Etzel

At the frozen river

In the north-west part of the realm, a small river marks the border between Mitgardia and Avalonia. During the winter it is often frozen and it's easy to get across. The Avalonians rarely comes this far north but better to be safe then sorry thought the Mitgardians and built a series of watchtowers along the river to guard the border. Most are built out of wood, which is easily found in the dense pine and spruce forests in Mitgardia.

(The spruce trees are of course inspired of our great Guild leader :wink: )

6357971017_a33f2f8506_z.jpg

6357969129_aeb815ee41_z.jpg

6357968999_53f04d3be3_z.jpg

6357968481_f99e0522af.jpg

6357968375_260ba77c06.jpg

More pictures at Flickr.

I love the wooden watchtower, the construction makes it look weathered, very cool.

Overall it's a great scene.

Wow Etzel, that´s an impressing landscape you got there! The colours fits and blends perfect with each other! Looks really natural!

The tower itself is a beauty. :classic: I like that you got curved walls on top!!

I like that you have a story behind the tower and the river!

Great job on the wooden tower fellow-mitgardian! It's standing out with all those stone towers! Like the frozen river.

Hail Mitgardia!

Nice work. I like that the tower itself is at an angle, and the curved surface up top is great. I may have spring for a bit more vegetation on the rocks, but I am guessing nothing but evergreen trees can grow that far north!

I like this! The wooden tower is great, with the different shades of brown give it an almost textured feel. The frozen river is killer, I love how it actually looks like one. Frozen on top with blue water beneath. Well done!

Lovely build Etzel!!

The tower is great, the colors blend nicely and the river is so tranquil you just want to take a dip. The feel of the MOC makes you proud to be a Mitgardian! :wink:

You honor me with using the tree technique, it looks good! :grin:

Keep on building and spreading the Glory of the North!

I certainly didn't see a pentagonal tower coming! I really like the setting, and the trees look very natural!

Excellent representation of Mitgardia!

Really nice watch tower, Etzel. :thumbup:

The idea for a wooden tower is really nice, I am also working on a wooden watchtower along the water.

I was working on it, and then I saw yours. Looks like we had the same idea. :classic:

the Inventor

Wow! That is a great watchtower.

The wooden build looks awesome.

And the trees are great.

I can see a lot of effort being put into this.

Nice job!

Very nice wooden build. I especially like the round top; I've used this technique a bunch too, and it produces a very good round, stockaded effect.

The fellow on top in the brown hood doesn't look terribly happy. Perhaps he forgot his winter boots?

Great work! The tower itself is a great design and the wood gives it a different look to what we have been seeing mostly. I also like the water as it has an icy look and feel to it. Another great creation from the Mitgardia guild.

This is a brilliant curved wooden tower - the technique you've used is very effective. I really like the covering of ice on the river, but the best bit is the foliage on the trees, which is really clever.