TalonCard

From Almaak to Zotax: all the planets in the LEGO galaxies...

Here's a couple.

Galaxy City from Space Police III is based on a mostly barren planetoid/moon/meteor. The name was brought up in the stop motion movies.

According to the PC game Lego Racers (1), the Exploriens are based on the Magma Moon. This is based on the name of the race track: Magma Moon Marathon, where Explorien thems are feature prominently.

Those are good ones...the Galaxy City planetoid has come up a couple of times now... I would say that we still don't know the name of the planet/planetoid that it's on, but I'm starting to see that it might be too major a location to leave out. What do you all think?

Normally, moons wouldn't be on the list...however, I did some digging, and it seems that the Magma Moon has been identified (at least online) as the second moon of the planet Mondo, in a LEGO.com game from 1996 "The Space Mystery". I've confirmed the game's existence here, but the game itself is probably gone forever. I've added it (tentatively) to the list. Thanks for bringing it up!

Good to see this thread is back!

Here's a couple Hero Factory planets: Hive (also referred to as Hive Planet; home world of Thornraxx), and Mechna (industrial planet; home world of XT4).

Thanks! I've added them to the list.

I've been adding some miscellaneous stuff here and there, from the Alien Conquest "Ask an Alien" feature and whatnot. Check it out!

TC

Added the first Galaxy Squad planet: Lavoo, from the web game. The web game isn't up yet, but there's a screenshot with the planet info...

TC

Added Planet TECHNIC from the Turbo Command Expander CD-ROM and more info on Holox and Zotax from Insectoid Invasion.

TC

About the planet Arcan.

I believe it is actually called Arcae, being that the word is the plural form of the word Arca, means "container of valuables."

The suffix "-nian" is a typical alien species name-end, so the fact that the Gold safe, which is a container of valuables, is Arcanian suits the word Arcae quite nicely.

Its crazy what a simple dictionary search can do!

Xalax is also a confirmed planet. The background of the Xalax Stadium area on the front of the game box of Lego Racers 2 rounds over, implying the planet is spherical. Not to mention the other planets in the background.

Edited by Penkid11

Those are good ones...the Galaxy City planetoid has come up a couple of times now... I would say that we still don't know the name of the planet/planetoid that it's on, but I'm starting to see that it might be too major a location to leave out. What do you all think?

Normally, moons wouldn't be on the list...however, I did some digging, and it seems that the Magma Moon has been identified (at least online) as the second moon of the planet Mondo, in a LEGO.com game from 1996 "The Space Mystery". I've confirmed the game's existence here, but the game itself is probably gone forever. I've added it (tentatively) to the list. Thanks for bringing it up!

TC

In "The LEGO Book" on the Space Police page(s), it calls this city the city of "Futuron", like the space theme. Since no other name is given for it, I would suggest that this would be the intended name for the city. I also believe this city is located on the moon because of what I'm assuming to be Earth in the backround of the boxes of the second Space Police wave (red tint on logo).

I also reccomend that you seperate things like Hero Factory planets from LEGO Universe planets and regular LEGO Space planets.

Also, since LEGO Universe was deleted, does that mean the LEGO Universe planets don't exist? They could be written off to the side as a reference I guess...

I hope you consider my proposals!

Happy Holidays! :laugh:

Edited by Kristo

Hero Factory a seperate universe, yes. However, you can't seperate the Lego Universe from... The Lego Universe. Minifigure planets should stay together; Spherus Magna should go "under other planets," along with the Roborider and Slizer planets; Hero Factory should have its own section as well.

Hero Factory a seperate universe, yes. However, you can't seperate the Lego Universe from... The Lego Universe. Minifigure planets should stay together; Spherus Magna should go "under other planets," along with the Roborider and Slizer planets; Hero Factory should have its own section as well.

You make a good point, though it is very controversial, though I believe that most themes are seen seperately. LEGO Universe can be seen as a place you play in a world where every theme meets. Instead of playing Castle and Space seperately, you can walk around and have the best of both worlds, so it is really hard to see LEGO Universe as part of the entire LEGO universe (note the lowercase :classic: ) as you cannot really prove that it is really meant to be a part of it completely. It contains a various amount of material/other themes mixed in, though I could definitely see why you would decide thats how it would be best done. It is not purely 'Space'.

I definetally agree though that Bionicle/Hero Factory Technic things are in a place of their own as well as Clutch Powers (for the same reasons I think LEGO Universe should be seperated) .

