Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

There is.

It was.

If I could give titles... :laugh:

So, I'm a little confused by the moonstone things in the Dracula Castle. Is there supposed to be one of them in each set, or do they only ever appear in the castle? Either way, it's gonna be a tough call between the LOTR Mines of Moria and the Monster Fighters Dracula Castle if I manage to do some non-Ninjago spending this year...

So, I'm a little confused by the moonstone things in the Dracula Castle. Is there supposed to be one of them in each set, or do they only ever appear in the castle? Either way, it's gonna be a tough call between the LOTR Mines of Moria and the Monster Fighters Dracula Castle if I manage to do some non-Ninjago spending this year...

One in each set, but the castle has all of them.

The new Brickmasters or MBA set, a US exclusive, is a Monster Fighters Lost Village, Hidden Bridge and Dark Lair with minifigure. Could be pretty interesting.

:classic:

Wow, I hadn't seen the news about that. These upcoming sets look great, and seem like they'll focus on adding cool functions and environmental details to models, like you see in a lot of modern sets. Interesting how all three are not only compatible in terms of color scheme, like the previous kits, but they seem to be modular to boot. Also interesting how it seems to have Halloween-stylings, despite how the kits will be received over the course of three months.

Wow... that is straight out of Castlevania. Awesome. I might have to actually pick up the MBA sets for once.

The new Brickmasters or MBA set, a US exclusive, is a Monster Fighters Lost Village, Hidden Bridge and Dark Lair with minifigure. Could be pretty interesting.

:classic:

...Where do you see "Monster Fighters" on that page?

-Sci

Wow, I'm very impressed with MBA level 3. Definitely am going to have to get that!

It appears, however, that the models displayed do not use all the pieces. That certainly does not look like 630 pieces to me - does it look like it to anyone else?

Edited by Endgame

Wow, I'm very impressed with MBA level 3. Definitely am going to have to get that!

It appears, however, that the models displayed do not use all the pieces. That certainly does not look like 630 pieces to me - does it look like it to anyone else?

Well, each MBA kit can be built into multiple different models, with no single "main" model that uses all the pieces. So there's probably a good number of extra parts beyond what's seen in the assembled sets.

According to another site, the names of the heroes are:

Frank Rock: Man with sunglasses in Swamp Monster and Ghost Train

Ann Lee: Woman in Mummy Carriage and Ghost Train

Dr. Rodney: Robot-leg man in Vampire Hearse, The Mad Professor & His Monster, and Vampire Castle

Jack McHammer: Man with robotic arm in The Mad Professor & His Monster and Vampire Castle

Older explorer with unknown name: Older man with pith helmet in The Werewolf and The Mad Professor & His Monster

Is it just me or it's incredible that we have no leakings of "The Zombies" at three months from its release??

No, store exclusives never get leaked.

No, store exclusives never get leaked.

Exactly. I don't mind, really. Sometimes I wish Eurobricks didn't spoil the next wave of sets for me every year. :laugh:

Same here. I like knowing a vague idea of what we're getting, but not complete spoilers. At least for store exclusives like The Zombies, I assume.

The MBA kits bum me out because they're US exclusive for whatever reason. I found a local store here [in Canada] that had the first kit, but it was crazy marked-up.

This series in particular look nice. Hey, maybe LEGO stores up here will be sent some? Maybe? Pretty please?

Exactly. I don't mind, really. Sometimes I wish Eurobricks didn't spoil the next wave of sets for me every year. :laugh:

It's a blessing and a curse :tongue:

There's a thrill of discovering sets for the first time right on a shelf, but, for instance, I'd have missed out on minifigures series 1 if I hadn't watched online like a hawk. And that's not a risk I'm a fan of. :wink:

All the same I think I'll try to abstain/hibernate from spoilers of winter 2013 and just tell a friend "lemme know if there are any things I'm going to need to act fast for"

Could do a turn taking or something I guess.. man, this is getting unrealistic

MFLogo2.png

That Frankenstein's monster looks a bit more sand green than this one. He also has different eyebrows.

Newmonsster.png

And as I've said before, this theme almost definitely has the best artwork of any theme.

Edited by Sid Sidious

I really like the sand green look, but having the monster be an 'olive green' color would make him more unique from his Collectible Minifigure counterpart.

Hmm, what's that lumberjack-esque fellow supposed to be in the OP? I can't tell.

Hmm, what's that lumberjack-esque fellow supposed to be in the OP? I can't tell.

A Monster Fighter. Name of Jack McHammer.

All the same I think I'll try to abstain/hibernate from spoilers of winter 2013 and just tell a friend "lemme know if there are any things I'm going to need to act fast for"

I don't think I have the willpower to do that, although I wish I did... :sceptic:

Edited by Darth Hagrid

Just curious if anyone else is planning on adding their own custom Monster Fighters to the team?

As a fan of the Arkham Horror board game series, one of my side projects has been to make some minifigs based on and inspired by the Investigator from that game and its expansions and those minifigs will be joining my Monster Fighters team. The latest member (sorry no picture yet) I think will especially fit in well. The parts are Lex Luthor's body with light grey hands, a Kai (the one with the scare over the left eye) head and the Two-Face hair.

What are some of your ideas for extra team members?