I agree. A quick look cannot hurt, surely?"

"While we are deciding, I shall have a quick and quiet dig around in the sand with my new shovel."

Oo, good idea to dig for treasure, I shall join in as well! I'll use my brand new, not yet tested Shovel

Also, if worse comes to worse we can just know the shack down, making it collapse on those inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm all for fewer conflicts for now. We don't know what's ahead and it may be best to avoid the guards, at least until we come back," Hybros whispered. "I agree that we should take a quick look at the forest."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party digs the sand, but they find nothing. Instead, someone in the shack hears the sounds of the shovels, and opens the door.

"Holler! Is there someone out there?" the figure on the doorway shouts.

Will the party respond, and if so, what will they say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No, no one here! Go back inside and drink some more rum!"

"Maybe it's best not to say anything at all if we don't want to fight them. Or maybe we should try and imitate a pirate and prank them." :tongue:Maurice whispers to the party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I did try to dig quietly, but never mind. I think we should just stay silent and still and let them think that there is nobody here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Everybody, be silent!" Eric said in a hushed voice and gestured the others to be quiet. Hopefully, the pirates would attribute the noise to their drunken imagination running wild.

"Since all of you are so eager to check out the forst, maybe we should try creeping towards it. Still, I think we should head to the cave entrance right away. Raise your hand if you want to silently sneak towards the forest as soon as the pirate's gone."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*raises hand*

"Aren't we on a schedule here?" Hybros thought to himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Let's sneak towards the forest then" Eric whispered as he motioned towards the thick forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.