Added more info about Mondo II, courtesy of the Wayback machine, and a separate entry for the Magma Moon. Added discussion of Arcae and Galaxy City to the list.

Xalax is also a confirmed planet. The background of the Xalax Stadium area on the front of the game box of Lego Racers 2 rounds over, implying the planet is spherical. Not to mention the other planets in the background.

Thanks! I was concerned that I was being overzealous in thinking that Xalax was a planet, so it's good to have that confirmed.

In "The LEGO Book" on the Space Police page(s), it calls this city the city of "Futuron", like the space theme. Since no other name is given for it, I would suggest that this would be the intended name for the city. I also believe this city is located on the moon because of what I'm assuming to be Earth in the backround of the boxes of the second Space Police wave (red tint on logo).

Also, since LEGO Universe was deleted, does that mean the LEGO Universe planets don't exist? They could be written off to the side as a reference I guess...

Interesting...the city is called Galaxy City in most of the Space Police material, so it may have two names. That does indeed look like Earth in the background...

I wouldn't say that the LEGO Universe planets cease to exists just because the game isn't around anymore...a lot of these planets are from older material that is now hard to find.

I'm reluctant to separate the planets because I don't see that they necessarily have to be in different universes, since most Technic themes take place on planets other than Earth. Technic sets that are Earth based have had Octan logos, and Octan is pretty well established as a fixture in the "minifigure" world. Roboriders takes place in "Cyberspace", which would indicate another type of existance altogether.

The number of planets coming from Hero Factory is pretty extensive...perhaps something like "HF" could be used to designate these for easy reference?

LEGO Universe can be seen as a place you play in a world where every theme meets. Instead of playing Castle and Space seperately, you can walk around and have the best of both worlds, so it is really hard to see LEGO Universe as part of the entire LEGO universe (note the lowercase :classic: ) as you cannot really prove that it is really meant to be a part of it completely.

That's exactly what I thought, until I delved into the LEGO Universe backstory...in a nutshell, the main locations of LEGO Universe are the fragments of the planet Crux, where a nexus of pure Imagination exists. This nexus makes it possible to bring any idea to life. The planet was found by four space explorers, and it is their ideas and those of others brought to the planet that bring the various other themes to life. So the basic backstory is compatible with LEGO Space.

Similarly, the Clutch Powers movie has elements from Castle through the use of Ashlar, a planet described as a medieval throwback planet created by "might and magic", much like Ninjago. This allows the story to use elements of Castle while still being primarily a futuristic story compatible with what we know about the LEGO Universe.

Whether Clutch Powers takes place closer to the time of Agents and Power Miners or closer to the time of the Space Police III sets is up for debate, though...

TC

The allow me to summerize the debate, Yes, it does happen during that time period. The sets involved in the story are to advertise whatever was available at the time, thus promoting sales.

Edited by Penkid11

The January/February 2013 LEGO Club Magazine at last revealed a few of the details of the Galaxy Squad conflict, giving us the planets Selva and the Hive Planet. Both have been added to the list.

TC

Added the Inner World from an old Swedish comic book ad, Jovan II and Nepton 13 from the text Space Police logs from the LEGO website. I had some help tracking those down. :)

TC

Added Veedo, Zorax, 814FTW and 214DAL from the Galaxy Squad game Bug Battle. :)

TC

Excellent work. I see that I'm not the only one who's attempted to compile an index of planets across the LEGO Universe, although mine is somewhat outdated as I have not updated it in quite a while. Comparing your list to my own, here's a few more entries you can add.

Also, I don't suppose you were the fellow who contacted me on Constructopedia Wiki? If you are, then I'm all the happier to provide you with the following information!

Mercury

A small planet with a day approximately half as long as that of Earth. (March-April 1997 LEGO Mania)

Venus

Known by RoboForce for its unfriendly atmosphere, with temperatures up to 900 degrees and pressures like being 3,000 feet underwater; enough to vaporize spacecraft in two hours. (March-April 1997 LEGO Mania) Inhabited by Venusians, which speak the Venusian language and are known for making waffles. (Space Police III, The Brick Street Journal)

You can also add to Mars that we have confirmation of its two moons, Phobos and Deimos. (Mars Mission)

Jupiter

Briefly mentioned in a RoboForce log. (March-April 1997 LEGO Mania) Possibly home to Jovian cosmic storms and Jovian blockodiles, which are tough and mean (the term "Jovian" refers to Jupiter). (Space Police Log, July-August 2011 LEGO Magazine)

