Sign in to follow this  
Silver.Smith

Avalonia Border Watchtower

Originally built by the dwarves over 700 years ago the tower of Belduń served as an above-ground reminder of the Dwarves former glory. As the western Dwarves power waned and the Avalonia Guild rose to prominence in the region the tower was turned over to Avalonia with the charge of protecting the trade route from raiding parties. There is rumor that the tunnel directly below the tower once connected the underground kingdom of the dwarves to the surface. Whatever remained of the tunnel has since collapsed leaving behind only a small section currently being used as underground prison cells for bandits and the random Nocturnus raider.

The tower is located on the trade road just miles from the border of Mitgardia and a days walk from the eastern kingdom of Nocturnus. On this particular day our Hero Sir Henry Drake and his band of marauders has apprehended two Nocturnus Orc scouts. Because of the constant treat of Nocturnus raiding parties into Avalonia Sir Henry takes no chances with these spies and turns them over to the guard master at the tower of Belduń.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures!

1321241100m_DISPLAY.jpg

13212411132_DISPLAY.jpg

Tower of Belduń Moc Page

Nice clean tower - so kind of you to provide for me a forward base for our imminent border expansion. We may even allow you to give it up without bloodshed. The octagonal shape makes for a spacious interior and roof without making it too vulnerable on the outside. The lamp posts are very good, but we will most likely add something from nature to it for charm - a skull or two may suffice. We will of course have to change the flags. See you soon! :knight:

So close to the border of two neighboring lands, I see why you chose the rounded shape. Well built, very solid looking, looks good.

I noticed no roof though. How will your men handle those cold winters when the snows of the north reach out into your territory?

Fantastic tower!

The 1x1 round plates on the side are particularly nice!

And from your friends from the South, we thank you for protecting the vital trade routes.

Nice clean tower - so kind of you to provide for me a forward base for our imminent border expansion. We may even allow you to give it up without bloodshed. The octagonal shape makes for a spacious interior and roof without making it too vulnerable on the outside. The lamp posts are very good, but we will most likely add something from nature to it for charm - a skull or two may suffice. We will of course have to change the flags. See you soon! :knight:

ahahah good thinking, in the right direction ;)

Anyhow, when you are finished whipping this little tumble of stones, come by to the mountains, and we will hunt few Avalonians in the maze ;) It's real fun, because they are green, you know, always trying to blend, but East is sulfuric, black, red, brown... And yes, they give their horses girly names :P

Edit: I forgot - beautiful castle, great competition ;) can't wait to see everything :)

Edited by Angeli

Your tower looks great, very sturdy. Lets hope it's impregnable too.

Edited by Augen 2

Great job!! Looks realy nice and detailed, yet solid! The door is so nice! Got the inspiration from our great leader? :sweet:

I´m also building a watctower now. Looks like Avalonia is going to be really mighty!! :classic:

Great work! This is what I like to see! I mighty stone tower that looks strong and solid! Nice use of detail and the landscape is great, fits perfectly within our land. Avalonia will be a force to be reckoned with! Well done :thumbup:

So it appears not all is lost for Avalonia just yet...fantastic build SilverSmith :thumbup:

But it will take more than one nice tower to win this challenge I hope for your sake that your fellow guilds-men can follow suit and produce some quality towers like you have shown us here.

thanks for the positive comments everyone! I'll try and take some close up shots of the details tonight as the original shots came out a little harsh due to bad lighting.

thanks for the positive comments everyone! I'll try and take some close up shots of the details tonight as the original shots came out a little harsh due to bad lighting.

I like your tower very much it looks very realistic. Im really proud to be in avalonia guild with such good builders like you. I'm waiting for the close up shots.

Fantastic tower! Loving the design, and the surrounding landscape details.

Avalonia shall indeed prove its might with more great builds like this one!

Long live the Guild!

The entrance and the top are magnificent build. :thumbup:

It is an honor to share guild with you.