Sign in to follow this  
kabel

Mitgardian Border Watchtower

Usually everything is quiet in the Northern winter, but since news about the collaps of the old kingdom spread into Mitgardia, watchtowers are being peopled again. Occasional traders from the other parts of Historica are being inspected keenly. Any drow smuggled into the North, weapons, magic potions? Well, let's hope for the Kaliphlin trader that his goods fulfill the strict critiria:

sscn0333.jpg

sscn0332.jpg

sscn0331.jpg

Original Build:

sscn0278.jpg

Edited by kabel

It is pretty I guess, not bad from someone from Mitgardia....bit it's not a patch on our towers from Avalonia. :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

That's a great design kabel! :thumbup:

The only thing that might undermine the desing is the colors; if it's not too late, I would exchange the red roof fora black one, and the red in horse carriage for brown. (Although this way it does have a certain RTS game feel that looks just fine from a distance) :wink:

You make your guild proud!

It is good that our caravan made it safely - it had left our safe borders before this unease and this new "Drow" activity. Enjoy our fine Oils and boulder sized Ferrero Rochers my brothers in the North!

--

Lovely build - I like the icicles and the snow and tree work.

The tower itself some great 'brick' work... and the red plates on the top - nicely played!

Not much to complain here.

Personally, I loved the colors of the roof at most

Every tower thus far is excellent, bravo :)

I really like how you have built the snow!! The tower itself is also perfect! Great job!!

Edited by de Gothia

I really like the snow effect you have here. It definitely makes me feel colder..or is that the air conditioning? Either way, good build. The red roof is nice, but it does stand out a bit. I do agree a black roof might look better since there is some red already around the windows.

Keep up the good work.

well, thank ya'll for the positive feedback. I guess this is actually the best moc I have assembled so far (More to come though). And with each brick set, the learning process gets going even further.

Concerning the roof, I was considering black in the first place, but I only have four corner slopes, so I made it red. I guess it could also use some more white. As for the red around the windows, I meant it to be normal baked clay bricks, hope that his came across.

btw,

LONG LIVE MITGARDIA

Well done Kabel, this is a great tower. I am looking forward to seeing the Mitgardia mocs as I do like the whole 'castle in the snow' look. This is a great start and looks strong and imposing. I would have gone with a black roof personally, but the red does work and makes it stand out. Nice work on the snow too. :thumbup:

DC

Mighty Avalonia!

Loving this MOC. YOu've captured the cold atmosphere of the North exactly as I imagined. Love the icicles (?) too btw.

Very well done my friend!

The upper section of your tower looks really beautiful. And the snow cover fits very well to your country side.

Phil

Really nice build, Kabel. Love the snow and icicles, this feels very Mitgardian. I`m glad the Kaliphlin trader was as good as his word, we work hard to keep it that way

:classic:

alright, so I changed the roof and the cart to the colors suggested by our glorious leader Jarl Nibelung. Unfortunetely I did't have any good natural light today, so I used a flash. The pics kinda suck now.