Saturn

Made up of mostly hydrogen and helium gases, with lower density than seawater. Known for its rings made up of lumps of ice and space dust, ranging in size from sugar grains to train cars. (March-April 1997 LEGO Mania) Home to 17-legged spiders which may be domesticated as pets. (January-February 1996 LEGO Mania)

Neptune

Known for its fourteen moons, though one of the smaller moons was badly damaged when Captain McReynolds of the Star Justice crashed a rocket’s cargo of unstable energy containers into the moon. (LEGO Factory: Space)

Pluto

Home to mining activity. Known for being the site where the Rock Raiders Chief lost his left arm. (High Adventure Deep Underground) Famous for its Pluto Pepperoni Pizzas. (still locating source)

Terra-9

Inhabited by crystal bees and home to the Quadrillion Dunes, which are patrolled by Space Police. (The Brick Street Journal)

Gallant 5

Site of the ancient structure built by the mythical First Builders, which was a clue to the location of the Imagination Nexus. (The Great Minifig Mission)

I'm not sure where, but you might want to list somewhere all the known planets that Crux split into, including Crux Prime, Avant Gardens, Block Yard*, Avant Grove*, Nimbus Station, Nimbus Rock*, Nimbus Isle*, Pet Cove, Gnarled Forest, Chantey Shanty*, Forbidden Valley, and Raven Bluff*. If you want, I can provide info on these. This system is known collectively as "Nimbus System".

* Depending on your definition, these might be too small to qualify as their own planet.

Similarly, you probably want to mention somewhere that, following The Shattering, Spherus Magna was known as Bara Magna, and it had the two moons Aqua Magna and Bota Magna.

DeepFreeze

Has an arctic climate, and appears similar to Canada in terms of fauna (with the exception of penguins) and flora. Located close enough to Nimbus System to be affected by the Maelstrom. (LEGO Universe)

Portabello

A fantasy world inhabited by magical, sentient animals such as flying pigs. Located close enough to Nimbus System to be affected by the Maelstrom. (LEGO Universe)

Ninjago is implied by LEGO Universe to be its own separate planet, like how Clutch Powers shows the 2007-2009 LEGO Castle theme to take place on Planet Ashlar.

Kazak

Home to the evil Kazak's main base. (The Unknown Galaxy) According to jamesster, this is not stated anywhere in The Unknown Galaxy itself. I may have gotten this info from BrickJournal, but seeing as most of my LEGO library is in another castle isn't accessible at the moment, I cannot confirm.

Swamp Planet, The

A swamp planet. At least one large body of water exists, home to a massive tentacle monster. Home to the Castle of the Darkmen. (The Kidnappers From Swamp Planet)

Alpha-1

Home to the Alpha-1 Rocket Base and the orbiting Space Station Alpha 1. (Classic Space, SOS Space Station Alpha 1)

Beta I

Home to the Beta I Command Base. (Classic Space)

Polaris I

Home to the Polaris I Space Lab. (Classic Space)

Castle Planet

Barren planet. Home to the Fright Knights kingdom. A large crevice splitting the planet is home to a giant dragon. May be located in another universe. (

)

We have no name for it, but it was confirmed that Sentai Mountain, the setting of the LEGO Exo-Force line, is not located on Earth.

Well, aside from the names of a few clusters, systems, quadrants, and sectors, I believe that's all I have that's not on your list. I'm happy to contribute them so that we can get closer to having a complete index of all the planets in the LEGO Universe.

Edited by PeabodySam

Just did a bit of fact checking, and I'm almost completely positive that the name "Hivilus 5" has never been used. It's just "Hive" or "Hive Planet."

That's entirely possible--my main source for Hero Factory is the Hero Factory wiki; I don't know a lot about the storyline. Do you have access to the cartoons and comics?

Excellent work. I see that I'm not the only one who's attempted to compile an index of planets across the LEGO Universe, although mine is somewhat outdated as I have not updated it in quite a while. Comparing your list to my own, here's a few more entries you can add.

Also, I don't suppose you were the fellow who contacted me on Constructopedia Wiki? If you are, then I'm all the happier to provide you with the following information!

Yes indeed! I'm glad you've made your way here. :) Judging from the Constructopedia Wiki I can see that we have slightly different perspectives on the LEGO Universe, but I'm always excited to find anyone who is as interested in the minutiae of it as I am.

