Hollander

(LDD MOC) A-wing

Ah, I think I see it now. The fin/stabilizer is attached via a technic pin to the round piece used in the engine. The part on the wing is a 2x2 plate with a circular tube on the bottom to accept a pin. Boy, this would be easier if I was more fluent in piece names.

I never thought to do it this way. I tried various hinges, which helps get the angle, but it always raised the stabilizer off of the body too much, giving a less than satisfactory look. This still gives you a 90 degree angle. But, I have that anyway with the brick built versions (vs. plate built).

Ah, I think I see it now. The fin/stabilizer is attached via a technic pin to the round piece used in the engine. The part on the wing is a 2x2 plate with a circular tube on the bottom to accept a pin. Boy, this would be easier if I was more fluent in piece names.

I never thought to do it this way. I tried various hinges, which helps get the angle, but it always raised the stabilizer off of the body too much, giving a less than satisfactory look. This still gives you a 90 degree angle. But, I have that anyway with the brick built versions (vs. plate built).

Correct. I first tried a circular tube without the technic holes in the sides, but after I encountered that the 2x2 plate with circular tube (don't know the name either :hmpf_bad:), I decided to go for the circular tube with technic holes in it, even though those holes would be visible on the sides, which makes an less accurate A-wing. That's another advantage of using LDD; you can just inspect all the lists of pieces till you find the one you need.

This looks great. I really like the way you achieved the thickness to give it the right shape.

Great job :thumbup:

This is a beaut! I really love the techniques used to get the shaping in the front correct. It's very clean and has all the detail you can shake a stick at! I too use LDD to pre-build things when I do not have the parts available at the time. I built the wings for my TIE advanced on LDD to figure out all the kinks and because I had a nearly unlimited amount of parts to choose from. Not too many people have 156 1x2 black grille bricks in their collection. :tongue: I actually completely built my next project on LDD which you can see here. Just need to order up all the parts from Bricklink and tweak it as I go.

This is a beaut! I really love the techniques used to get the shaping in the front correct. It's very clean and has all the detail you can shake a stick at! I too use LDD to pre-build things when I do not have the parts available at the time. I built the wings for my TIE advanced on LDD to figure out all the kinks and because I had a nearly unlimited amount of parts to choose from. Not too many people have 156 1x2 black grille bricks in their collection. :tongue: I actually completely built my next project on LDD which you can see here. Just need to order up all the parts from Bricklink and tweak it as I go.

You should probably make a new thread for this, but in any case, it’s looking good. Granted, the proportions and shaping in some areas don’t resemble any TIE/ad I’ve seen, but I suppose that much leeway is permissible with Expanded Universe TIEs.

Great job!

This spam has been reported.

EDIT: My apologies to the Mods. I'd like to make this post count, so I hope Hollander won't mind me asking how the bits on the side would be illegally attached if this model were built with real bricks.

EDIT2: Sorry, plamen1466. But in the future, I encourage you to say a little more in your post so the original poster can really get a feel for what you think. :wink:

Edited by fallenangel309

That is simply beautiful! Congrats on making such an amazing build! :laugh:

This spam has been reported.

Reporting a post is ok, but no need to reply to it and create additional 'spam'. Thanks!