def

Mafia School: The Witchbreed Day I

6346414743_54e6c81777_b.jpg

It is a brisk morning, shortly after breakfast.

Oliver, the boy king, sits upon his throne, pondering the night before.

6346414769_3d52ab58b2_b.jpg

"Mummy, the prostitute I had last night was very funny, but I didn't laugh one bit."

Mother, reasonably alarmed, dotes on him. "However do you mean, funny?"

The boy king doesn't quite know how to phrase it.

6346414869_2c93358738_b.jpg

"Well, she didn't do so many of the good things the other whores do. I told her to, you know, and she didn't have the faintest idea of what I was talking about. I thought she was rather dim." He continues, "And then, the things she did do simply didn't feel right. I finished of course, as is my royal wont to do, but I want her beheaded. I never want to put my win-tin-tilly into her again."

6346414811_25a8160d71_b.jpg

The queen looks over at Lord Wolverton. "Wolverton, how is it that a substandard piece of meat has ended up in the Royal bedroom?"

The never flustered lord replies without hesitation, "Allow me to bring her before us, m'lord."

Shortly thereafter, young flower Marcy Maeby is brought before them.

6347164934_49244088db_b.jpg

Mother purrs, "Is this the tulip that wilted his majesty?"

The boy king scowls, "Off with her head!"

6346414963_e32654cfe4_b.jpg

Lord Wolverton lightly suggests, "Sire, might I perhaps recommend you consider not beheading her? You could simply maim her in a discomforting way and cast her out into the street, whereupon she could rot like the carcass of last week's ham..."

The boy king is having none of this. "Who are you to tell your liege of what to do? Was I not appointed by God himself to rule this realm?"

6346415005_f31d797d1e_b.jpg

Wolverton turns to the head of the Royal Guard. "Prepare the axeman!"

6346415069_74e0f0fe18_b.jpg

This whole time, Marcy has been thinking of a way out of this situation. "Your majesty, might I be given one more chance to pleasure you? I'm sure you'll find me very flexible."

The boy king snarls, "Where is that axeman?"

Marcy continues, "Your highness, please show mercy! I'm sure I could be of service to his highness elsewhere in the kingdom; the Royal baths, the kitchen, perchance."

6347165124_40340e682d_b.jpg

Mother addresses Marcy, "Oh, do stop begging, it's so undistinguished!"

"Please m'lord!" The boy king now directs himself to her. "Oh shut up you tart! You already had your chance to taste this legacy. You failed!"

6347165178_f8998a04a2_b.jpg

Reading the writing on the wall, Marcy lunges at the boy with inhuman speed, aiming for his throat.

6347165234_0de76bacb9_b.jpg

Reacting relatively slowly, but still with enough time to spare, the boy king beheads her himself.

Before the eyes of all in court, Marcy's head shifts into a green monstrosity.

6347165280_f89d4d712f_b.jpg

"Dear lord in heaven, what manner of trickery be this?"

Wolverton is in shock, "Sire, I... I'm... I'm not sure."

The pardoner steps forth from the crowd. "This be Satan's deed, made true before us! God has forsaken us!"

6346415285_463833579b_b.jpg

Wolverton interjects, "No need for such rash statements, this is but one."

6347165378_5e116e065c_b.jpg

The summoner then joins the discussion, "Preposterous! Witchbreed are never alone! There will be more!"

6346415403_4931fe4c93_b.jpg

The boy king ponders this. "I suppose the safest thing would be to kill you all... But then I would need all new people for my castle." He thinks some more. "Oh, I know! We'll play a little game! Yes! I want you to deliver these so-called witchbreed to me!" He can't hide his smile now. "I want you to search among yourselves and deliver one for me to kill everyday. Huzzah and hulloo!"

6346415451_9b642833ef_b.jpg

The crowd looks at each other, quite stunned at the prospect.

6347165512_4169157457_b.jpg

The boy king continues, "Or, I could just kill you all..."

In unison, the crowd feigns a smile and exclaims, "No, let's play a game!"

6346415575_76212675c4_b.jpg

The boy king stares off into the middle distance.

"Oh do let's!"

6347165636_dd115e5d65_b.jpg

Non-Player Characters

6337714292_d18d6f25fc_t.jpg The Boy King - Your lord. Show him the respect he has been granted by God.

6336960957_35d5ea0d35_t.jpg Mother - The Boy King's mom. Fear her.