Thank you for providing such an extensive list (with pre-written entries, even!) A few notes:

An earlier version of the list did speculate Jupiter as the home of the Jovian blockodiles, but after reading of the planet Jovan II in the Space Police Logs I figured that was most likely the intended planet of origin for the cosmic storms and blockodiles.

Neptune: what's your source for the incident with Captain McReynolds here? I know Greg Hyland did a comic with Star Justice and the Star Skulls, but I haven't been able to find more than a few panels. Was it the comic, or a website, or did the set box have character information?

Pluto is not technically a planet. ;)

Gallant 5 and Ninjago were already on the list.

I'd definitely like to go into more detail on the separate splanet shards of Crux and Bara Magna, but I don't have the sources handy. If you do and you'd be willing to write the entries, please feel free!

Thank's for the clarification on Kazak--your initial post had me running for my copy of Unknown Galaxy. :) Kazak's citadel is on the recently-conquered Robus in the comic, but it doesn't say where he had been based before...I certainly wouldn't put it past him to name a planet after himself. Let me know if you find anything in Brickjournal...is this the issue with the Marsden interview I've been hearing about? I'd really like to track that one down.

I had been putting off adding the Swamp Planet to the list until I had read the comic, as I thought the planet might be named there. Do you have a copy of Kidnappers from Swamp Planet? I'd love to hear more about it; no one seems to have it. :(

I've gone ahead and added Castle Planet to the list, though in my head I always wanted to assume that it was the same as Ashlar. You make a good point about the reference to "another universe" in the commercial, though.

We have no name for it, but it was confirmed that Sentai Mountain, the setting of the LEGO Exo-Force line, is not located on Earth.

Oh thank goodness; Exo-Force has been driving me nuts. What's the source for that? Now if only they'd come out and say the same about Legends of Chima...

Well, aside from the names of a few clusters, systems, quadrants, and sectors, I believe that's all I have that's not on your list. I'm happy to contribute them so that we can get closer to having a complete index of all the planets in the LEGO Universe.

About those systems, sectors, etc... Eventually I'd like to move to a more all-encompassing guide to the LEGO Universe, as it's becoming clear that sticking only to planets is pretty limiting--there are lots of other intriguing cosmic objects. Grouping them by system would make sense too, and then by galaxy if possible. Judging from the Space Villian bio we have at least seven galaxies. I can think of the Milky Way, the Whirlpool Galaxy, the Unknown Galaxy, and the Selva Galaxy off the top of my head...does anyone know if others have been named?

TC

Here is some more info.

The Xalax racers are called Ramas in Lego Racers 2

Ogel is the final world in Lego Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge.

I'd definitely like to go into more detail on the separate planet shards of Crux and Bara Magna, but I don't have the sources handy. If you do and you'd be willing to write the entries, please feel free!

Here are some sources.

Lego Universe Wiki

(Remember that the areas you wish to add are planet chunks. They are not official planets. Also it was said that the planet would somehow be reformed after the Lego Universe's initial story ended. I forget where this info comes from, so please by all means, someone correct me.)

BS01 (Bionicle Wiki)

Edited by Penkid11

Lego Universe Wiki

(Remember that the areas you wish to add are planet chunks. They are not official planets. Also it was said that the planet would somehow be reformed after the Lego Universe's initial story ended. I forget where this info comes from, so please by all means, someone correct me.)

I'm staff over at the LU wiki (as is PeabodySam), and I've never heard anything about plans to have Crux re-form in all the research I've done. I can't even see how the developers could have worked that into the game, as many of the mechanics and story elements of the game simply wouldn't have worked if the planet re-formed - for example, the player property worlds, which are specifically small planet chunks players can claim as their own. It would especially be an issue with the first property in the game, which is heavily tied into the story of the entire intro level and ending boss fight, if the planet had ever re-formed in the story the developers would have been forced to entirely re-work the first hour and a half of the game - and they had already done that once with the launch of free-to-play! Not to mention Crux Prime (the biggest chunk of Crux), which would also have to be heavily reworked if Crux re-formed, as the entire southwest end of the level had its focus on the edge of the planet chunk and the steep cliffs dropping off into a sea of Maelstrom energy swirling underneath it...

