maydayartist

Avalonian Watchtower for the West Region

My Lord,

our first official task starts and me and my fellowship follow this order.

We have built a watchtower on an ancient tree on a tactical good position as an entrance to our kingdom.

This tree is very old and interwoven with power and magic.

He is an living structure and unaffected by fire and axe due to his stonelike surface.

Ok my friends, here are the pictures:

0.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

And details:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

There are a little bit more pictures from the whole built in different angles on my Brickshelf folder when moderated.

For AVALONIA! :devil:

Phil

Fantastic Watchtower, fellow guildsman! Details and concept are great, and your rock work is inspiring me to get a move on with my own!

Avalonia forever!

Amazing tower, I love the spiral stairs, the practical use of the branches, the solid entrance vigilance between rock and wood.

Great build indeed. :classic:

Brilliant work mate! The tree is a beauty, tall and mighty. The whole moc looks fantastic, I can see you have worked hard to make sure every detail has been added. The rock work looks great with the stone stairs and the tree itself is very well done and you have even added stairs and rope railings which looks great. To top it off you have added a lovely base for it to stand on. Well done this realy is excellent :thumbup: You have done your guild proud!

That has to be one of the mightiest trees ever built for a 32x32 MOC :cry_happy:

The overall detail is simply astounding, especially the organic feeling of the rock and the way you made the tree look alive with it having a rough and weathered bark.

The stony staircase leading to the overarching branch is hidden really well, as are the stairs, ladders and ropes leading to the top of the tree itself.

Finally, the population is a nice mix of modern and classic figs and Ewoks, who perfectly fit into something that resembles the opening to a magical forest :sweet:

When the only complaint is the quality of the photographs, you know you have an awesome MOC! Love the tree and the rock, and so much detail everywhere. The stairs and the ladders are great. I'm impressed how you managed to get such a great looking staircase so tightly integrated into the rock.

Amazing!

spiral staircase in a tree, avatar? well, anyway, I just totally love this moc. It's always been a dream of my childhood to live in a real treehouse, never made it though ... :wink:

What a fantastic watchtowertree! The size of that chunk of wood is outstanding!

When you look closer you'll spot all kind of different things, awesome! :thumbup:

Amazing job there honourable guildsman!

Thank you guys so much for your feedback.

The spiral stair is in fact a detail that is installed at the end of this build.

And it works perfect, although the Rock is build on Burps and Lurps and one of them are very close to the track, but it fits perfect.

One detail is missing, the upper watch platform. So here it is.

12.jpg

for Avalonia

Phil

Now let's hope these archers aren't afraid of incredible height.. :tongue:

Nice update, from that tall tree you can see more then the most watchtowers presented until now! But they can see your tree as well!

Very cool, I saw it before at 1000Steine.de :thumbup:

Thanks for transfering me to this site here :wink:

Edited by Hersbrucker

I Love this tree.

The staircase around the tree is great, as is the rock base. This tower stands apart!

This was one of the only towers I saw before I finished mine, and it really raised the bar for what I was planning for mine. Great MOC!

Edited by rogueang