6337714252_e02149c106_t.jpg Lord Wolverton - The Boy King's adviser. Stay on his good side.

Players

6336961867_c26e1e71a0_t.jpg

Sir Carrots, The Knight (scubacarrot) - The ideal of a medieval Christian man-at-arms. He has participated in no less than fifteen of the great crusades of his era. Brave, experienced, and prudent.

6337715312_fe7577a7b7_t.jpg

The Wife of Darth (Darth Nihilous) - Darth is an English town on the Avon River, not the name of her husband. Though she is a seamstress by occupation, she is actually a professional wife. She has been married five times and had many other affairs in her youth, making her well practiced in the art of love. She presents herself as someone who loves marriage and sex, but she also takes pleasure in rich attire, talking, and arguing.

6337714788_9fe6fd646f_t.jpg

Dragus, The Pardoner (darkdragon) - Dragus grants papal indulgences—reprieves from penance in exchange for charitable donations to the Church. He often collects profits for himself. He excels in fraud, carrying a bag full of fake relics.

6336961159_3fc9ac5ff9_t.jpg

Gilly Wooks, The Miller (Gingerwookie)- He a big mouth, both literally and figuratively. Wooks seems to enjoy overturning all conventions: he rips doors off hinges; and he tells a tale that is somewhat blasphemous, ridiculing religious clerks, scholarly clerks, carpenters, and women.

6337714110_df2518f599_t.jpg

Voltana Panana, The Prioress (volcanicpanik) - Modest and quiet, this Prioress (a nun who is head of her convent) aspires to have exquisite taste. Her table manners are dainty, she knows French (though not the French of the court), she dresses well, and she is charitable and compassionate.

6336961933_d6a6634e7e_t.jpg

Christos Knight, The Summoner (Chromeknight)- Knight brings persons accused of violating Church law to ecclesiastical court. A lecherous man whose face is scarred by leprosy. He gets drunk frequently, is irritable, and is not particularly qualified for his position. He frequently attempts to sound educated.

6337714354_f96ca498f7_t.jpg

Zam Kuric, The Clerk (zakura)- Kuric is a poor student of philosophy. Having spent his money on books and learning rather than on fine clothes, he is threadbare and wan. He speaks little, but when he does, his words are wise and full of moral virtue.

6337714984_a5d1a9f8df_t.jpg

Skip Pudding,The Man of Law (Skipper)- A successful lawyer commissioned by the king. He upholds justice in matters large and small and knows every statute of England’s law by heart.

6336962073_b65b4d7030_t.jpg

Wully Tintin, The Merchant (Wuntin)- Tintin trades in furs and other cloths, mostly from Flanders. He is part of a powerful and wealthy class.

6337714906_769118ab65_t.jpg

Pirelly Dabito The Shipman (Piratedave) - Brown-skinned from years of sailing, Dabito has seen every bay and river in England, and exotic ports in Spain and Carthage as well. He is a bit of a rascal, known for stealing wine while the ship’s captain sleeps.

6336961421_ee2d6929c0_t.jpg

The Merchant's Wife, Yulie Yodie (Yumiyoshi) - Yodie focuses on propriety and appearances, maintaining a happy home. New to a life of wealth, her working class roots sometimes show through.

6337714522_f6a6b7247e_t.jpg

Biskie Partsy, The Boy King's Maid (Bricksandparts) - She is a hardworking woman, and has worked in the Royal household since she was a girl. She holds the Royal family in great esteem and values her position there.

6336961207_58b89059a1_t.jpg

Flanagan, The Whipping Boy (Flare) - Flanagan has been reduced to providing entertainment for the Boy King, but his original role was that of receiving the punishment to be meted out to the King. He has the disposition of an abused child, both self-loathing and prone to aggression himself.

6337714948_d2c0a05b5c_t.jpg

Cuslo Mizzle, Grizzled Soldier (The Customizer) - Mizzle has served in the castle from well before the Boy King's reign. He is fully aware of how the Royal system works, and knows that one must always serve the king.

6337714854_3628cf135e_t.jpg

Franklin Holmes, The Manciple (fhomess)- Holmes in charge of getting provisions for court. Despite his lack of education, he is smarter than the thirty lawyers he feeds.

6337715166_118f618b30_t.jpg

Cecily Seas, Soiled Dove (Cecile) - A once pure maiden who is no longer considered marriageable. A light and positive personality that worries not about the future.