Anyway, here's the LU wiki articles for the various pieces of Crux:

Avant Gardens

Nimbus Station

Pet Cove

Gnarled Forest

Forbidden Valley

Crux Prime (Sorry for the poor quality of this article, it's on my list of articles to revise)

Frostburgh (Technically this place is actually a comet, and as with Crux Prime the article needs to be revised to get it up to quality standards)

DeepFreeze

Portabello

MoonBase (This level actually doesn't have any direct story ties to the rest of LEGO Universe, and the presence of 10029 Lunar Lander suggests it may be Earth's moon, though the planet seen in the sky doesn't specifically resemble Earth)

Robot City (Again, terrible article, needs revising - though it was never clearly stated where the city is, it's at least close enough to the Maelstrom to have contact with it, so it's likely on a chunk of Crux)

There's also the smaller property worlds, which, as PeabodySam said, might not qualify as planets - there's really not much to say about them, as they're basically tiny little planet chunks with the same visual style as their respective parent worlds.

Edited by jamesster

I'm a little confused--were worlds like Portabello and DeepFreeze part of Crux at one point? Or are they other worlds in the Nimbus system?

TC

It was never really specified, actually. They were created by teams of AFOLs, not the main developers of the game, so they're smaller and there's generally less story to them compared to the primary worlds of the game.

Regarding the LUP worlds, I would say that they still qualify as planet chunks, it's just that they do not share Nimbus Station as a hub world with the other planet chunks.

Edited by Penkid11

I went ahead and double checked what I said earlier, The LEGO Book does not call "Galaxy City" Futuron, though I have a nudge that it was called Futuron before, but until good evidence can be found, it's better to assume there is no such thing.

I don't think anyone caught "Planet Selva Galaxy" in January-February 2013 LEGO Club Magazine from Galaxy Squad. According to the Magazine a "Swarm of Strange Bugs" have been infiltrating this planet/galaxy. They have consumed several planets and are being held back by Galaxy SQuad Elite teams. I believe this is a galaxy according to the description and may be named after one giant planet but we can't know for sure. :wacko:

CONFORMATION THAT INSECTS FROM GALAXY SQUAD ARE INTENTIONAL REBOOTS OF INSECTOIDS.

ALSO:

In the magazine there is a small box describing the bugs specialty that says: "With their insectoid space ships and massive numbers, they are a threat to galactic peace." This is supported by the fact LEGO nowadays would never introduce a theme all about villians/one faction. It's like having LEGO City being only made up of the robbers and no police.

I recently got myself my own copy of "The Unknown Galaxy" so I can answer any questions about the comic! :tongue:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS CONTAIN LARGE SPOILERS OF THE COMIC BOOK "Jim Spaceborn: The Unknown Galaxy"!

Kazak is NOT a planet, though in the comic Keko says how the Spearhead has landed inside "Kazak's Galaxy". This does not mean that is the actual name of the galaxy though, it mostly refers to the fact that Kazak conquored most of the galaxy they are in and is in control of it all.

There is also no direct proof that Kazak's men/faction is called Kazak. At one point in the comic one of Kazak's goons yell, "That robot belongs to KAZAK!" which shows how they do not have a name for their faction but rather answer directly to Kazak. Some people think these men could be Blacktron/early version of Blacktron because of the black suits and the ships having the color scheme of Blacktron I (I like to think of it that way myself) but their uniforms sport a logo that looks more like a castle crest.

You should add more to the planet Commercia is on. "Everything seems to be for sale here!".This could be interpreted as sarcasm to show portray Commercia as a highly advanced place. Also, Commercia in general is not a planet (at least no serious proof is found to show this). Commercia is a city on some random planet Jim and Viva were sent to explore. Also this planet may have swamps becuase of how Jim and Viva crash into one when trying to land near Commercia.

I think Zonia could possiblybe classified as Earth. It's hard tying together everything properly with other information we already know but as the crew of Spearhead are human, Zonia may be another name for Earth or it's just that the main base of the Classic Space organization (better known as the Federation in the Neo Classic Space community).

For the planet Robus there should be more description. There is a native fruit there that is called Zeir Palms. They weigh tons and can crush a space ship. Possibly the same fruit as the one used to power the robots, only much bigger and heavier. Robus also has a Robot population led by L-Sie (also a robot). Many of these robots were taken as captives by Kazak and the rest grouped together as rebels/fugatives to fight against Kazak. Although this planet does have a population of robots, it still has organic life forms (Ex. in one pain a detailed bird is spotted in the backround). Kazak's fortress and army is/was located on the planet. though it is unknown if the fortress was destroyed or just left there. The robots also have a city on that planet but were driven out by Kazak.

