Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Darth Vader light/torch

So I picked up the Darth Vader keychain light a while back. I ruined the head by trying to remove the helmet.

Then I finally got the Darth Vader torch that I saw earlier this year at Toy Fair.

I thought it would the same size as the clocks. I dont have the Darth Vader clock but I have the storm trooper.

dsc0256vx.jpg

dsc0245ix.jpg

dsc0246nto.jpg

dsc0251rz.jpg

I see your Vader and raise you a bigger Vader.

dsc0249ja.jpg

And the biggest surprise? Helmet comes off cleanly!!!

dsc0260t.jpg

I found the picture I took of the Prototype I saw at Toy fair. I remember that the lightsaber lit up when you pressed the button on the chest. The feet and light saber light up together. Buy it was permanently attached to the hand. Here it can be removed. Also the light saber is powered by its own AAA.

img2298b.jpg

If you look at the blade material and the bottom of the light saber they are different.

Cool! Thanks for this nice little review of this neat torch light! It's especially cool that the helmet and lightsaber are removable! I hadn't seen this before and am actually tempted to buy it now. Where did you get it and how much was it?

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for sharing this Soluscud! I've always been interested with these LSW accessories (clocks, torchlight, etc) but never really gotten myself in actually buying them. But seeing how this Vader torchlight has separate lighting on the feet and the lightsaber, coupled with the removable helmet, I think I'll be getting this one. :sweet:

Really? That seems a lot considering the clocks are half that price and are bigger and include a clock and alarm. :sceptic: I think I'll pass.

Really? That seems a lot considering the clocks are half that price and are bigger and include a clock and alarm. :sceptic: I think I'll pass.

Yeah but the Clock is a bit of an eye sore for me. Also the clocks dont have the capes, removable helmet or the functioning removable light saber.

Aren't the clocks $30 anyway? At lest that's what i saw them for..

Sick!! I'm totally buying this, I hope they show up in TRU soon, or Target, or Walmart, or something like that

Awesome, I've been avoiding the clocks since they have the clock in the middle of the torso, but this is perfect, I'm all over this.

Yeah but the Clock is a bit of an eye sore for me. Also the clocks dont have the capes, removable helmet or the functioning removable light saber.

EXACTLY! Couldn't agree more. The clocks (even at a slightly larger scale) are of zero interest to me, while this is exactly what the clocks should have been -- accessories included, plus some kind of panel to hide the clock on the torso when not in use would have been great.

If I had to criticize, I would ask why they went with the frosty white plastic for the lightsaber instead of a more clear red plastic like the prototype. Other than that slight oddity, an amazing product! Can't wait to purchase.

One thing I am curious about is if anyone has a photo comparison of this and the Vader lamp that has also been released. I saw it in stores and it is closer to $50. I am just wondering why the price is so much more for a bright saber lamplight vs. two led's and a dimmer saber light.

Edited by deco_droid