6336960909_a80999c4f1_t.jpg

Master Hale, The Summoner's Assistant (halomaster96) - Hale is a shy boy that has been taken under the Pardoner's wing. While there are certainly unpleasant aspects to his position, he hopes the experience will give him freedom in life moving forward.

Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). Proxy voting is allowed, with the format Proxy: Character (Player) and Unproxy: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first to achieve their vote will be lynched. Voting is mandatory. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death on your second offense.

Isn't beheading people going a bit too far. I mean the King could have sent her to prison but death is going a bit extreme don't you think?

Edited by zakura

Filthy witchbreed scum! Exellent job spotting her my liege!

I wonder who we can trust, knowing that the witchbreed can disguise themselves.......

Oh dear, the King seems to be in a bad mood today :look: . We should work together to root out these witchbreed so we can go on with our happy lives :sweet:

Mafia School Lesson One:

Day One

There are some obvious things to know, which I'm exaggerating for the sake of the mafia school. Normally, players try to figure out something from the host through the narrative. But, the narrative is only for fun and not the point of the game. I assigned the characters, wrote the story, took the pictures, etc etc, before you were randomly assigned your mafia roles. This point can't be stressed enough. Anybody who tries to use the logic of, for example, Lord Wolverton has access to the castle so he must be scum, that person is wasting everybody's time.

So, what can we say about day one? Will you catch a scum? Unlikely. Is day one useful? That's up to you.

What should town do?

-Be talkative, make accusations, get in arguments. If you do this, sure, maybe you'll get investigated at night. But (most) scum is terrified of being investigated, so they have difficulty being out front.

-Throw votes around. It's difficult for scum to react to votes exactly like town does, so by 'reading' their reactions, you get a hint of things. Also, you can look at those votes later on to see who any scum who get caught voted for. Everybody voting for one player and leaving it at that teaches you nothing.

-See who gives you good vibes and PM them. Bake up a scheme to lure scum out. It can be done.

What should scum do?

-Act like town. Build up trust, so that you can stab those same people who trusted you in the back later. Remember, if all of town is active and talking, it's only a matter of sniffing out the quiet ones to lynch.

Or, you can try an alternate strategy

Whatever you think will work. It's all fair, and there is more than one way to skin a kitteh.

Most of all, remember, this is a team game, not a survival one. Town's job is to help save town, and scum's job is to destroy town.

Have fun, and the first 24 hours of the day is the time to get to know each other and throw accusations around. Voting begins 24 hours from now.

Cecille is pretty optimistic I say,well im going back to my house to study and read about the witchbreed.

Edited by zakura

Isn't beheading people going a bit too far. I mean the King could have sent her to prison but death is going a bit extreme don't you think?

Rule #8

Do not edit your posts, for any reason. If you make a mistake, retype it, post it, with a "Sorry, excuse me, let me say that again." or something.

The reason for this is that scum sometimes incriminate themselves in thread, and there is a chance that they will go back and edit their posts, thereby breaking the game. So, this is a very strict rule.

Rule breaking gets a penalty, at this point, four penalty votes when voting starts. Please review the rules.

zakura, four vote penalty

If it happens again, you will be taken out of the game.

Oh Dear Lord, the retched Witchbreed walk among us! We must all ask for forgiveness for what we have to do. We must not harm any innocents this day as we sniff out the scum among us.

Oh my, our lil'king mood is rotten as a potato on a humid day.

When I was young..oh my oh my. The Queen should tame that temper.

Well, when he's angry he buys furs so... it's good for this ol'lady pocket and her family!

:cry_sad: This is so sad... too bad so many people will be killed.

Humph, they deserve it.

But... it is so sad...

:cry_sad:

Blimey! Witches! In all my time as a knight I have slain saracenes, saved maidens and so forth!

But never have I encountered Witches! May God's Fire come down on them I say!

Great, just what we need, more problems in this castle. Well, it looks like I shall have to figured this out somehow... Somehow. Hmm, can anyone decipher any clues from what we know? Perhaps there is something that would help us..

Witchbreed here, in the midst of King Oliver's court? Outrageous!

Tread lightly, my friends. The one you revelled with last night may well turn

out to be your death tomorrow. :cry_sad:

Incidentally, anyone interested in a new fur coat?

What foul treachery has befallen our peaceful kingdom! I'm sure that with appropriate teamwork, we'll be able to sniff out this evil. Since it's unlikely any of us will be permitted to leave the castle before this riddle is solved, I will set about preparing a buffet of roasted pheasant and assorted harvest vegetables.