I really hope all of this helps! Since I have "The Unknown Galaxy" sitting handy next to me, I can give out detailed information on things in it, though I still have no idea why I can't find a copy of "Invaders from the Swamp Planet"! I wonder what happened to it, I really need to get myself a copy... and I'd also like to know what issue the interview of Frank Madsen is in. I've had dreams of seeing that... :grin:

I saw that you wrote that Earth is also known as "Terra", do you have an idea of where that name came from? It's interesting to know.

There are quite a lot of Hero Factory Planets and I still think they should be grouped off. They take up a lot of space (no pun intended!).

I really love this list and it's exiting to see all the planets we got over the years! This is great! :sweet:

Edited by Kristo

ALSO: CONFORMATION THAT INSECTS FROM GALAXY SQUAD ARE INTENTIONAL REBOOTS OF INSECTOIDS.

In the magazine there is a small box describing the bugs specialty that says: "With their insectoid space ships and massive numbers, they are a threat to galactic peace." This is supported by the fact LEGO nowadays would never introduce a theme all about villians/one faction. It's like having LEGO City being only made up of the robbers and no police.

Insectoid is just a word that means "insect-like"... It's not specifically tied to the LEGO theme.

You should add more to the planet Commercia is on. "Everything seems to be for sale here!".This could be interpreted as sarcasm to show portray Commercia as a highly advanced place. Also, Commercia in general is not a planet (at least no serious proof is found to show this). Commercia is a city on some random planet Jim and Viva were sent to explore. Also this planet may have swamps becuase of how Jim and Viva crash into one when trying to land near Commercia.

You sure about that? Seems pretty clear Commercia is the name of the planet to me. From page 17:

"Hey, give it a rest, will you? We don't want to buy or sell ANYTHING!"

"Of course you do! No one comes to Commercia unless they want to buy or sell something... But OK, I won't pry into your trade secrets. Heading for town? Hop in!"

Notice how he differentiates between "Commercia" and "town" - the way it's phrased seems to say that after landing on the planet, they had already arrived at Commercia. The alien who greeted them asked them if they were going into the city after he had already mentioned they had come to Commercia. Why would he say it that way if Commercia was only the name of the city?

And considering Jim and Viva landed in one, yes, I'd say it's very possible the planet has swamps. :tongue:

I'll try to find my Brickjournal magazine with the interview with Frank Madsen, if I remember right it has some solid proof Commercia is the name of the planet...

Edit - Found it:

All of the buildings, ships and characters were made of LEGO, except on Comercia. There everything was smooth and studless in sharp contrast to the rest of the book. I’d be interested in the reasons for this.

"My argument in 1984 was that the main characters and their space ship came from a LEGO world, and that the strange worlds they encountered not necessarily should be built from LEGO bricks. Exactly as when you were a child playing with your LEGO bricks and figurines in your parents’ garden, and the surrounding world was also real grass, plants, concrete, the occasional garden table and so on. I thought it was a nice contrast."

Notice how they say on Commercia, and Frank describes it as a "strange world".

Oh, and the interview is from Brickjournal Issue 2, and it has some additional info on Jim Spaceborn, like pages of the unpublished comics and some info on its origins:

"In 1983, LEGO had produced a children’s book with the space theme, written by Douglas Hill and illustrated with photographs. I don’t know if the book was ever published, but I have a printed test copy. It contained some of the elements that were later used in The Unknown Galaxy: The starship Spearhead in a much different design, the mainframe computer MAGS and lots of small yellow, white and red LEGO astronauts with cool names like Nicola Madden, Jed Carson and Willy Gerling. LEGO abandoned the children’s book concept and started the comic book project instead."
Edited by jamesster

Insectoid is just a word that means "insect-like"... It's not specifically tied to the LEGO theme.

*snip*

That of course is possible but on the other hand this is a childrens magazine and by looking at the pages where they show kid's creations you can tell most of them aren't quite sure what that word would mean... but on the other hand they probably don't know what the theme was either! I'll still always see it as a reboot of insectoids.

And I guess you're right about Commercia being a planet, I didn't look close enough.

Also I just realized how stupid my sentence about swamps sounded! I meant that it may be more of a swampy planet or kind of wild and only tamed into some areas like the town Jim and Viva visited. :grin: