Artanis I

Orgmuk: veteran Nocturnus catapult

Arcanis I re-presents the veteran catapult Orgmuk for the battlefield should he be required. He's seen plenty of action throughout the history of Historica, and razed many enemy structures. He uses the gravity of a heavy counterweight at the front to send projectiles hurtling forward. He is multi-purpose, can be used as a siege tower, and the counterweight as a sledgehammer. Out of commission during the times of peace, and battle scarred he looks a bit worse for wear. Nocturnus requires siege weapons if it is to have any say in the result of any future war - so Orgmuk may be needed once more, but first we need to do some restoration and rigorous testing. Arcanis I has put the task to his trusted officer Cal-Un-Owen's men to organise Orgmuk's recommissioning, with the help of Drazgortu who is overseeing the brutes. As Orgmuk is so big and heavy, strong trolls are required for movement and operation.

6355670891_f05990215d.jpg

6355672921_4c3c071a26.jpg

Cal-Un-Owen: "First time I've seen a troll using his head... :laugh: "

Drazgortu: "Please place yourself inside the barrel for the demonstration :facepalm: "

6355674583_9f1951f4f3.jpg

"Work, you sluuugs! :angry: "

6355653761_6725ed5a5c.jpg

It certainly is a rickety old thing, it's seen plenty of action.

6355663569_9e41f11a09.jpg

Arcanis I comes to inspect progress

6355655691_fe7a784fb7_z.jpg

Cal-Un-Owen: "Orcs, we don't need their scum! Why so many?"

Arcanis I: "We need them to keep the trolls in check :vader: "

6355654693_61032567ff_z.jpg

Drazgortu: "Master, we believe Orgmuk is ready for demonstration!"

6355665719_789cea42a7_m.jpg

Arcanis I: "Then let's see it in action! :knight: "

6355666855_b0d44dcb21.jpg

poor quality video demo

It's a rough ride during action, but those unlucky enough to be forced into it have a good vantage point for firing bolts or arrows on the enemy while the catapult is being loaded.

6355660679_0fc58af288.jpg

Doubles as a small siege tower, in fact the counterweight can be used as a sledgehammer to completely destroy smaller structures up close

6355662163_c35f7c6126_m.jpg

Orgmuk's coming to town...

6355658713_8b439cc3a2.jpg

Fearsome machine you have there. Might I suggest purchasing some of our fine Black Oil? A barrel ignited and hurled causes quite the firestorm when impact.... come come I'll introduce you to my Trade Emissary!

Awesome!

The trolls and the little dialogue are a nice touch! That beast head is also really nicely done.

it's a bit hard to tell - does it actually fire projectiles? have you tested how far it launches? :laugh::devil:

Fearsome machine you have there. Might I suggest purchasing some of our fine Black Oil? A barrel ignited and hurled causes quite the firestorm when impact.... come come I'll introduce you to my Trade Emissary!

Awesome!

The trolls and the little dialogue are a nice touch! That beast head is also really nicely done.

it's a bit hard to tell - does it actually fire projectiles? have you tested how far it launches? :laugh::devil:

(Cheers! The face was actually an afterthought - I added it during construction. It does fire... hence the 2:30am bedtime trying to get it to shoot a decent distance. Unfortunately due to the design flaw I'd have to start again to get it to fling well. I wanted it to be one where you pull out the stopper and it goes by itself rather than flick fire, so it was never going to shoot far anyway. It takes 3 trolls to hold it down, the weight is quite heavy. Take 1 away and WHACK off she goes.)

Your oil is something we could certainly do with in due time... perhaps you would be interested in some of our minerals... gemstones... gold? It would certainly add to the charm of your fine cities, sparkling in the sun...

Horible Orc building technics- It looks like it should fell apart, but it still works! Great details and I really like how you made a head in front to scare enemies!

Thanks guys, and you're right Lordofdragonss, it looks like horrible workmanship, but it's functional. And that is all they really care about here - that and the fear it instills in the enemy. Only a face a mother could love... haha.

I'm new to this "buying sets for parts to build MOCs then pull them apart to make new ones" business - unfortunately I'll need to pull this apart to build the watchtower, and I'm less than thrilled with the idea so far!

Thanks guys, and you're right Lordofdragonss, it looks like horrible workmanship, but it's functional. And that is all they really care about here - that and the fear it instills in the enemy. Only a face a mother could love... haha.

Part of the orcish strategy, make the enemy think it is decrepit and useless then blow them away!!

Part of the orcish strategy, make the enemy think it is decrepit and useless then blow them away!!

Haha

Love the held together with rough pieces of wood and chains look.

Me too, but it's not all we're capable of here in the East. I will have my more proficient builders construct something smaller and easier to produce in number as well.