Great, just what we need, more problems in this castle. Well, it looks like I shall have to figured this out somehow... Somehow. Hmm, can anyone decipher any clues from what we know? Perhaps there is something that would help us..

I'm not sure any of us have any more information than the rest at this point. I look forward to hearing what each person has to say about this unforeseen turn of events.

Okay, now that most of the people have shown up, I would like to start the smoking out of those Witchbreed scum! Whoever is the Investigator, please investigate me. I would like to create a point to coordinate around, and since no one can trust me until I've been confirmed Town, I would like to be investigated. That's the only way I can be proven, eve though it won't happen until tomorrow. In the meantime, we can only hope that the Witchbreed make another mistake like that awful woman did.

Of all the seas I have sailed, of all the ports i've been to, of all the creatures I have encoutered, I have NEVER seen anything as ugly as this witchbreed! We will need to be very carefull and watch each other's backs. Did anyone notice if the Withcbreed talked to anyone prior to being summoned by Lord Wolverton?

Of all the seas I have sailed, of all the ports i've been to, of all the creatures I have encoutered, I have NEVER seen anything as ugly as this witchbreed! We will need to be very carefull and watch each other's backs. Did anyone notice if the Withcbreed talked to anyone prior to being summoned by Lord Wolverton?

You know as much as I do, and probably more. So, I guess we could either not kill anyone today, and wait to see if the witchbreed strike again, or try our luck and hope we find one of them.... If we wait, we may be able to save a fellow human, and we just might find some clues of who the witchbreed really are...

So, I guess we could either not kill anyone today, and wait to see if the witchbreed strike again, or try our luck and hope we find one of them.... If we wait, we may be able to save a fellow human, and we just might find some clues of who the witchbreed really are...

Voting is mandatory, so waiting is not an option. I guess that leaves trying our luck.

Voting is mandatory, so waiting is not an option. I guess that leaves trying our luck.

Oh yeah, forgot about that... Well, let's hope our luck is good.

:cry_sad: I'm... I'm... afraid...

What if I am witchbreed and I didn't realize it?

Or maybe you are... and you want to eat me!!

Oh yeah, forgot about that... Well, let's hope our luck is good.

I don't think so. We ran out of 'luck' the moment the Witchbreed stepped foot in this castle. Everything's gone to pieces, and no amount of so-called 'luck' is going to save us. The only thing that might save all of us is some clear, cool-headed thinking, not old traditions and superstitions. I don't know about the rest of you, but I make my own path, instead of waiting for God to choose it for me.

Okay, sorry for talking so much, but I just want to clarify myself some more, with some ground statements:

1. If you are having a problem, please contact me privately. I may be able to help, as I have read a lot of books about similar situations.

2. Feel free to contact me privately at any time. I will be around almost all day, and I would love to talk to you.

3. If you are a Witchbreed, contact me at your own risk! I was married 5 times, I can tell when someone is lying or acting strange. If I spot you for a Witchbreed and you don't come up with a reasonable explanation, I will probably tell others my suspicions.

4. I don't mind if you use Night actions on me, as long as you don't kill me of course! If you are the Investigator, feel free to Investigate me, I will willingly agree.

5. If I make a mistake, feel free to point it out to me, publicly or privately, it doesn't matter. I will explain it without question.

That's all I have to say, and now I need to rest my vocal cords for a while. :sadnew:

It seems that the Wife of Darth is the only one of us who has said anything other than "let's catch these Witchbreed", so we really have nothing to go on. Most of us have checked in to this point, and it seems that beyond randomly throwing out accusations, we've got nothing else really to go on. There's still quite a bit of time before any votes need to be cast, but that doesn't mean we can't go ahead and start seeing how people react to accusations.

There's two ways to go about it. We've got a handful of folks who've yet to show up and then there's the rest of us. The ones who haven't checked in may not yield anything early. Those who have checked in, if they're regularly here, will hopefully be able to respond.

Darth might be a person to target because she's already encouraging people to contact her (I'm not quite ready to trust you on this one), but I also think it'd be a bit strange for scum to put themselves out there that blatantly this early. So I'll give you a pass for now.

Instead, I'll just pick someone at "random" and see what happens. Wully Tintin, you're offering to sell us some fine furs, but are you really seeking our comfort or is that just so you can get close enough to skin us?

For the rest of you, please enjoy a nice eclair from the table to the left.